I bought my Z10 the first day it was available. The phone is awesome and I have had almost every blackberry before the Z10. I would always defend it infront of my friends thinking the big name apps would for sure be available in blackberry world by the US launch.... so now its been some time and I dont see instagram, snapchat, the chive, netflix etc. comming to blackberry world in the near future.......but bbm will be cross platform soon. So now im close to selling it and switching to samsung. It all comes down to apps, side loading doesn't cut it, someone please give me reasons to stay!!!!!!!!! NEED APPS TO BlackBerry World!!!!!! It will fix everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds pretty simple?????????????????

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 12:33 AM
    Have you tried sideloading apps?
    08-23-13 12:36 AM
    Yes not the same, instagram no longer works (camera compatability issue) tried every method. But anyways I would like to have apps that would notify me when I receive an update/message, sideloaded apps just don't cut it. We shouldn't have to sideload apps, and open them every 20 minutes to check messages or what not. I know its a complete new OS, but in this market, blackberry cant take this long to get apps into blackberry world......they need to aggressively tackle this app problem and throw some money at developers!!!!!! Its just silly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ParmarMania likes this.
    08-23-13 12:40 AM
    You will love the Samsung S4 and you will have BBM. Win win.
    08-23-13 01:55 AM
    As someone who had all the (ok, most of the) Android high end phones, including Samsung Galaxy and HTC, I recommend going for an iPhone. Seriously, you'll be happier off in the long run.

Besides all the technical reasons, if apps are your thing, iPhone is the way to go. They have about the same amount of apps, but iphone apps tend to be of a much higher quality.
    08-23-13 04:09 AM
    Wow, only 4 posts and a long time blackberry user but now all of a sudden instagram and apps are an issue. The apps you mentioned will work sideloaded. Good luck with your decision

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    ibpluto and irweezyy like this.
    08-23-13 05:37 AM
    Wow, only 4 posts and a long time blackberry user but now all of a sudden instagram and apps are an issue. The apps you mentioned will work sideloaded. Good luck with your decision

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    Agreed. Very valid point!

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Z10
    08-23-13 05:42 AM
    Agreed. Very valid point!

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Z10
    Hardly. Sideloading is piracy and a half-baked workaround. Plus the OP's experience is hardly unique -- just because he only has 4 posts doesn't mean he's not a longtime BB user who was expecting that BB10 would bring long missing apps to the platform. There are plenty of us who saw the writing on the wall earlier and bailed.
    08-23-13 07:10 AM
    You will love the Samsung S4 and you will have BBM. Win win.
    If he's going for an android phone he should go with the HTC One over the overhyped S4.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-23-13 07:24 AM
    As someone who had all the (ok, most of the) Android high end phones, including Samsung Galaxy and HTC, I recommend going for an iPhone. Seriously, you'll be happier off in the long run.

Besides all the technical reasons, if apps are your thing, iPhone is the way to go. They have about the same amount of apps, but iphone apps tend to be of a much higher quality.
    I've owned a couple (for their time) higher-end Android devices, including a "pure" Android smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus) and also owned a couple of iPhones, and I concur with CrackedBarry's comment. In fact, I don't intend to buy another Android device ever again.
    08-23-13 07:51 AM
    Im going to see how 10.2 works out... just dont feel comfortable installing a leak. hopefully 10.2 is a game changer.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 10:53 AM
    Who cares about only four posts? The amount of times a person posts means nothing, someone who has 500 posts doesn't mean they're an expert. His point is valid. Contrary to what people on this site think, most people don't sideload.
    JeepBB, MERCDROID, dcrspo and 4 others like this.
    08-23-13 11:03 AM
    I've owned a couple (for their time) higher-end Android devices, including a "pure" Android smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus) and also owned a couple of iPhones, and I concur with CrackedBarry's comment. In fact, I don't intend to buy another Android device ever again.
    I think some people don't want to get iPhone because they don't like the image it portrays (hipster, follower, whatever)

Personally I don't care what other people think of my phone. I just use what I like.
    08-23-13 11:32 AM
    So in 10.2 will it be possible for side loaded apps like instagram and snapchat to notify your phone when not running???

