Hi,

I am thinking of a good idea here, instead of just apps or certain services to have subscription, why not make the whole BlackBerry 10 OS to have subscription?

I am willing to pay for a certain amount of fees yearly or even monthly and keep BlackBerry 10 alive.

BlackBerry can even go with Android and explore the Android market, while keeping BlackBerry 10 development.

Posted via CB10
    jeanholton1 and troubl3dman like this.
    10-12-15 10:47 AM
    No.
    10-12-15 10:48 AM
    Reason being is that I am still loving my BlackBerry 10, even though it doesn't have lots of updated apps. I just simply like its simplicity and productivity.

Swipe gesture, swipe keyboard, hub, sideload apk, having the control to turn off mobile network and run on wifi only, the BlackBerry blend..... I can't find this on any Android phone at all!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and brian4591 like this.
    10-12-15 10:51 AM
    Why? It won't work?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 10:51 AM
    No.
    Why?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 10:53 AM
    I find myself thinking.... "hmm, first BlackBerry subscription I would actually pay for"
    S Valmont likes this.
    10-12-15 10:55 AM
    Why?

Posted via CB10
    Because the cost of developing, maintaining, and supporting a modern OS is astronomical, and with so few users, the subscription fee would be crazy-high. Would you pay $50-$150 a month?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Reason being is that I am still loving my BlackBerry 10, even though it doesn't have lots of updated apps. I just simply like its simplicity and productivity.

Swipe gesture, swipe keyboard, hub, sideload apk, having the control to turn off mobile network and run on wifi only, the BlackBerry blend..... I can't find this on any Android phone at all!

Posted via CB10
    If that's all you want, your phone is still usable even if BlackBerry stop supported the OS.
    Batibreaker likes this.
    Guys guys guys since the beginning of time Macintosh has never had anywhere near as many apps as Windows and the minority who love and use Macintosh have never stopped using Macintosh and so it goes. Lack of apps has never been a big deal, this is all just hype.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 10:59 AM
    If that's all you want, your phone is still usable even if BlackBerry stop supported the OS.
    But what if bugs occurred? No one will fix and enhance it.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 11:01 AM
    Because the cost of developing, maintaining, and supporting a modern OS is astronomical, and with so few users, the subscription fee would be crazy-high. Would you pay $50-$150 a month?

See if they could balance things out. Maybe a 10 USD per month. I felt that it is reasonable.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 11:02 AM
    Lack of apps has never been a big deal, this is all just hype.
    I'm not an app freak, but I thought it might be interesting to try Uber for the first time and guess what - the app is nowhere to be found for my 10.3.2 Z10 in either the BB store or Amazon.

It's at least a medium deal.
    10-12-15 11:03 AM
    See if they could balance things out. Maybe a 10 USD per month. I felt that it is reasonable.

Posted via CB10
    You would need 5-10 times the BB10 users to make that number work. That will never happen.

10-12-15 11:03 AM
    Guys guys guys since the beginning of time Macintosh has never had anywhere near as many apps as Windows and the minority who love and use Macintosh have never stopped using Macintosh and so it goes. Lack of apps has never been a big deal, this is all just hype.

Posted via CB10
    Chen seems to going to kill BlackBerry 10! We want to hold on forever on this QNX BlackBerry 10 platform!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 11:04 AM
    No. I'm not paying monthly for an OS.

Does it come with free devices? Can I upgrade every 6months to a year for a new device? Does it also cover my monthly carrier fees?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    diegonei likes this.
    10-12-15 11:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    It seems like Chen is going to kill BlackBerry 10. We want to hold on to this QNX RTOS BlackBerry 10 platform forever!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 11:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    If there was no Adobe suite for Mac and no Office for Mac, the Mac would have died many years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-12-15 11:08 AM
    If there was no Adobe suite for Mac and no Office for Mac, the Mac would have died many years ago.

I think it is the hub, the BlackBerry blend, the Android runtime & the swipe keyboard, PKB, paratek antenna, BlackBerry natural sound & also the security features are keeping BlackBerry 10 alive...

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 11:26 AM
    No. I'm not paying monthly for an OS.

Does it come with free devices? Can I upgrade every 6months to a year for a new device? Does it also cover my monthly carrier fees?

That's actually a good idea! Just like these "iPhone forever deals" you pay a monthly fee and they give you every new version iPhone. Blackberry manages to save hardware with android they could use existing hardware and basically users pay monthly for the device and OS.

Honestly though I don't think they will last long enough to do anything like this. Blackberry really needs to drop hardware completely since its the one thing they do that EVERYONE can do. Keep OS10 and license out to all the companies that would love to get away from Android such as Samsung. I don't see the point in keeping Blackberry hardware alive. They own patents still and can let everyone else do the grunt work and stick to what they do best. The only reason you don't see a similar/better keyboard than Blackberry's is because they own the patent and its a very good design.
    10-12-15 11:31 AM
    I think it is the hub, the BlackBerry blend, the Android runtime & the swipe keyboard, PKB, paratek antenna, BlackBerry natural sound & also the security features are keeping BlackBerry 10 alive...
    For some weak definition of "alive."

BB10 devices have a lot of very nice features. If they had developer support, it might have been a success and Chen might not be moving on.

10-12-15 11:50 AM
    They can't give it away but you want them to sell it??

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2514
    kbz1960 and TGR1 like this.
    10-12-15 01:23 PM

Not to mention it's use in the music recording industry.

extisis likes this.
    10-12-15 01:28 PM
    1. I like the no button at all OS. With android or iOS you have the hard Home button. It feels stupid when compared to the seamless no hard button BB 10.

2. BlackBerry will not license the BB 10 because the OS and the software is the very core of BlackBerry, which is security. They would not open this up to outsider. The very same reason apps developers are facing difficulty developing apps for BlackBerry.

SihZou Z10
    Batibreaker likes this.
    10-12-15 01:57 PM
    We're already paying through our noses for bb10 by buying the handsets.

Blackberry price their handsets equivalent to other high end phones, but without the app support that is present on platforms such as ios and android.

Therefore based on the above, all bb10 users by default have already paid the 'premium' for bb10.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    10-12-15 02:03 PM
    1. I like the no button at all OS. With android or iOS you have the hard Home button. It feels stupid when compared to the seamless no hard button BB 10.
    WTH ?

Do you know there is Android devices without hard home button ?
    solitude1984 likes this.
    10-12-15 02:18 PM
118 123 ...