I think I'm at peace now. I think BlackBerry can try as hard as they want, but the market will never, EVER let them back in.
    Latest example, the Priv. ATT and Verizon both carry the phone now.. but you have to KNOW about it, before you can go get it.. Go to the website, S7 is advertised up and down the pages. No store in my area 25mi radius has the Priv in stock. so its online only.. so go online, and VZW will be sure to sell you on the S7 before you even get to the Priv page... BlackBerry is letting it happen. But, there is nothing they can do.
    Its a shame.
    Killjoyhere, early2bed and andy957 like this.
    03-14-16 10:20 AM
    I think I'm at peace now. I think BlackBerry can try as hard as they want, but the market will never, EVER let them back in.
    Latest example, the Priv. ATT and Verizon both carry the phone now.. but you have to KNOW about it, before you can go get it.. Go to the website, S7 is advertised up and down the pages. No store in my area 25mi radius has the Priv in stock. so its online only.. so go online, and VZW will be sure to sell you on the S7 before you even get to the Priv page... BlackBerry is letting it happen. But, there is nothing they can do.
    Its a shame.

The problem isn't that the market won't give BlackBerry a change... it's that BlackBerry can't keep up with the market.
    03-14-16 11:20 AM
    BlackBerry just thought that it was enough to put out an Android device.

Now everybody can understand that it's the same error that BlackBerry made for years with BlackBerry10 ... not pushing the product in the only way the need to.

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    03-14-16 03:50 PM
    Carriers aren't stupid - they promote the handsets that give them the best chance of getting new customers and retaining existing ones. A focus group of 100 potential smartphone buyers will tell them all they need to know.
    JeepBB and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    03-14-16 04:01 PM
    Sure. Let's blame "the market" for BlackBerry's struggles. They're completely responsible for the poor decision-making and execution that's plagued the company for at least the last nine years, including the inability to market properly, the failure to respond to the iPhone(which, in some ways, led to the rise of Android), the crap-fest that was the Storm, the joke that was the Playbook, their inability to build and grow developer relations, wasting money on stunts like hiring Alicia Keys, and screwing up the multi platform launch of BBM while things like WhatsApp and Snapchat ate its lunch. Pull your head out of the sand and assign blame where it's due!
    03-25-16 04:16 PM
    I haven't seen a single ad on TV or anywhere for the Priv. Who's to blame for the market not knowing the phone exists? Even during the MWC BlackBerry didn't make an attempt to show off their Priv.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 04:01 AM
    Sure. Let's blame "the market" for BlackBerry's struggles. They're completely responsible for the poor decision-making and execution that's plagued the company for at least the last nine years, including the inability to market properly, the failure to respond to the iPhone(which, in some ways, led to the rise of Android), the crap-fest that was the Storm, the joke that was the Playbook, their inability to build and grow developer relations, wasting money on stunts like hiring Alicia Keys, and screwing up the multi platform launch of BBM while things like WhatsApp and Snapchat ate its lunch. Pull your head out of the sand and assign blame where it's due!
    +1 ...except for statement "hiring Alicia keys"... I'm big fans of her and she's one of reason I tried and look at BlackBerry 10 devices and came back to BlackBerry after using iphone and android (at that time feels suck with BlackBerry OS)

Posted Via Q10 10.3.2.2836
    03-26-16 06:41 PM
    +1 ...except for statement "hiring Alicia keys"... I'm big fans of her and she's one of reason I tried and look at BlackBerry 10 devices and came back to BlackBerry after using iphone and android (at that time feels suck with BlackBerry OS)

Posted Via Q10 10.3.2.2836
    I'm a fan of hers, too, but I think the money they spent on her might've been better used elsewhere.
    03-27-16 02:43 AM
    I agree with you, the problem al BlackBerry is that no one there know the existence of the word MARKETING.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 03:03 AM
    Sadly I have to agree with you 100%.
    04-03-16 10:54 PM
    Ha! See... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    04-04-16 01:07 AM
    Its a shame.
    I find you post very interesting. There were quite a few posters who guaranteed that the PRIV would sell really well once Verizon carried it.

I thought otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 01:12 AM
    The problem isn't that the market won't give BlackBerry a change... it's that BlackBerry can't keep up with the market.
    BlackBerry surpassed the market technologically. BB10 is far superior to anything out to date. And that will never change. Unless a new OS comes out with a similar interface.
    Android and iOS will "NEVER" become better then BB10. Simply not possible. They would have to be completely scrapped, if anything. Both are old outdated OS's.
    This ain't an opinion, its basic Fact. Not to mention, BBRY's great lack in Marketing & device choice. Hence the low sales.
    04-05-16 04:08 AM
    BlackBerry surpassed the market technologically. BB10 is far superior to anything out to date. And that will never change. Unless a new OS comes out with a similar interface.
    The BB10 interface was "borrowed" from WebOS and Meego - both of which used gesture-based navigation. The thing that all 3 of these OSs share is: the mass market didn't care. Sure, all three had small, devoted fan bases, but the market as a whole simply had other priorities that none of these three OSs were able to deliver. WebOS and Meego are effectively dead, and BB10 is soon to follow.
    04-05-16 10:08 AM
    Android and iOS will "NEVER" become better then BB10. Simply not possible. They would have to be completely scrapped, if anything. Both are old outdated OS's.
    This ain't an opinion, its basic Fact. Not to mention, BBRY's great lack in Marketing & device choice. Hence the low sales.
    That's like having the best engine in a race... but forgetting to bring the tires.

