I just saw this on CBC's the National and it was about a Canadian Tech company called Bionym, they are developing a wristband that will use your heart rate as a signature and in turn use that as your unique identifier to unclock your house or use to unlock your phone or computer and basically replace the use of passwords. I thin BlackBerry needs to buy that company and incorporate their innovative technology into future BB10 devices.

Cheers,
    09-09-13 11:51 PM
    I think BlackBerry needs to see some profits on their handset sales before they go gallivanting off and buying yet another company.
    09-09-13 11:54 PM
    Fair enough, but the same could have been said when RIM bought QNX, they weren't selling many than and just imagine where BlackBerry would be now if they hadn't purchased QNX.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 12:07 AM
    Armchair CEO stuff.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 12:08 AM
    Maybe Bionym buys BlackBerry... watch out! ^^

Posted via CB10
    FSeverino likes this.
    09-10-13 12:13 AM
    What would you expect from a BlackBerry fan blog site?
    09-10-13 10:52 AM
    Maybe Bionym buys BlackBerry... watch out! ^^

Posted via CB10
    Maybe. I didn't think of that
    09-10-13 10:52 AM
    This would be the gimmick that BlackBerry 10 needs. The Nokia Lumia has the camera. BlackBerry needs to focus on one feature that's eye catching and they advertise like hell

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-10-13 11:15 AM
    Fair enough, but the same could have been said when RIM bought QNX, they weren't selling many than and just imagine where BlackBerry would be now if they hadn't purchased QNX.

Posted via CB10
    They bought qnx in order to make BlackBerry 10.
    What would this company bring other than a feature for the existing os.
    You honestly can't compare the two

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 11:22 AM
    I don't like these biometric passwords for devices. Let's take my computer for example. I run into trouble with the law and I have some data which might either implicate me or otherwise be of sensitive nature. If I have a regular password then I can refuse to tell them and make them work for it. Whereas if it unlocks using my fingerprint then all the lawmen have to do is force my finger on the sensor and they have what they need.
    I wonder why people are happy about this?
    Forget run ins with the law. I have my credit card numbers and pins on my phone. A criminal can force open a fingerprint device but a BlackBerry would wipe itself.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 11:26 AM
    I don't like these biometric passwords for devices. Let's take my computer for example. I run into trouble with the law and I have some data which might either implicate me or otherwise be of sensitive nature. If I have a regular password then I can refuse to tell them and make them work for it. Whereas if it unlocks using my fingerprint then all the lawmen have to do is force my finger on the sensor and they have what they need.
    I wonder why people are happy about this?
    Forget run ins with the law. I have my credit card numbers and pins on my phone. A criminal can force open a fingerprint device but a BlackBerry would wipe itself.

Posted via CB10
    Gun Head?
    Knife Throat?

As to Bionym - seem like a gimmick to me - if it works off of heart rate, what happen if you get home and you really have to pee and are in a rush.... the house won't recognize you and let you in?
    09-10-13 02:12 PM