Blackberry Hub is undoubtedly the most useful feature on Blackberry 10. Thus, after some months having my Q10, I realised some ways in which Blackberry can augment the usefulness of this feature with a couple of new updates that are simple yet very easy:

1- hub for the news as well, Blackberry can allow the user to get direct notifications from his trusted sources Flipboard-ish way, that said, the user can choose the news that interest him and whenever something new gets his way he gets a notification on his hub and ability to open the browser right from it. Not just from applications.

2- weather and traffic update based on his location.

3- Blackberry world new apps, Blackberry world, by syncing with the hub, send latest cool applications that might interest the user directly through the hub. It's like when Crackberry tells us about latest apps, but in a more Hub-like approach.

I hope my suggestions would be valuable, I know some 3rd client apps do some of the features but I am talking about whole native Blackberry experience.

What do you guys think?

Posted via my Q10/Playbook/Curve
    02-07-14 06:58 AM
    I'm not a developer, but any app may connect to the hub and post notifications.

Location based triggers are already present in 10.2.1. As far as I know the only thing not possible is to autostart apps.

So everything is there - it's just up to the developers to write the apps.
    02-07-14 07:22 AM
    You should submit these ideas to BlackBerry! Interesting! I would love to get news from BB World directly into the Hub.
    02-07-14 07:23 AM

Location based triggers are already present in 10.2.1. As far as I know the only thing not possible is to autostart apps.

Yes as I said, some apps actually do have some features of what I suggested. But I mean it's nice to have a HUB for everything not just message notifications, maybe alarm as well and reminders.

Posted via my Q10/Playbook/Curve
    02-07-14 08:37 AM

Actually there is autostart, beebuzz does

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    02-07-14 08:45 AM
    Current Hub is great but still needs some basic features. For example: setting up new email account will give you 200+ new emails. With the current way it is impossible to select them all at once and mark them as read. I don't want to select each one individually. Talk about efficiency

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 07:54 AM
    Current Hub is great but still needs some basic features. For example: setting up new email account will give you 200+ new emails. With the current way it is impossible to select them all at once and mark them as read. I don't want to select each one individually. Talk about efficiency

Posted via CB10
    Actually you can do that. Click on the date rather than an individual email and it allows you to select all emails prior to that date and delete all or mark all as read.

Posted via CB10
    dibbis likes this.
    02-09-14 07:57 AM
    Holy smokes I didn't know about that thanks man!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:17 AM
    Holy smokes I didn't know about that thanks man!!!

Posted via CB10
    No problem man. It seems like I always find out about certain little features that I didn't know about.
    Not sure if you knew about the pinch to zoom filter in the HUB either (if you're on the latest OS). Pinch to filter just the unread emails/texts. Pretty neat feature too.

Posted via CB10
    JamesIV likes this.
    02-09-14 10:26 AM
    Wow that pinch zoom feature is awesome! Didn't know about it

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    02-09-14 10:42 AM
    Wow didn't know that either. Nice

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    02-09-14 11:32 AM
    Wow didn't know that either. Nice

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    I know right...so much to explore.