As for BB10 being far superior...I've heard arguments that a RTOS wasn't a good choice for a mobile platform. And my personal experience is that the need for the Android Runtime greatly reduced the efficiency of the OS. The Z10's battery size was comparable to the iPhone of that time.... but iOS was MUCH more power efficient than BB10 was.

Maybe if BlackBerry had created BB10 back in 2007, there had been no need for the runtime and BlackBerry had made competitive hardware.... we would have seen the full potential of BB10. But that's a moot point now...
    04-05-16 10:40 AM
    That's like having the best engine in a race... but forgetting to bring the tires.

As for BB10 being far superior...I've heard arguments that a RTOS wasn't a good choice for a mobile platform. And my personal experience is that the need for the Android Runtime greatly reduced the efficiency of the OS. The Z10's battery size was comparable to the iPhone of that time.... but iOS was MUCH more power efficient than BB10 was.

Maybe if BlackBerry had created BB10 back in 2007, there had been no need for the runtime and BlackBerry had made competitive hardware.... we would have seen the full potential of BB10. But that's a moot point now...
    You are talking about the Z10 and BB10 when it was initially released. Of Course, it takes time to refine the platform. And they did quite a bit after X amount of years. Look how long iOS has been out for. It took Apple quite a long time to make the battery last longer. Though batteries still drain fast in iPhones.
    04-05-16 09:36 PM
    The BB10 interface was "borrowed" from WebOS and Meego - both of which used gesture-based navigation. The thing that all 3 of these OSs share is: the mass market didn't care. Sure, all three had small, devoted fan bases, but the market as a whole simply had other priorities that none of these three OSs were able to deliver. WebOS and Meego are effectively dead, and BB10 is soon to follow.
    BB10 was built from the ground up. Sure there's some similarities with WebOS. This has nothing to do with whether the market wanted this superior interface or not. It was all about how the product was marketed and timing. The market is "Uneducated". They buy what they are told to buy. How else do you think Apple made it so big with the iPhone, SELL people under powered phones with an age old operating system that should have been retied long ago, and tell lie to customers by way of propaganda style marketing, telling them its new and intuitive. How about how Apple cornered the Carriers with ripoff contracts. Or Anti-Competition contracts.
    There's many mitigating factors that help mess up BlackBerry in the hardware division. Of Course, had BBRY released BB10 in 2010, when they had a commanding market share, things would have been a lot different today.
    04-05-16 09:40 PM
    Anyhow, Apple is ditching iOS for a mobile OS that seems quite similar to BB10. Not sure when they plan on releasing this though. Based on what I've learned.

In the meantime, the iPhone has caused mass industry technology stagnation.
    04-05-16 09:43 PM
    Once again, it's "BB10 users are smarter and superior, and everyone else are dumb sheep." That kind of denial and hubris is exactly why BB failed in the market, and why BB10 is going away.
    04-05-16 10:19 PM
    You are talking about the Z10 and BB10 when it was initially released. Of Course, it takes time to refine the platform. And they did quite a bit after X amount of years. Look how long iOS has been out for. It took Apple quite a long time to make the battery last longer. Though batteries still drain fast in iPhones.
    I'm talking about right now.... I burn through two batteries in the time it takes her iPhone to die. And she uses he iPhone much more.

During normal work day, I'll be ok as I have a charger in the car and at work. But when we go on vacation and are away from a power source.. I put my Z10 into battery saving mode, and I carry my spare battery. But I'll still be dead in 12 hours, and she'll still be going. And that's with us using he phone more as the Camera is better, as Apps work on her phone (we do Disney a lot and they have a My Disney Experience app).
    04-06-16 07:09 AM
    Anyhow, Apple is ditching iOS for a mobile OS that seems quite similar to BB10. Not sure when they plan on releasing this though. Based on what I've learned.
    [citation needed]

In the meantime, the iPhone has caused mass industry technology stagnation.
    04-06-16 07:11 AM
    This ain't an opinion, its basic Fact.
    No, it's all opinion, based on your own personal fondness for Blackberry and irrational disdain for Apple and Android. Everything you said in this post has zero basis in reality.

Where are you coming up with this wackiness?
    04-06-16 07:17 AM
    True, a platform need time to refine. The problem is that at the time of q10 and z10 launched nobody compared launch BB10 to launch Android/iOS. They compared launch BB10 to what was available on the market which were mature and stable iOS and Android versions with a healthy ecosystem to boost.

That's like building a pretty crappy car today and saying people should buy it because it's better than a car built 20 years ago. When launching a product your competition isn't the products that were released 5 or 10 years ago, it's the products currently on the market. Saying launch-BB10 n 2013 was better than launch-iOS(2007) or launch-Android (2008) was not a good reason to buy BB10 in 2013 and still is not a good reason today.
    04-06-16 07:25 AM
    No, it's all opinion, based on your own personal fondness for Blackberry and irrational disdain for Apple and Android. Everything you said in this post has zero basis in reality.

Where are you coming up with this wackiness?
    I would tell you, but profanity is frowned upon here.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-06-16 07:42 AM
    I think that BlackBerry's problem is not the market. It's the NSA &c. They need backdoors on all phones, or BlackBerry did not allowed it totally and fully as HTC, Samsung, Apple, and so on.
    04-07-16 05:52 AM
30 12