I am a very addicted user of a BlackBerry z10. I love it because of its features and class. But the company continuously down its prize. I don't no why they are doing this. The BlackBerry q5 has in less features as compared to z10 but still there is no price difference between them. BlackBerry is trying to decrease it's market. I am very disappointed with them.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 02:38 PM
    Perhaps they have tens of millions unsold Z10. Z30 is also available and next year they probably have to present a new device.

Concider it a clearance sale ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 02:53 PM
    The business of business is inexplicable on so many levels. The position of armchair CEO is the best of all. None of our decisions make any difference. The future of BlackBerry remains a black box. We can hope good decisions are being made even if from our own perspective the choices make little or no sense.
    Ecm, BlackBerry Guy and acovey like this.
    04-30-14 03:01 PM
    As hinted, this has been moved to the Armchair CEO forum with a title tweak.
    04-30-14 04:04 PM
    imagine how others are feeling who bought z10 sometime back, for 2-3x the current price
    04-30-14 11:10 PM
    this is the mobile phone market. you make the big margin dollars at the start of the new product and then at the back end of life of the product you discount so you dont have to take back or hold old stock you would have to write off. Thats the way the game works. Its not about discounting to **** the customers off its about survival. If you just left products at the high prices people would just skip over them This way at least they get bb10 in more users hands and no its not good for margins and resale value but basically there is no concern ever about products and pricing in this category. You have to keep things moving and you do it through any means possible. They allso have to think about new products and why buy something new if something old is better or holds a better story for value. The blowout price aims to reduce inventories. Thats the area they are in now. They already wrote down the product now they just need to get something for it. Either that or they take another huge write down and another write down like the last puts the RIP in the company. Not a good thing.
    04-30-14 11:21 PM
    I know, but the problem is they are discounting more than 50%.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 11:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's really not bad for a product that is more than a year old now and never really sold that well to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    05-01-14 12:00 AM
    The truth is, BlackBerry priced the Z10 way too much since they need to recover their lost... but this made them lost more... imagine if Z10 was priced, even at 30% less than the premium price when it was launched, it would probably be gotten to many users - both previously BlackBerry and new users... and BlackBerry gained more... if not, lost less...

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 12:06 AM
    I think they should start doing the same with the Q5... at 100-150$ would be good. not more. And before introducing another qwerty device.

Powered by Blackberry
    05-01-14 02:42 PM
    No/Yes

The problem is BlackBerry has two customers.

Enterprise - who will pay more for a device that meets it's needs, In BlackBerry's case - security and device management are a big plus, and should be priced accordingly (lots and lots of profit) Unfortunately this applies to ONLY those Business/Gov customers that want it.

Consumer - who will pay more for a device that meets their needs, In BlackBerry's case they offer nothing that most consumers see as a benefit, in fact quite the opposite. So discount pricing has become necessary just to move stock.

But there are MANY other factors that affect a company's or persons willingness to buy a product at a particular price point.
    05-02-14 01:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    And with 50% discount they should have some revenue. BBRY aimed too high with initial price. I don't blame for that, but they had to re adjust long time ago.
    In my country BB10 models are still above 400eur in carrier stores and I never saw anyone that hold one in hand. I'm guessing that carriers have paid in advance for some quantity and now they don't want to lower prices. Independent stores, small importers, are selling Z10 around 220eur. Because of price reduction at independent stores I see some interest for Z10

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 12:05 PM
    I think that is something expected.

I paid USD 318 for my Z 10 a year ago on a 24 months contract. 6 months ago it was selling at telco's for USD 199 for a12 months contract.

It is something that we already expected to happen as prices on electronic goods always go down quickly.

Unfortunately now in Malaysia, BlackBerry phones are no longer available for sale unless you go to Celcom.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 12:26 PM
    I indeed fear that blackberry doesn't go in the line of samsung, discounting it phones so heavily. Back in India Z10 has got a 60% price cut since launch. So people who bought the phone at launch really felt betrayed. I mean a 60% cut isn't good. It also make customers go away from blackberry. Because the next time they buy a phone, they might not chose a blackberry thinking that it will lose its price very fast.
    05-03-14 12:32 PM
    Because the next time they buy a phone, they might not chose a blackberry thinking that it will lose its price very fast.
    I think next time the initial price will be more realistic. We're seeing that with the Z3. I hope that the Q20 will also be priced reasonably from the beginning.

If they can do that correctly, that solves this issue, doesn't it?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by app_Developer; 05-03-14 at 04:02 PM.
    05-03-14 02:30 PM
    It does. For most people. But sometimes if someone becomes against a brand, it's irrational, so even the right pricing won't really help
    05-04-14 10:34 AM
    I am a very addicted user of a BlackBerry z10. I love it because of its features and class. But the company continuously down its prize. I don't no why they are doing this. The BlackBerry q5 has in less features as compared to z10 but still there is no price difference between them. BlackBerry is trying to decrease it's market. I am very disappointed with them.

Posted via CB10
    Originally when the Z10 was launched, it was suposed to be the new flagship device. It has not panned out and that is why you can get it for the same price as a Q5 in some places.

When a company has very low marketshare, is selling approximately 1 million BB10 devices a month and has tons of unsold Z10 inventory which it has written off then it is time to drop the price to at least get it into as many people's hands as possible.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    05-05-14 06:11 AM
    When a company has very low marketshare, is selling less than 1 million devices a month and has tons of unsold Z10 inventory which it has written off then it is time to drop the price to at least get it into as many people's hands as possible.
    Just a niptick - they "wrote down" the inventory, which means they've provisioned against the the overall value of inventory to get it to a price point they think they can move the units at. Wrote off means they think the value is probably zero and are scrapping it. The big write-downs they did at the start of Chen's tenure and prior are being seen now in the discount pricing.
    05-05-14 06:16 AM