Can the Global marketing team be held accountable for the situation Blackberry is in now? I mean it's easy to cut CEOs but how can you not slash the global marketing team? How is it possible for people at the Global marketing team to keep their jobs since 2007 in some cases, or pre BB10 launch, with the situation Blackberry 10 is in now? Who's wifes, relatives are they, who's lobbying for them? They fired the CEOs but not the marketing teams?
    So let's start with the 1st one
    Eric Glenn - Senior Director Blackberry Global Marketing since 2010!?!? Who held him in this position until now considering the situation Blackberry is now in ?
    https://touch.www.linkedin.com?sessi...8800/name:bCwD

2nd
    Mark Wilson - Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Since jan 2014
    https://touch.www.linkedin.com?sessi...4867/name:Vlmp

3rd - marketing positions switching between SAP and Blackberry?
    Carmel Coscia - VP Blackberry Global marketing.
    Previously at SAP as a senior director for global marketing, it seems she switched positions with Roger Baxter who previously held the same position at Blackberry Global Marketing. https://www.linkedin.com/m/profile/A..._name&rs=false. Mr. Baxter works now at SAP as a VP Global Marketing - https://www.linkedin.com/in/roger-baxter-3a843bb
    4th
    Richard Ashley
    https://touch.www.linkedin.com/?sess...0918/name:uZCj
    5th
    Trudy Coen - Director Product Marketing since 2011 - this must be a sad joke on us
    https://touch.www.linkedin.com/?sess...8831/name:aO3U
    6th
    Steven Curwood - Senior Marketing Manager EMEA since 2008!!!
    https://touch.www.linkedin.com/?sess...8879/name:lIFh
    7th
    Sheila Flexen - Digital Marketing Manager - Global Campaigns
    https://touch.www.linkedin.com/?sess...7099/name:Y0rk

8th
    Stephane Lanoux - International marketing Manager
    https://www.linkedin.com/m/profile/A..._name&rs=false
    Of course we could continue ...to me these are the people who are more responsible than any of the Blackberry's past CEOs.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    Last edited by danifulger; 01-23-16 at 08:25 AM. Reason: clearing the thread
    01-23-16 02:55 AM
    What problems are you having with the app?
    andy957 likes this.
    01-23-16 02:59 AM
    What problems are you having with the app?
    The app was paused while using the web browser so I lost everything I wrote on Android.

Last edited by danifulger; 01-23-16 at 03:22 AM.
    01-23-16 03:10 AM
    Weird never happened to me.
    Laura Knotek and Mecca EL like this.
    01-23-16 03:25 AM
    The browser has multiple tabs opened. This never happened for me on Blackberry 10. Happens a lot on. Android.

01-23-16 03:27 AM
    The browser has multiple tabs opened. This never happened for me on Blackberry 10. Happens a lot on. Android.

Sorry to say but that is a known Android issue. Android does not function the same way bb10 does. In bb10 when you keep an app open on the homescreen, it still runs real time. In android when you put an app in the "background" it pauses and only updates when you relaunch the app.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 03:51 AM
    My Bb10 phone is away at the moment so i need to use this. Don't get how people like Android when using multiple software and having the Blackberry 10.

01-23-16 03:54 AM
    I think one of Chen's first pink slips was the Chief Marketing Officer, no?

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/a...nagement-shake

You may remember him from trying to introduce that donkey-brained Super Bowl ad.
    Mecca EL and andy957 like this.
    01-23-16 04:01 AM
    Me neither.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-23-16 04:02 AM
    It happens to me constantly on different Android devices. People either acknowledge it or not. But when it happens it almost hurts.

01-23-16 04:24 AM
    It happens to me constantly on different Android devices. People either acknowledge it or not. But when it happens it almost hurts.

What about the video evidence provided to you in your first thread on this subject?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-23-16 04:26 AM
    Could we stick to the subject of the thread. Will wait for the link to the video in a PM.

LE: well the PM with the Video link never arrived so i guess don't know what is it about?
    Last edited by danifulger; 01-23-16 at 06:12 AM.
    01-23-16 04:32 AM
    What about the video evidence provided to you in your first thread on this subject?
    OP might not have seen it, or is in a severe state of denial, but I'll repost the video link that refutes his browser claims.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvwcrucc8r...rding.mp4?dl=0
    01-23-16 07:22 AM
    could you say why is it weird?
    01-23-16 07:30 AM
    OP might not have seen it, or is in a severe state of denial, but I'll repost the video link that refutes his browser claims.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvwcrucc8r...rding.mp4?dl=0
    thanks i guess?
    The test doesn't respect the conditions posted in the thread, it was supposed to be scrolled down a few times after the scrolling line was finished as more results were loading. even so we could already see some issues. I guess it was taken on the priv.
    In denial? why does reload the website then @29th second ? at 14 th second the browser is launched or displayed in the video for the 1st time whichever. At the 20th second we stopped at studio 20 red logo. few seconds later @31 seconds you can clearly see the OS reloading the browser and the browser reloading the website (Blue bar at the top loading). The only reason it was still displaying studio20 with the red logo was because the website was not scrolled down all the way so that few extra lists of jobs could be generated by the website. if this would had happened the chosen jod ad, which was loaded by the website after multiple job list generation, would had not been displayed. even so we could clearly see the browser reloading the website which shouldn't happen with a real time Mobile OS. Also at second 1.16 browser does the same. could I ask kindly an moderator to move posts #2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,13,15 to this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...94/index4.html and I will edit the 1st one. Thank you.
    Last edited by danifulger; 01-26-16 at 09:02 AM. Reason: clearing some things
    01-23-16 07:31 AM
    Well, clearly a class action lawsuit is in order. Get on it OP. Class action lawsuits fix everything.
    Elephant_Canyon and andy957 like this.
    01-23-16 08:33 AM
    all am questioning is why they kept some of the marketing teams while others flew. let's look at the marketing machine apple.
    01-23-16 08:43 AM
    thanks i guess?
    The test doesn't respect the conditions posted in the thread, it was supposed to be scrolled down a few times after the scrolling line was finished as more results were loading. even so we could already see some issues. I guess it was taken on the priv.
    In denial? why does reload the website then @29th second ? at 14 th second the browser is launched or displayed in the video for the 1st time whichever. At the 20th second we stopped at studio 20 red logo. few seconds later @31 seconds you can clearly see the OS reloading the browser and the browser reloading the website (Blue bar at the top loading). The only reason it was still displaying studio20 with the red logo was because the website was not scrolled down all the way so that few extra lists of jobs could be generated by the website. if this would had happened the chosen jod ad, which was loaded by the website after multiple job list generation, would had not been displayed. even so we could clearly see the browser reloading the website which shouldn't happen with a real time Mobile OS. Also at second 1.16 browser does the same. could I ask kindly an moderator to move posts #2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,13,15 to this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...94/index4.html and I will edit the 1st one. Thank you.
    The browser would allow me to continuously scroll, negating having to further select a new numbered page to load. I can post another vid to refute your claims, if you'd like? Also, did you notice I can swipe? Oh, did you see how I swiped up on the Home icon, and Hub opened? Sweet, huh? No, it's not an app I'm using. It's built into the OS I'm using.
    01-23-16 09:53 AM
    BlackBerry's market problems are a result of poor marketing decisions? I think not. First of all, take any iPhone commercial and replace it with a Priv and its apps. It wouldn't work because the Priv isn't designed to look as good nor are the apps as good looking.

