Hi Blackberry,

Please do some advertisement. Make yourself present. Just say "Hey, Im still here".

Posted via CB10
    w_scott likes this.
    08-27-14 09:56 AM
    That cost money...

And they don't really have anything to market right now. Even after the Passport launches, there wouldn't be a reason to do any mass marketing. It's a niche device for CEO's... so only marketing to them would be the best "bang for the buck".
    08-27-14 10:34 AM
    BlackBerry is completely focused on re-establishing itself within the Corporate and Enterprise sector. This does not happen through mass marketing. It occurs through them going to various locations, events and bringing in reps from those organizations to show them the devices, hardware and services.

People really need to get off of this "BlackBerry needs to do marketing" bandwagon. It would be the biggest waste of money at this time for the company. Especially one who is still in the red.
    mspace81 likes this.
    08-27-14 10:41 AM
    BlackBerry is completely focused on re-establishing itself within the Corporate and Enterprise sector. This does not happen through mass marketing. It occurs through them going to various locations, events and bringing in reps from those organizations to show them the devices, hardware and services.

People really need to get off of this "BlackBerry needs to do marketing" bandwagon. It would be the biggest waste of money at this time for the company. Especially one who is still in the red.
    Once cash flow is positive and the company stabilized, they can certainly throw a few bux at consumer / prosumer marketing.

Until then, yeah,... I am growing tired of those "BlackBerry needs to do marketing" posts.

Economically wise decisions are today's requirement, not economic suicide. BB10 launch admittedly was a failure and should not be repeated...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-28-14 06:27 AM
    Once cash flow is positive and the company stabilized, they can certainly throw a few bux at consumer / prosumer marketing.

Until then, yeah,... I am growing tired of those "BlackBerry needs to do marketing" posts.

Economically wise decisions are today's requirement, not economic suicide. BB10 launch admittedly was a failure and should not be repeated...

Well PremWhatsapp I respect you BUT how in the fuk can a company sell a product if 95 percent of the consumer base thinks the said company is no longer in business? The stupid SOB's at BlackBerry are still think the same way they have for years. You want to talk about suicide. Business as usual isn't going to cut it if BlackBerry is going to make it in the hardware market. Just look at there track record. Playbook, no one know that it existed and really still don't even though it's at its end of life. 9930, yes they did market it quite a bit. But the marketed it to the wrong sector of the population. Now we get to BB10. The average person here in the USA has no idea that they have came out with a new OS! BB10 has been out for how friken long? And your saying they don't need to advertise? That is plain BS! BlackBerry is playing the same stupid F'n game, build it and they will come. How can they come if they don't know about it or even trust that there purchase will be there in a year. I'm not saying they should go out and spend billions of dollars on advertising. There are ways to get thing in front of consumers without spending big bucks on it. someone in advertising at BlackBerry needs to get off there lazy, business as usual azzes and do something!
    bblasl likes this.
    08-29-14 05:42 PM
    How do you expect people to find out about BlackBerry's work without advertisements? By word of mouth. BlackBerry NEEDS to advertise. Everyone does. It's pretty stupid to think BlackBerry can be successful without advertisement, you can't wish a company into success. Action is require. That's the harsh truth

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 05:58 PM
    BlackBerry, you wont get anywhere without spending some bucks in marketing....no matter what reason you say, if you want to earn some money with the models you gona release this year, you need to surely advertise on it....al these while what I was hearing was, you are waiting for making the software perfect and also passport to release...just days left for the pp to release...and software is totally cool with 10.3 now...start spending some bucks now, or you wil have to sell the phones you launch now in the next quarter with more less than half price and end up with total loss...

Once ? BLACK ? never BACK !! Q10 is the MaAaaAnNNnN !!
    08-29-14 06:33 PM
    I agree with Azhar and dphjef, hope Blackberry will do marketing. There many ways of marketing that you will not spend millions. Just want to make sure that you will retain your loyal customers and that they will not go away because its also tiring to always defend and explain to someone that you are close already in some part of the world. So pls,your marketing department, make a move, work your mind,move your ****, and go for the gold. Im a loyal blackberry users. It came from my heart.

