I don't think Blackberry android combination is not a big success as expected. The market for these mobiles is shrinking rapidly. Do any of you guys see see light at the end of tunnel?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 04:16 AM
    Yes I see the light 💡
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry android's future-1465638999807.jpg  
    sergio_can likes this.
    06-11-16 04:57 AM
    But I don't see a tunnel at all.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 10:45 AM
    I didn't think the BlackBerry/Android connection would be a success. BB, IMO, has too much going against it to play in that space.
    06-11-16 11:20 AM
    They do show the Priv, and they do still sell the Passports and Classics online, but you have to know they exist yourself. After all that hoopla having to make the corners different for atnt. I personally agree BlackBerry and android dont mix. It's not a level playing field out there.

I am editing my post to say I was talking about atnt and think some of my post isn't present. atnt is displaying the priv but not the Classic or the Passport, but told me they can be ordered online.
    Last edited by to boldly go; 06-15-16 at 12:11 AM.
    06-11-16 11:24 AM
    They do show the Priv, and they do still sell the Passports and Classics online, but you have to know they exist yourself. After all that hoopla having to make the corners different for atnt. I personally agree BlackBerry and android dont mix. It's not a level playing field out there.
    But at one time the field favored BlackBerry....

The PRIV pretty much ended BlackBerry as a consumer product. Think Chen is planning on seeing if he can do better with midgrade phone (a la Classic and Leap all over again). But yeah even that is long shot... I expet Chen even knows this. But if he can make a few $100 million for another year off of hardware and come close to break even, it will be worth it. It's a chance he has to take!

Even if the Android/BlackBerry team up is successful or if it fails... won't change the situation with BB10.
    06-14-16 02:38 PM
    Do any of you guys see see light at the end of tunnel?
    Posted via CB10
    Sounds like the last thing people see when they die.....lol

Nah, I don't feel blackberry can make a difference out of the pack. Now you see blackberry launcher/keyboard apk leaked out. The half-decent Hub apk seems also around....so what's left exclusive to Blackberry Android device other than PKB?

The Best position Blackberry can dream to be maybe I think is a SONY-wannabe, they just have too little resources to fight and too slow to react to the trend.
    DrBoomBotz and JeepBB like this.
    06-14-16 09:21 PM
    Don't know why the even tried. It's very competitive, expensive devices have expensive components, not a whole lot of margins even for Samsung. Bbry came with the priv, underspecd & overpriced. New devices looking the same way, mid range blows, no money to be made unless you move high volume.
    Time to get out of devices for good and put the best effort on what you are good at.
    07-23-16 08:34 PM
    There is a big assumption here that BlackBerry has the goal of selling way more devices on the BlackBerry / Android OS than they were selling on BB10. For sure, they would like to. No arguments there. But I really don't believe for a second that they were expecting the Priv to be a complete home run. They were looking for a base hit.

Running Android on their devices, means far less expense of further developing and maintaining their own OS. Google takes care of the bulk of this now at no expense to BlackBerry. And, now it also would seem that they are further removing themselves from the manufacturing expenses as well.

If you really look at the big picture, I find it hard to see BlackBerry as trying to be competitive with the likes of Samsung or Apple. They are really just trying to keep their hardware out there as a placeholder to see that they still exist, and also provide end to end security solutions for the customers who are actually concerned with that sort of thing (the very small few).

BlackBerry has found a way to stay in the game. It isn't necessarily the move that many here were hoping for them to make but it's the smarter one. They are still relevant and they are still in the hardware business. They are no longer a major player in said hardware business though and there is a high likelihood that they never will be again.
    07-23-16 09:00 PM
    The target for DTEK50 is not for average consumers. Their aim is at big corporates and governments. The other two devices however may be targeted at average consumers, which explains why the Argon is so beefed up compared to the DTEK and the Mercury. In other words, there's still some hope!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 12:30 AM
    The only non-niche products that Blackberry launched in the last decade were the Z10 and the Z30. Why did they fail?

Z10 was too late with BB10 against Android and iOS.

Z30 launch has half backed and honestly destroyed by the terrible announcement of putting the company on sale. And it inherited Z10 reputation.

The DTEK 50 is finally a product the market is waiting for. Blackberry + Android + simple design + nice price. That's what people buy these days. That's the only Blackberry device launched in recent years that has a chance. Let's see how it fares.
    07-31-16 10:21 AM
    BlackBerry is no longer making phones for the consumer market. Their target is Government and regulated industries (BB10), and the enterprise sector (Android). If their devices appeal to the consumer market that will be an added advantage.

Long Live BB10!
    08-02-16 04:58 AM
    Here is the reality. Blackberry is done as a hardware provider. In the mainstream at least. No one cares about security. Even though you see Samsung (today) market there iris eye scanner security they can afford to do that because they have weight in the industry. The mass market consumer will by a note 7 because of everything else and see the eye scanner as a cool new feature. Look what my phone can do that yours can't. It is getting ridiculous and a waste of money in my opinion. Blackberry is not a name anyone cares about in the mass market looking for a new phone. They are just done. Now they maybe can sell some to government in some form they might care about the security and what Blackberry is selling. In my opinion blackberry pkb is what set them apart and is what they should be marketing more than the security aspect of their phones. There is no coming back for BlackBerry their time is done as a name in the hardware business. I'm talking mass market taking on Samsung and Apple. I personally just see them wasting money in putting out new phones the best they can try to do is form a real partnership with someone. Even that would be a stretch. I do feel like if blackberry made this move years ago they would have had success. Not now as a last ditch no one will support BlackBerry 10 with apps so this is the only solution.

Productivity via THE PRIV
    08-02-16 01:37 PM
    Never! It's just one of those sheep's in the herd. Nothing different. Except for security which none cares about. We are the only few people in here who really care about privacy and security in our devices. The rest all cares about the performance and specifications. That's all.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 04:23 AM