So I've been doing reviews of different company mission statements and I couldn't find a solid one for BlackBerry. The page where I think it used to be now has some statement about going from RIM to BlackBerry. This site, which is the first thing that pops up when you Google "blackberry mission statement" doesn't paint a good Strategic Management picture of the company. Am I just missing it? Thoughts?
    10-26-13 09:58 PM
    Good point subscribing for future comments

Sent from my zipaligned and deodexed own custom ROM on HTC One X
    10-26-13 10:03 PM
    So I've been doing reviews of different company mission statements and I couldn't find a solid one for BlackBerry. The page where I think it used to be now has some statement about going from RIM to BlackBerry. This site, which is the first thing that pops up when you Google "blackberry mission statement" doesn't paint a good Strategic Management picture of the company. Am I just missing it? Thoughts?
    What are you even talking about??

You think they just need a public statement? To what end? I doubt anyone in the public would be foolish enough to give it any value/weight now....

I don't think they every could have made a meaningful public one in the last year or so. Their real mission was: let's get the heck out of this company while the getting is good! This was actually even hinted at slightly by Heins, and I'm sure it's what he was working on hard behind the scenes. Had he made a public one...and he sort of did at times - though they too were vague and inconsistent - it was "please let BB10 miraculously succeed!". That went out the window and now it's "let's start grasping at software straws, and start the process of eliminating the primary core business of the company while looking for buyers"....and that too is public knowledge now. So again, I doubt any sort of mission statement would mean much, particularly considering it's unknown whether Heins or any of the board will even be remotely attached to BB in a month or 2.

What were you thinking of?
    10-26-13 11:26 PM
    OK...yea they kinda suck on their strategic management. I think we all know that. I just find it suprising that such a large company doesn't have a powerful mission statement. I did find something that kinda works, but it's in a odd place. On the BlackBerry FB page under the "about" section to the right next to "products" is the following sorta mission statement: "BlackBerry introduced the first BlackBerry device in 1999 and we remain committed to delivering innovative mobile technology innovations worldwide." This thing is super weak, hard to find and really disappointing. Anybody else have someplace better to find one? Where's Chris Umiastowski at...
    10-27-13 07:33 PM
    Mission Statement : Put a phone in your pocket

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    10-28-13 04:01 PM

Let see, BlackBerry is basically a smartphone company that sells smartphones and provides communication and management services that are geared towards business.

Their old BBOS devices are not selling well against the competition.
    Their new BB10 devices are not selling well against the competition.
    Their MDM software is not selling well against the competition.
    They have fallen to within the margin of error of even been a mobile platform
    Their current long term outlook based on current expenses and sales is that they will be Bankrupt by the end of next year.

At this point I'm not sure what a Mission Statement would do for them? But at this point the "mission" is to get as much value for the shareholders as possible, that means finding something else to sell......
    10-29-13 09:17 AM
    Mission Statement.

Up the creek Hoping the Z30 is a good paddle
    10-29-13 09:24 AM
    OP, they have one they have been using for the last three years. It's quite simple: "Coming Soon..."
    10-29-13 06:47 PM
    "Coming Soon..."
    Sounds like a xxxxx company's slogan. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    10-29-13 06:48 PM
    OK...that's funny
    10-30-13 12:10 AM
    OP, they have one they have been using for the last three years. It's quite simple: "Coming Soon..."
    LOL !

New hardware, software, and apps 'coming soon', led by our CEO, T. Heins Catchup (not banned at McDonald's ... yet)
    10-30-13 12:43 AM