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 06:19 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is new so I would think over time there will be all the apps you ever need some of us just need patience as I don't think apple came out of the gate with that big of amount of apps.

Posted from Q10 from CB10 running 10.2.0.1323 and thanks to the berryleaks team.
    08-23-13 06:24 PM
    I say get rid of your bb10 device (you can always come back whenever the big name apps show up). Bb10 in its current form is nothing more than a beta product.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    w_jjhr5 likes this.
    08-23-13 06:33 PM
    I say get rid of your bb10 device (you can always come back whenever the big name apps show up). Bb10 in its current form is nothing more than a beta product.

Coming from someone who never liked BB10... to me your iPhone is a beta product.

Posted via CB10
    maddie1128 and lynxs_claw like this.
    08-23-13 07:08 PM
    So now im close to selling it and switching to samsung. It all comes down to apps, side loading doesn't cut it, someone please give me reasons to stay!!!!!!!!! NEED APPS TO BlackBerry World!!!!!! It will fix everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds pretty simple?????????????????
    Just sell the thing and move on already. Why on Earth do you need people you do not know and who wouldn't know you from a can of paint to make this decision for you. If you don't like the device, it does not have the apps you feel are important, sell it, recoup as much as you can, buy something different and get on with your day. Hopefully the next device you buy will not have punctuation keys that get stuck
    Crackberrykills and MERCDROID like this.
    08-23-13 07:23 PM
    If he's going for an android phone he should go with the HTC One over the overhyped S4.

Posted via CB10
    That's probably true. Either options are a better one than BB10 anyway. I've personally gone back to a iPhone 5 and love it again.
    08-23-13 09:46 PM
    You shouldn't have bought a BlackBerry 10 device if apps were a huge priority, you should've just gone with the phone that already supported those apps.

I chose to buy a BlackBerry Q10 because I knew I wouldn't miss the apps, and I wanted a full keyboard. If apps are what you wanted, then you should've made a different choice.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10
    08-24-13 01:58 AM
    Coming from someone who never liked BB10... to me your iPhone is a beta product.

Posted via CB10
    I like some of the features, but the overall package is very underwhelming.

08-24-13 07:31 AM

And that, I think, keeps you in step with 99.4% of consumers.
    08-24-13 07:50 AM
    What apps. Really if all it takes its apps in app world we can get 1000 new fart apps and that's more apps.

Poster after poster says apps apps apps but do not say what apps. As a user who doesn't go GA GA for apps I don't see the fuss. So please share with us what apps you would need so that BlackBerry will succeed.

This "must have apps" without saying what ones is BS.

QUOTE=a2323;9054682]I bought my Z10 the first day it was available. The phone is awesome and I have had almost every blackberry before the Z10. I would always defend it infront of my friends thinking the big name apps would for sure be available in blackberry world by the US launch.... so now its been some time and I dont see instagram, snapchat, the chive, netflix etc. comming to blackberry world in the near future.......but bbm will be cross platform soon. So now im close to selling it and switching to samsung. It all comes down to apps, side loading doesn't cut it, someone please give me reasons to stay!!!!!!!!! NEED APPS TO BlackBerry World!!!!!! It will fix everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds pretty simple?????????????????

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    08-24-13 09:34 AM
    the only app i really want BB10 support for is instagram.... how can we have FB but not IG if FB now owns it....i dont see the hold up
    08-24-13 10:57 AM

Ok?? And I've used iOS and Android on the HTC one and it just wasn't as fluid as the Z10... these platforms are only superior with one thing. Apps...

Posted via CB10
    maddie1128 likes this.
    08-24-13 11:34 AM
41 12