Some of you may heard of Steve Job's secretive email to whom he labeled the "Top 100".

Email Reveals Steve Jobs's Secret Plans - Business Insider

I'm not an Apple fan but I've always respected Job's leadership style. Truth be told Apple is still only surviving off of the foundation laid down by Jobs. There has been no advancement in innovation, no hype, nothing. This is probably why Android is slowly eating away at them.

I say all of this to state the BlackBerry had all the momentum and the tools to run the show but **** poor leadership is what got us here. Mr. Chen I will say is doing his best (compared to his predecessors) and he seems to have some sort of plan. My only gripe is sometimes the cookie cutter CEOs seem to all follow the same old passive nonchalant methodology and honestly it never works. Steve Jobs was successful because he was unconventional, had no mold and his optimism was almost contagious.

As a diehard BlackBerry fan I will admit my bias. I am a tech head and it infuriates me because I know BlackBerry 10 blows all the competitors out of the water but for whatever reason we are unable to communicate this to the masses. When a thing this like this happens it is because of one reason only...Leadership.

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    04-05-14 01:47 PM
    Blackberry/RIM barely made their radar. . .
    04-05-14 02:56 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is indeed awesome, and possibly the best. It is definitely new, and new, like Barney said, is always better.
    BB10 is like iOS, unique in it's own way and doesn't really need to compete spec wise.
    The problem is indeed delivering this information to the masses. If you go on YouTube and type blackberry 10, you will find videos, but very few of them are actually interesting or informative. Comparison videos usually compare between iPhone and Samsung android devices against some other phone.
    Yet on a lot of good blackberry videos, majority of people that watch it will say that they want bb10 device now.
    Commercials are lacking as well, but not a big deal, Tesla is the same way, yet it's kicking all competition to the curb. There are however commercial like videos made by users, I'm sure that helped.

So I think if we were to make comparison videos, a lot of them, between popular devices and bb10, then it would be noticed.

Another problem though is that when you come to the major carrier stores, the chances of you noticing or being told about BlackBerry device are like one in a million.

If I were less tech savvy and were to look for a smartphone to purchase, I'd go to any major carrier, not a pay as you go service. Okay, after that I would want to get a cheap device that is easy to use and will help with daily life. I'd probably know about an iPhone or a Samsung galaxy device. That is where the problem is. People just not aware of the bb10 device.
    Lack of marketing, lack of users, which leads to less marketing and leads to less users.
    Basically it is probably all up to us, more loyal, hardcore, users. We have to go out, make funny videos, show people the technology and so on and so forth.
    Anyway common sense and a bit difficult to do.
    Look at windows phone. They may not have the top share, but they are definitely known. The only problem is their OS is not all that revolutionary and devices are just eh okay looking, even though they are of quality build. If we could do something like what windows did, by comparing how quick you can do things compare to android or iPhone.
    The next thing would be to show that BlackBerry does have a ton of apps, and can play ingress as well. That is in my opinion why windows phone not taking off, lack of apps, and even though their market has grown, no one is talking about these apps.
    People don't realize that they can take awesome pictures with 41mpx camera and post them on instagram or facebook, or even Google plus.

Anyway, we have to put an effort, and I think BlackBerry will get better. Unfortunately we won't be getting paid for any marketing users do, but if us, users, want to help BlackBerry, that's what we will have to do.

This is just my opinion, so I could be wrong on the whole marketing thing. Just throwing opinion around lol.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-05-14 06:55 PM
    Why would you admire a liar, a manipulator, and a thief that's already dead?
    pystha likes this.
    04-05-14 10:04 PM
    Try some other day ****-head! Get a life and start respecting people..
    04-05-14 10:11 PM
    We're all in the same boat! Never told a lie? Never twisted a statement for your own benefit? Never took anything that wasn't yours? We're told otherwise :

------

... Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

****For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;****

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
    - Romans 3:22,23,24 (KJV)

Shared from e-Mmanuel Bible Reader for BlackBerry 10

-----------

God have mercy on him and all of us.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    04-09-14 08:49 PM
    Try some other day ****-head! Get a life and start respecting people..
    I asked a question. None of your ad hominem nor your attitude makes me respect a person who I view him as of (a thief, a liar and a manipulator) deserves any more respect, pre nor post of your rant.

Have you even bothered to figure out that the question was not directed to you nor was your off till pic reply even fits in?

We're all in the same boat! Never told a lie? Never twisted a statement for your own benefit? Never took anything that wasn't yours? We're told otherwise :

------

... Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

****For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;****

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
    - Romans 3:22,23,24 (KJV)

Shared from e-Mmanuel Bible Reader for BlackBerry 10

-----------

God have mercy on him and all of us.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    Good. Religion does not teach me to sugarcoat a view of a person, even if religion taught me to look at a person's good points, and be more thoughtful of that over his weaknesses.

In this case I still have the right to see him the way I do, and I have asked a proper question, even if I do not see the dead man as a man of good standing.

Posted via CB on BB10
    04-11-14 08:46 PM
    One does not have to admire or respect a person in order to admire or respect their accomplishments and/or beliefs. I feel that way about the more famous Kennedys and MLK, for example.

As for Jobs, it does appear that he did eventually grow up and change for the better. That is an excellent accomplishment for any person.
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-12-14 01:32 PM
    I agree... you can not just thrive with good tech, you have to carefully create the right hype machine.
    04-12-14 04:49 PM
    One does not have to admire or respect a person in order to admire or respect their accomplishments and/or beliefs. I feel that way about the more famous Kennedys and MLK, for example.

As for Jobs, it does appear that he did eventually grow up and change for the better. That is an excellent accomplishment for any person.
    I think both are different. Admiring a person and admiring a feat are two different things.

But I did not lump both into a single equation.

Posted via CB on BB10
    04-12-14 06:01 PM