BBM Money. BBM Channels. Visa Certification. Focus On Security. Encrypted Global Network. Global Presence.

Can BlackBerry make an even bigger, long-term impact on the digital currency market than Bitcoin has?

BlackBerry has always been known for its world class security, I mean even POTUS uses a BlackBerry. Could the rise of digital currencies be the biggest opportunity for BlackBerry since the rise of the smartphone market, which made it a world leader, for a while?

Let's think about it. A good digital currency needs some sort of connection to physical currencies (BlackBerry has Visa certifications), it needs top of the line security and encryption (wait, doesn't BlackBerry also have that?) and it needs a global network to ensure it's adoption (Yet another thing BlackBerry has; a global data network & a global distribution chain). The only major downside could be their frequent network outages.

BlackBerry offers a payment service similar to PayPal, taking a small fee, and it trades in its own uniform currency. It allows users to exchange funds with each other by using their PINs, they can purchase stock on global stock exchanges, purchase digital content such as applications, they can purchase items from both supported vendors and unsupported ones (ie. through BBM Channels or other platforms). They can even make physical payments through NFC. The trackpad makes a comeback with a sophisticated fingerprint sensor (heart rate sensor, skin texture recognition etc.) to ensure security remains top notch.

You can even get add-on accessories for your devices to process cards, taps between devices etc. The possibilities are endless.

Let's think about this, it can work...
    03-10-14 12:23 PM
    Trading two goats for one cow and a chicken is better than Bitcoin..
    03-10-14 12:43 PM
    i hope chen read this, invest in your idea pay you some money, also hire you, and then hire me...

They have all the plataform, the security, they only need to innovate standing out of the croud with this solution, the results are enormous also when all your idea its set, the should subsidiary the half of the smartphones to ensure the use of the service, they are going to win a fee of every transfer & transaction also the prestige they stock market will hit the sky. ?? mony

Posted via CB10
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-11-14 02:57 AM
    Great idea.
    Hope Chen reads this.

Posted via CB10
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-11-14 03:08 AM
    Great idea!

Posted via CB10
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-11-14 03:13 AM
    Too much risk. One high profile hack and there goes BlackBerry's security rep. The media would have a field day

Posted via CB10
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    03-11-14 10:06 PM
    I like where your heads at though.

Posted via CB10
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-11-14 10:06 PM
    I've noticed Crackberry has put a fair few forum threads on to the homepage.

I think this should be the next one.

Definitely something in here that would take my interest, wonder what the position is for the rest of the community.

Posted via CB10
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-12-14 08:34 AM
    I think both are very extreme polar opposites of each another. Bit coin was designed to be unregulated, whereas BlackBerry money was designed to be much more regulated, as a trustworthy platform endorsed by major financial corporations. That is how I feel.

Posted via CB on BB10
    03-12-14 10:44 AM
    BBM Money. BBM Channels. Visa Certification. Focus On Security. Encrypted Global Network. Global Presence.

Can BlackBerry make an even bigger, long-term impact on the digital currency market than Bitcoin has?

BlackBerry has always been known for its world class security, I mean even POTUS uses a BlackBerry. Could the rise of digital currencies be the biggest opportunity for BlackBerry since the rise of the smartphone market, which made it a world leader, for a while?

Let's think about it. A good digital currency needs some sort of connection to physical currencies (BlackBerry has Visa certifications), it needs top of the line security and encryption (wait, doesn't BlackBerry also have that?) and it needs a global network to ensure it's adoption (Yet another thing BlackBerry has; a global data network & a global distribution chain). The only major downside could be their frequent network outages.

BlackBerry offers a payment service similar to PayPal, taking a small fee, and it trades in its own uniform currency. It allows users to exchange funds with each other by using their PINs, they can purchase stock on global stock exchanges, purchase digital content such as applications, they can purchase items from both supported vendors and unsupported ones (ie. through BBM Channels or other platforms). They can even make physical payments through NFC. The trackpad makes a comeback with a sophisticated fingerprint sensor (heart rate sensor, skin texture recognition etc.) to ensure security remains top notch.

You can even get add-on accessories for your devices to process cards, taps between devices etc. The possibilities are endless.

Let's think about this, it can work...
    Not a bad idea, but too bad cryptocurrencies are a joke. There are no practical uses for them yet. Maybe once the US dollar starts to really crash they might be valuable, even then it's iffy.

BTC is a great idea, and it awesome that it's not a interest bearing currency and can't be regulated by the Fed. But I don't see the point in trading your money, wether it be dollars or euros (both numbers in a computer) for other numbers in a computer. Imo tangable items are way more valuable than either. For example: Water, food, gold and silver, guns and ammo etc...
    But the most valuable asset is our intelligence

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 11:05 AM
    I to like the way your thinking. I'm finding it hard to see the negative aspects of this concept.

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-12-14 11:06 AM
    BlackBerry is not anywhere near ready to take on an enterprise of this size. What they need to do is get more certifications from nations to use that nation's currency through NFC (think digital wallet). Things like this:
    RBC and McDonald’s bring first NFC mobile debit transaction to Canada with a BlackBerry smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    Rogers and CIBC bring first mobile credit card payments to Canada using BlackBerry smartphones | CrackBerry.com
    CIBC and Rogers lay out their plans for the future of mobile payments in Canada | CrackBerry.com
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-12-14 11:11 AM
    Well the CEO of bitcoins committed suicide, i am sure that will hit the market.
    03-27-14 08:28 PM