This is just a bit of fun:

What would be YOUR suggestions for a Kickstarter campaign for BlackBerry? Hardware or software... use your imagination!

I want a tiny media player with no screen but having NFC and WIFI that works with BlackBerry remote file access that I can plug in anywhere and access my media library remotely without a permanent firewall port open.

So you're at a party and their music SUCKS so you plug this thing into the audio in or HDMI in jack on the hosts stereo: you have an app on your BlackBerry handheld, then you enter the hosts WiFi info the app, set up by simply holding the device to your BlackBerry phone: NFC pairs them and sends all the other info like the media players PIN (with security prompts on the screen of the phone) and that way your device already is registered with your BBID so it can get to your media library set up with Link... and you can use the app on your BlackBerry handheld to control what songs are queued up and they all come down via WiFi, not cellular, direct to the device, not through the BlackBerry phone (but the BlackBerry phone is the controller). It could even have a micro SD slot for caching content, but that would be more costly. $99 bucks if possible, or maybe $149. It could get power from a USB port or standard USB power dongle.

Optimized for BlackBerry handheld pairing, but works with BBM BBID / virtual PIN on other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 06-18-15 at 09:55 PM.
    06-18-15 09:42 PM
    Interesting idea going to kickstarter, how about a beast spec all touch device that everyone on here seems to be endlessly whining about. lol
    06-19-15 08:24 AM
    I've always thought someone should do a kickstarter campaign for BlackBerry. For me it would be some music creation app, maybe a synth or drum machine with some hardware to make it equal to a professional device. With a simple UI for ease of use.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 12:01 PM
    A marketing budget

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    06-21-15 12:01 PM
    Might sound crazy but how about a Qwerty PKB for IOS and Android flagship?

Yes Typo took this route. And yes this might give cause for more BlackBerry users to migrate, but the intention of such is to remind users of the convenience and efficiency of the PKB and flip the hype of the VKB, with the objective of converting those all touch users back to Blackberry keyboard as the end game.

The PKB and the OS is bb's strongsuit if Security is not much of a concern for the majority market. They are behind on the all touch game and the app ecosystem, and that leaves the PKB as the factor they still hold strong. But the keyboard is synonymous to old and aged. If the younger consumers get to check out the pros of the PKB then this might shed light to BB's advantages.

But then again this may opt to be too crazy for BlackBerry to pull

BlackBerry PP
    06-21-15 01:46 PM
    Have you all seen this?

Wouldn't it be just awesome if BlackBerry bought the exclusive rights to this and produced their own phones with this technology?

That would have people dropping their iPhones and androids and coming running back to BlackBerry.

Just a thought....

Posted via CB10

Q10 on 10.3.2.2204
    ZedMacahan likes this.
    06-21-15 02:18 PM
    It would be cool if BlackBerry opened up the source code to the keyboards allowing tech companies develop applications to work with it...drones...input to any peripherals via BT or NFC etc

*blank stares*

Posted via CB10 and the BlackBerry Passport
    09-11-15 02:25 PM
    Dumb tablet and dumb terminal.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 07:06 PM
    What about a multimedia navigation smartphone that attaches to car's dashboard?

BlackBerry already has the tecnology for doing this.

Combining QNX technology and software in a Smartphone that attaches with a "click" and detaches when finished, would be a killer BlackBerry.
    Ready in compatibility with the majority of car makers.

Obviously the smartphone's display serves as infotainment display when attached.

____BlackBerry 10 makes me stay___
    09-13-15 07:34 PM
    A "BES12" style integrated home or small office router that automatically backups up phones, enables some sort of secure advanced / protected sharing and BES functionality for smaller environments...

:-)

(QNX based?)

  Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...  
    09-13-15 08:31 PM
    Definitely a router.
    Give qnx away to appliance makers and build and app that tunnels via the NOC to the router to check and command home appliances.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 10:50 PM
    BB10 with full Android app support and Google Play Store. No error messages, no patching apps, no crashes, google services.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 12:13 AM
    The All New BlackBerry LED Thumb Ring. Powered by bluetooth technology connects to any device (BlackBerry, Android, Apple & Microsoft).

Forget about the smartwatch and jump on the LED Smart Ring. Wireless charging with enough battery to last 4-5 days depending on usage.

*For people who need to know when an important message has come in without distracting or disrupting a meeting while wearing your classy Rolex watch at the office.

LED Ring starting to annoy you or others simply rotate it so that the LED is facing downward.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 12:56 AM
    A "BES12" style integrated home or small office router that automatically backups up phones, enables some sort of secure advanced / protected sharing and BES functionality for smaller environments...

:-)

(QNX based?)

  Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...  
    Gr8 idea and I would definitely use that. I think there is real need for something like this for small business owners/consultants.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    11-17-15 08:15 PM
    Gr8 idea and I would definitely use that. I think there is real need for something like this for small business owners/consultants.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    I'd jump on one in a heartbeat... even with Priv and Android, all devices can be supported! :-)

  AC/CB - back in black or highway to mobile h*ll? ;-P  
    skibnik likes this.
    11-19-15 03:08 AM
    I find this thread to be hilarious.

Blackberry is virtually the last company I'd like to invest in.
    11-20-15 11:17 PM
    Maybe BlackBerry crowd funding to make BlackBerry 10 OS available for other manufacturer to produce.

I mean even windows phone os can be present in an htc or samsung phone

 Passport via CB10 || previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    11-27-15 10:16 AM
    A marketing plan which sells devices. Crazy indeed, maybe insanity.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    12-03-15 10:00 PM
    Why kickstart a product? Why not just open up a donation page and ask people to give them money? From the look at some of the responses here I'm sure they would get dollar or two from some people.
    12-07-15 11:05 AM
    Fund to pay off Chen to leave.
    12-07-15 11:13 AM