I read a lot about the name RIM-Blackberry and competition and how to get secure phone's etc.

I think blackberry name must stay but make it easier for people to undestand the kind of phone you sell . I was thinking for 3 changes in series also to compete and share you have touchscreen.

1 Blackberry Stealth (with secure smart package)
    sub - stealth Z30
    sub - Stealt Q10
    just a package everybody happy

2 Blackberry Classis (Qwerty series) just for the Q models
    Q10, Q20,Q5

3 Blackberry Touch ( touchscreen device) just for the Z models
    Z10, Z30

The word stealth, classic and touch are easy to understand and sound better. So maybe Chen was right with classic but
    you should go for all easy names to understand
    riss89 likes this.
    03-07-14 03:44 AM
    I agree! The name should stay the same. And as for your groupings and names...sure! Why not? Easy enough for everyone to understand!!! Thanks!
    03-07-14 05:41 AM
    No thanks but talking z10 people asking zen what or c10 from people made me thinking. Thanks to the CEO named q20 classic. I liked the idea . Also new competition like blackphone is easy to overcome with package deals with existed models using secusmart sd cards..

That why I came up to make live easier.
    BlackBerry classic Q10
    BlackBerry touch Z10
    BlackBerry stealth q10,z30 with securesmart

BlackBerry is free to use my idea but I hope I get rewarded with a Z50 when they use it.
    03-07-14 12:50 PM
    The BlackBerry in me loves the name "BlackBerry" and wan'ts to agree with you. However, I don't think a name change would be the worst thing in the world. Brand recognition for BlackBerry is horrible right now. Even BlackBerry lovers like ourselves all have at least 1 gripe about our beloved company. Imagine how people with no loyalty feel when they hear the name. This would be easy to test...

Try it. Bring up the name BlackBerry in conversation and just see how people react. If people were indifferent and just kept talking; I'd lean toward keeping the name. But if people hear BlackBerry and can't resist to take a shot at it, or say something negative- it might be time to leave the name behind. From my Personal experience, people can't resist saying something negative.

*** I said brand recognition... I should have said brand Reputation/Image. Although, what I originally said does still hold true when you hold up a Z10 to the average person. "Thats a BlackBerry, or, What Kind of phone is that" are the two most common questions I get.
    Last edited by H_O_Boomaye; 03-07-14 at 04:14 PM.
    03-07-14 12:58 PM
    People in holland still think blackberry is only qwerty so it's a no go. The name touch made it clear it's a touchscreen device. Classic is what they all ready think, yes indeed keyboard mobile and stealth is only a package combo.

You see it looks simple but it also made it simple for people mind there is more then only the idea of qwerty which is similar for blackberry in there mind. The word touch is simple, new and strange for people.

Sometimes simple things are simply understandable.

edit: I also think Blackberry must change the way and deal only with main providers in europe. So for Holland - KPN , Belgium Proximus, france-france telecom, Spain-Movistar just only use these providers to make it profitable and exclusive for these providers. It's better win for the provider and make blackberry products exclusive. Blackberry also must sell phone's from the own blackberry page without subscribe with package deals.

So you get exclusive operators selling your phone and it's more profitable for the operator it's cheaper to advertise with that provider and also sell phone's from your own store.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by whatsever; 03-07-14 at 03:46 PM.
    03-07-14 01:04 PM
    Blackberry boss - the crazy high end touchscreen phone.

Blackberry classic - keyboard phone.

Blackberry.............- low end phone.

Don't have anything for the last one.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 04:17 PM