In my opinion BlackBerry is fixated on BBRY and the goodwill of shareholders. The (un)known backroom dealings by the board and the sparse spread information about this are only qualified to keep the BBRY patience . What has long been forgotten is the user part, the loyal fan base. On the one hand it must be possible to act invisible in the background (for "business") but IMO on the other hand it should be possible to spread useful informations for all BB-user. I bet that a lot of BB-users try to get a prospect for the future and will depend their decision to purchase a Z30 (f.e.) on the nearest future of BB. All loyal BB-user avoid to install a "plan B" for the time after BB, but the thoughts are already there...iOS, Android, win? Or hybrids like BB/Lenovo, BB/Samsung, BB/microsoft? What will happen in Dec. 2013 or the next year? Will BB continue the OS10? Will microsoft use BB10 only for BES and will muzzle OS10 in BIS to support win in BB-Hardware? Will we get OS10 and support/upgrades in lenevo hardware (like the K900, optional with android). Will BBM become the only indeed BlackBerry corporate and the vestige would gutted? Will BB OS10 User become dying jesters of a company which is already willing to sign contracts with anyone to satisfy the willing of shareholders? Am I forced to blush in january 2014 with a Z30 in my hand cause the nokia-shmock beside me laughs about my stupid buying-decision? Questions which are sooo annoying and exhausting- and destroying my believe in a loyal USER-ORIENTATED company.... What are your concerns and do you have a plan B if BlackBerry becomes a daughter of huawei (f.e)

09-11-13 01:57 PM
    In my opinion BlackBerry is fixated on BBRY and the goodwill of shareholders. The (un)known backroom dealings by the board and the sparse spread information about this are only qualified to keep the BBRY patience . What has long been forgotten is the user part, the loyal fan base. On the one hand it must be possible to act invisible in the background (for "business") but IMO on the other hand it should be possible to spread useful informations for all BB-user. I bet that a lot of BB-users try to get a prospect for the future and will depend their decision to purchase a Z30 (f.e.) on the nearest future of BB. All loyal BB-user avoid to install a "plan B" for the time after BB, but the thoughts are already there...iOS, Android, win? Or hybrids like BB/Lenovo, BB/Samsung, BB/microsoft? What will happen in Dec. 2013 or the next year? Will BB continue the OS10? Will microsoft use BB10 only for BES and will muzzle OS10 in BIS to support win in BB-Hardware? Will we get OS10 and support/upgrades in lenevo hardware (like the K900, optional with android). Will BBM become the only indeed BlackBerry corporate and the vestige would gutted? Will BB OS10 User become dying jesters of a company which is already willing to sign contracts with anyone to satisfy the willing of shareholders? Am I forced to blush in january 2014 with a Z30 in my hand cause the nokia-shmock beside me laughs about my stupid buying-decision? Questions which are sooo annoying and exhausting- and destroying my believe in a loyal USER-ORIENTATED company.... What are your concerns and do you have a plan B if BlackBerry becomes a daughter of huawei (f.e)

There was recent communication from Huawei they were not interested in BlackBerry. I tend to believe that BlackBerry would not go with Huawei.

As far as the rest of your questions....who knows, really. BlackBerry is not offering updates and really, it's not surprising. This is a delicate time and for once, I understand that they should not say much.
    anon2100101 likes this.
    09-11-13 02:32 PM
    BB has until 9-20-13 to update/Z30 announcement or I get the 5s, like all my friends, family and co-workers. I know, BB isn't intimidated by me. Hell, they aren't even listening.
    09-11-13 02:50 PM
    There was recent communication from Huawei they were not interested in BlackBerry. I tend to believe that BlackBerry would not go with Huawei.

As far as the rest of your questions....who knows, really. BlackBerry is not offering updates and really, it's not surprising. This is a delicate time and for once, I understand that they should not say much.
    My example with huawei was an attempt to descripe my perplexity... and I undertstand this "delicate time"... But however- this silence works in two ways and I REALLY hope, that an authoritative statement of BlackBerry by Oct./Nov. 2013 at the latest reveals the details of the future of the company and OS10. FOR ME this details become relevant for purchasing a Z30 or to switch to (f.e.) Jolla and Sailfish....
    09-11-13 02:55 PM
    My example with huawei was an attempt to descripe my perplexity... and I undertstand this "delicate time"... But however- this silence works in two ways and I REALLY hope, that an authoritative statement of BlackBerry by Oct./Nov. 2013 at the latest reveals the details of the future of the company and OS10. FOR ME this details become relevant for purchasing a Z30 or to switch to (f.e.) Jolla and Sailfish....
    There will definitely be a statement by September 27th.
    southlander likes this.
    09-11-13 03:07 PM
    BB has until 9-20-13 to update/Z30 announcement or I get the 5s, like all my friends, family and co-workers. I know, BB isn't intimidated by me. Hell, they aren't even listening.
    Well given that the Asia event is on the 27th, chances are that's when announcements will happen.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 03:08 PM
    BlackBerry has never put the end user first. It has always been the carriers, CIO'S, and investors over the end user and the result is a brand in the toilet and sales that are awful. They need to realize that it is the end user who buys the phone, and making them happy should be their number one priority. If they had done this, then everything else would have fallen into place and they would be fine.

Posted via CB10
    beamolite likes this.
    09-11-13 09:48 PM
    I say go for it. Seize the day.

You can pry my BlackBerry from my cold, dead hands.
    09-11-13 10:25 PM