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff likes this.
    08-29-14 06:48 PM
    I agree with Azhar and dphjef, hope Blackberry will do marketing. There many ways of marketing that you will not spend millions. Just want to make sure that you will retain your loyal customers and that they will not go away because its also tiring to always defend and explain to someone that you are close already in some part of the world. So pls,your marketing department, make a move, work your mind,move your ****, and go for the gold. Im a loyal blackberry users. It came from my heart.

Posted via CB10
    Like like BlackBerry move your azz! That's good! That could be BlackBerries new marketing campaign.
    I am a nobody and will still say the people in marketing aren't doing what they are getting payed for. If I was Chen I would start looking at that Department.
    Last edited by dphjeff; 08-29-14 at 07:33 PM.
    08-29-14 06:57 PM
    Eating lunch with new coworkers when someone brought up BB (wasn't me) and to my surprise, nobody had anything bad to say. And actually, the two iphone users of the group expressed their dislike of their phones and how they miss their BlackBerry's. While the one Android user commented about how she probably wouldn't switch from Android, but says she can't think of anything bad to say about BlackBerry. Said she remember when she used one how it was really durable and had great battery life. The last guy in the group, the one that brought up the topic, has a Z10 and says how he can never go back to iPhone now that he's had the Z10.

Funny thing is, not a single one of them, even the Z10 owner, knew BB was making new phones... The Z10 owner thought the Z10 was their last phone (so he didn't even know about my Q10), and the rest thought they still ran on the same old BB OS. When I showed them the new OS and how it's "modern" like Android or iOS, they all pretty much learned something new right then... I'm pretty sure had the two iphone users known that, they might have bought one instead of their iphones...

But hey, there are some know-it-alls here that say advertising doesn't affect anything. I guess all of the companies spending millions on marketing are not as knowledgeable as these people on this forum...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    BroncoVAL and itsachickthing like this.
    08-29-14 08:48 PM
    Well PremWhatsapp I respect you BUT how in the fuk can a company sell a product if 95 percent of the consumer base thinks the said company is no longer in business? The stupid SOB's at BlackBerry are still think the same way they have for years. You want to talk about suicide. Business as usual isn't going to cut it if BlackBerry is going to make it in the hardware market. Just look at there track record. Playbook, no one know that it existed and really still don't even though it's at its end of life. 9930, yes they did market it quite a bit. But the marketed it to the wrong sector of the population. Now we get to BB10. The average person here in the USA has no idea that they have came out with a new OS! BB10 has been out for how friken long? And your saying they don't need to advertise? That is plain BS! BlackBerry is playing the same stupid F'n game, build it and they will come. How can they come if they don't know about it or even trust that there purchase will be there in a year. I'm not saying they should go out and spend billions of dollars on advertising. There are ways to get thing in front of consumers without spending big bucks on it. someone in advertising at BlackBerry needs to get off there lazy, business as usual azzes and do something!
    Thanks for your input, dphjeff, I fully understand where you're coming from. I'd like to see some marketing, too.

The problem is still apps. You can market all day long, and people will be interested, until they find out
    "...oh, it won't run app X flavour of the day..."
    "...my niche app is NOT supported...?"
    "... what, I can't do... ?"

Once the Android runtime has been verified to work with most mainstream apps and the Amazon app store works, this problem should be pretty much solved. Of course, still no Google services stuff...

I am still of the opinion Chen can and should at least stabilize the company with enterprise sales before throwing any serious dollars at consumer marketing.

I am sure they *will* market the Passport, even in mainstream media. Or the next all-touch killer phone...

So, please, let's wait for at least after the Passport launch before resuming this discussion again...

08-30-14 12:03 AM
    Any ideas for some cheap, grassroots guerilla marketing... ?

Maybe we can start something...

dphjeff likes this.
    08-30-14 12:06 AM
    Today I was using my phone for video recording at my nieces bday and someone approached me and said "Woah that's a BlackBerry? And full touch screen? I thought BlackBerry was out of business?"