Second, the iPhone is marketed heavily by Apple, carriers, and retailers because it pays off with huge sales and high margins. The ad spending is predicated on an expected return. Companies don't spend $100 million on an ad campaign just to see what happens.

I'm sure it's hard to understand why other people don't buy the things that you like, however, it doesn't always mean there is a marketing failure. It's like when people have complaints within an organization the higher-ups aways apologize for a failure in communication rather than to admit that anything is substantially wrong.

At this point, one really has to consider the possibility that BlackBerry hardware and mobile platform has not been successful based on merit.
    01-23-16 10:22 AM
    The browser would allow me to continuously scroll, negating having to further select a new numbered page to load. I can post another vid to refute your claims, if you'd like? Also, did you notice I can swipe? Oh, did you see how I swiped up on the Home icon, and Hub opened? Sweet, huh? No, it's not an app I'm using. It's built into the OS I'm using.
    I believe I know exactly the website myself. Who said anything about a numbered page to load? the reason I selected the website to prove exactly the point is the lack of numbered pages. you must be kidding, you didn't even look at the arguments I was trying to make with seconds to prove everything, but not the topic of this thread anyway. yes it was nice. but you post has nothing to do with what I said quoting seconds and all. what does the hub has to do with what I was saying and the main topic about Androids flawed multitasking if we can call it that? the issue. just please try to open your eyes and look over the video at the seconds and times I was mentioning, even though the test was not right partially because i wasn't explicit enough. if not, your choice.
    regardless of the hub integration....android is the same at its core and you can't do anything about it.
    Last edited by danifulger; 01-23-16 at 11:47 AM.
    01-23-16 11:29 AM
    BlackBerry's market problems are a result of poor marketing decisions? I think not. First of all, take any iPhone commercial and replace it with a Priv and its apps. It wouldn't work because the Priv isn't designed to look as good nor are the apps as good looking.

Second, the iPhone is marketed heavily by Apple, carriers, and retailers because it pays off with huge sales and high margins. The ad spending is predicated on an expected return. Companies don't spend $100 million on an ad campaign just to see what happens.
    is it me or the 1st and 2nd paragraph are contradicting each other?
    "BlackBerry's market problems are a result of poor marketing decisions? I think not."
    "Second, the iPhone is marketed heavily by Apple"
    Thank you.
    01-23-16 11:55 AM
    hey man, look, am not trying to trash your purchase.you got the Priv, am glad for you. it's just that...it's not me...
    01-23-16 12:28 PM

Is this thread about a possibly misbehaving app or global marketing ?

I don't think their marketing has been good but I also don't think it was the main cause of the company's decline. It was just another of a bunch of questionable decisions, timing, etc. that have all contributed.

Having said that, I do think the *global* marketing strategy has been odd to say the least. I am not sure they quite are clear on their path.
    01-23-16 01:59 PM
    is it me or the 1st and 2nd paragraph are contradicting each other?
    "BlackBerry's market problems are a result of poor marketing decisions? I think not."
    "Second, the iPhone is marketed heavily by Apple"
    Thank you.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc
    The post hoc ergo propter hoc (after this therefore because of this) fallacy is based upon the mistaken notion that simply because one thing happens after another, the first event was a cause of the second event. Post hoc reasoning is the basis for many superstitions and erroneous beliefs.
    You're welcome.

A series of focus groups will tell you what products will sell with more marketing and which will not. If your product is only compelling to a niche audience then you focus your advertising on that segment. You don't waste your money trying to win over customers that can't be switched. For example, aspirational marketing won't work if you don't have an aspirational product design.
    Last edited by early2bed; 01-23-16 at 04:45 PM.
    01-23-16 04:31 PM
    Well, clearly a class action lawsuit is in order. Get on it OP. Class action lawsuits fix everything.
    At the rate of people suggesting class action lawsuits in this forum, it is only a matter of time before someone suggests a class action suit against CrackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 07:17 AM
83 123 ...