Well as a technology head of a company and as a corporate analyst, there is an opinion(personal) that blackberry still has juice left with them and infact something which no other company is providing ATM and can do wonders to them. It will not only generate revenue as well as increase their sales of hardware, here is some of my opinion listed below. with ZERO ADVERTISING COST
    1 The only thing bb have right now (apart from its tarnished image) is SECURITY and BES 10 for enterprise, where they not only can manage their devices but android as well as IOS too. here is the catch.
    a) first of all target all the SME, BIG and small organizations for BES at a low price per device. PENETRATE IT FIRST as you have NOC and hardware infrastructure to support that.
    b) Offer organizations FREE BES for BB10 phones (that too in corporate pricing, means 20 percent below market price), and year end upgradation with buyback of old bb10 to new bb10 with 30 percent payback for old devices. this will make them COMPETITIVE WITH PRICING.

so if both of these things happen then they will penetrate and will be competitive since organizations will choose bb over ios or android on any given day if they are getting free BES for those device.

they will earn from more ios and android devices activating on BES since i personally believe BB10 still needs time to polish itself as a competitive OS. they will get the time and money to polish the OS.

NOW how they will earn: they have several ways to earn revenue.

1 from Hardware : example samsung ---- sell more devices in less margin equals to sell less devices with high margin (apple)
    so by selling more hardware with free BES can earn revenue from dying handset business.
    2) corporate BBM enhancements: ex: chat back up, restore, employee management. have to be charged.
    3) activations of IOS and android handsets on BES (monthly basis)

What they will get:

1) Brand recognition: i still remember when i see a CEO walking with bb(2007).. that was my first choice of phone.... every one just want that coz bb was status symbol that time.
    2) in a better position to market their high end and high margin phones to public coz brand recognition will start again.

3) brand positioning.) developers will start to join the fun when they see a demand of bb.

AT last: BB with awesome keypad experience.... everywhere.....

sorry for my bad english...... contribute ur opinions guys.. lets kevin know about that.. hope mgt will like the idea. thx for reading.... cheers.
    12-20-13 02:39 PM
    Perhaps an email to Mr. Chen conveying that information is in order?
    tabish4u likes this.
    12-20-13 03:12 PM
    Perhaps an email to Mr. Chen conveying that information is in order?
    i dont have his email id
    12-20-13 03:16 PM
    I'd try [email protected]

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 05:39 PM
    I'd try [email protected]

Posted via CB10
    I will put it as [email protected]. tried n failed...
    12-20-13 05:42 PM
    I'm afraid to say this is a long shot. Just as an example, I work for a company with approx 45,000 employees. We've just put out a moratorium on buying new BB devices. The decision is being made to switch to either IOS or Android. Granted, many employees don't have BB's, but regardless this will still be a hit to BB. I'm sure we're not the only company thinking this as well.
    12-24-13 12:25 PM