The reality is that there are many people out there that think BlackBerry is out of business..and I don't blame them at all!!. People don't hear about BlackBerry anymore due to no advertising and marketing from BlackBerry..and that's a fact.

When I showed the guy the phone..he was so surprised how fluid the OS was and the keyboard and BlackBerry Hub.

Tbh if BlackBerry did great marketing..more people would be buying BlackBerry phones.

Word of mouth can only do so much when so little of the population uses BlackBerry phones (compared to android and ios).

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    Last edited by RafiqK; 08-30-14 at 01:55 AM.
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    08-30-14 12:11 AM
    Let's wait for the PP launch. We'll see how JC will make it happen.

BBQ10
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    08-30-14 12:21 AM
    Any ideas for some cheap, grassroots guerilla marketing... ?

Maybe we can start something...

If someone is good at video editing, they could make "commercials" for the phones on youtube and it can spread that way... I've always imagined one for that Samsung "wallhugger" commercial. I find it funny because they are trying to insult iphone users for having phones with bad battery life. So the end of the commercial shows one girl with an iphone and another with a Samsung Galaxy, the girl with the iphone is like "I have to plug it, are you coming?" and the girl with the Galaxy looks at her phone, switches on their ultra power saving mode, which makes the phone display in black and white and does other things like limits other aspects of the hardware. Sure I get that they wanted to show off their new feature, but what stood out for me the most, is how it's clearly daytime outside, meaning that phone couldn't have been off charge for more than a few hours, yet, it only had 10% battery life left...

So, they are making fun of iphone users when even according to their own commercial, their phone can't go through a single day on one charge without having to use it in that mode?? I've always imagined a BB parody of that commercial, where it begins the same and goes all the way to that part, but instead of 2 girls, there are three. The iphone user says "I need to plug it, you girls coming?" The samsung girl looks at her phone with 10% battery, switches on ultra power saving mode and the screen turns black and white, and responds "No, I'm ok." And the third girl with a BlackBerry Q10 or a Z30 is watching a youtube video, does a half swipe up to see the battery percentage (video continues playing), but it shows "80%" as the battery charge, and she replies "I'm ok too" and swipes her thumb back down to continue watching the video.

No black and white power saving mode necessary...
    08-30-14 01:39 AM
    And since they are unofficial, people should make parody commercials. This is easier than making new commercials. I would love to see one of the Samsung commercial showing off NFC as if it's new technology and someone with an old BB Bold 9900 and Q10 also using the feature, lol.
    08-30-14 01:45 AM
    Thanks for your input, dphjeff, I fully understand where you're coming from. I'd like to see some marketing, too.

The problem is still apps. You can market all day long, and people will be interested, until they find out
    "...oh, it won't run app X flavour of the day..."
    "...my niche app is NOT supported...?"
    "... what, I can't do... ?"

Once the Android runtime has been verified to work with most mainstream apps and the Amazon app store works, this problem should be pretty much solved. Of course, still no Google services stuff...

I am still of the opinion Chen can and should at least stabilize the company with enterprise sales before throwing any serious dollars at consumer marketing.

I am sure they *will* market the Passport, even in mainstream media. Or the next all-touch killer phone...

So, please, let's wait for at least after the Passport launch before resuming this discussion again...

Well I'm just a dumb redneck and we like sayings. So here is one that fit the past few years at BlackBerry.
    You can try to make chicken salad out of chicken chit but in the end it still taste like chit.

Just wonder why they have changed the ingredients.

I also know that you can't eat an elephant in one setting. You have to eat it one bite at a time over time.

So lets wait and see what happens with the Classic and Passport launch.
    08-30-14 02:53 PM
    Well I'm just a dumb redneck and we like sayings. So here is one that fit the past few years at BlackBerry.
    You can try to make chicken salad out of chicken chit but in the end it still taste like chit.

Just wonder why they have changed the ingredients.

I also know that you can't eat an elephant in one setting. You have to eat it one bite at a time over time.

So lets wait and see what happens with the Classic and Passport launch.
    Thanks for keeping it civil. :-)
    Yep, let's wait and see.

dphjeff likes this.
    08-30-14 04:22 PM
    If someone is good at video editing, they could make "commercials" for the phones on youtube and it can spread that way... I've always imagined one for that Samsung "wallhugger" commercial. I find it funny because they are trying to insult iphone users for having phones with bad battery life. So the end of the commercial shows one girl with an iphone and another with a Samsung Galaxy, the girl with the iphone is like "I have to plug it, are you coming?" and the girl with the Galaxy looks at her phone, switches on their ultra power saving mode, which makes the phone display in black and white and does other things like limits other aspects of the hardware. Sure I get that they wanted to show off their new feature, but what stood out for me the most, is how it's clearly daytime outside, meaning that phone couldn't have been off charge for more than a few hours, yet, it only had 10% battery life left...

So, they are making fun of iphone users when even according to their own commercial, their phone can't go through a single day on one charge without having to use it in that mode?? I've always imagined a BB parody of that commercial, where it begins the same and goes all the way to that part, but instead of 2 girls, there are three. The iphone user says "I need to plug it, you girls coming?" The samsung girl looks at her phone with 10% battery, switches on ultra power saving mode and the screen turns black and white, and responds "No, I'm ok." And the third girl with a BlackBerry Q10 or a Z30 is watching a youtube video, does a half swipe up to see the battery percentage (video continues playing), but it shows "80%" as the battery charge, and she replies "I'm ok too" and swipes her thumb back down to continue watching the video.

No black and white power saving mode necessary...
    That's a good one.

So we need three gurlz and the three phones as described.

I wish a had a friend working at a phone shop, and was still at uni.

:-)

08-30-14 04:28 PM
    And since they are unofficial, people should make parody commercials. This is easier than making new commercials. I would love to see one of the Samsung commercial showing off NFC as if it's new technology and someone with an old BB Bold 9900 and Q10 also using the feature, lol.
    Parody commercials. Like J_Caloy who totally "hates" his BlackBerry...

08-30-14 04:29 PM
    Thanks for keeping it civil. :-)
    Yep, let's wait and see.

That's me, mister civil!
    08-30-14 06:36 PM
    Hi Blackberry,

Please do some advertisement. Make yourself present. Just say "Hey, Im still here".

Posted via CB10
    Biggest kind of waste of funds for marketing. They may still be a household name to be remembered but it's not in the positive sense for consumers. Their doing well just fine.

Their better served by marketing to their.business clients and when the press gets something serious of privacy where it affects the banks accounts of tens of.millions of USA citizens as in they can't touch their funds, or move, or deposit or they HAVE NO funds because of privacy or security concerns then and THEN it'll be free press when BlackBerry clients implementing bes+bb10 are not affected then the masses will see.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    08-30-14 07:32 PM
    Biggest kind of waste of funds for marketing. They may still be a household name to be remembered but it's not in the positive sense for consumers. Their doing well just fine.

Their better served by marketing to their.business clients and when the press gets something serious of privacy where it affects the banks accounts of tens of.millions of USA citizens as in they can't touch their funds, or move, or deposit or they HAVE NO funds because of privacy or security concerns then and THEN it'll be free press when BlackBerry clients implementing bes+bb10 are not affected then the masses will see.

Um, if nobody knows they are there, then their devices will be a waste of money. BlackBerry will end up moving to just software, in other words, BES. BlackBerry needs consumers too. Having too much advertisements is a waste of money, but no advertisement a way to kill a company

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 07:56 PM

Looks like chicken salad to me!
    08-30-14 07:59 PM
    The best way to market BlackBerry 10 is to get involved in the prepaid market.

Samsung makes prepaid Galaxy S phones for several Microsoft is selling a ton of Windows phones on AT&T's network and is branching out now that they've acquired Nokia. Even Apple has devices on Virgin, Boost, and Straight Talk.

Prepaid services are the fastest growing market in the US. Why has BBRY refused to put it's hat into the ring? The Z3 would be a good idea for starters. The Z10 has too many battery issues and would be a bad experience. Last thing BlackBerry needs is a bad prepaid launch.

It's not even about making money, it's about exposure. Put a BB10 phone in someone's hand.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 10:07 PM
36 12