I have a Z10. I love it. My third smartphone (all BlackBerry). The problem, however, is BlackBerry does not advertise in the USA. I have seen one other person with a BlackBerry 10 phone and it was on a plane. BlackBerry needs to advertise. Show some cool commercials. BlackBerry just doesn't have the right marketing folks. Spend some of that cash on marketing.

By the way, my wife has an iPhone. I have used it. The Z10 is much better in my opinion. It needs more apps but folks won't rush to develop apps without users, which all ties back to marketing.

Ok. That is off my chest. You all heard it before but it feels good to let loose.

Have a good day.
    08-13-13 10:59 PM
    Yeah, the marketing has been horrific....WORST of any company I can think of....total failure.
    08-13-13 11:07 PM
    Actually, I see BB commercials often. The problem is that BlackBerry is only advertising one phone at a time. They have two new phones, the Z10 & Q10. When the Z10 came out they advertised it often. Then the Q10 was released and they started advertising that and now it's like the Z10 has disappeared. Soon they will cease advertisement on the Q10 and with nothing else in the works BlackBerry will disappear from the minds of consumers. So, yes I agree that BlackBerry needs to be more aggressive. Start advertising the Z10 again, continue with the Q10 and keep the commercials coming until the phones are officially outdated and they have newer models in the works. THEN they need to start advertisement on the new models before they're even released. Get people excited so that they'll be standing in line waiting on launch date. And thank you @bbsc1 for opening the door and allowing me to get that off my chest, lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    08-13-13 11:13 PM
    To make matters worse than no marketing is that people only hear negative news saying BlackBerry is doomed, phones aren't selling, the Hail Mary pass failed, and apps like Instagram and Netflix are never coming. These are the same things they heard before BlackBerry 10 and thus no change in perception. Anything would have been better than ignoring the problem like they have done so far.

What average person thinks : "BlackBerry devices are as bad as they always were. Still requires battery pulls, can't play games, laughable browser. I'm going to play it safe and stick with a phone that blends in."

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 06:21 AM
    But the problem is not enough apps. Most people won't buy to get more sales and then more apps. They just want a phone that has apps at the time they pick that phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 06:26 AM
    There's a very nice "Wage Business" ad in The Economist this week that looks like the one from this CB thread (except the Z10 is on the left in the Economist ad):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-today-831459/

08-14-13 10:22 AM
    What average person thinks : "BlackBerry devices are as bad as they always were. Still requires battery pulls, can't play games, laughable browser. I'm going to play it safe and stick with a phone that blends in."
    So true.

I do see a lot of advertising here near Philadelphia, but none of the ads seem to make it clear that BB10 is a totally new BlackBerry, and not just an improved BBOS device. Many people like to be part of a "revolution," so I wish they'd make their advertisements more inspiring and emotional... the cool new revolutionary OS taking on the iPhone and Android goliaths.

Remember "See why 1984 won't be like 1984?"
    08-14-13 10:38 AM
    They have ads galore in the new York times...have for a few months. I also see ads a lot online, but I think that is more because I Google about BlackBerry a lot more

Biggest problem is the super limited campaign at the at the carrier stores.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 06:27 PM
    I agree, Z10 is the best phone but people don't know it!

Posted via CB10
    anon(2353369) likes this.
    08-15-13 10:01 PM
    The BB Z10 is awesome!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    anon(2353369) likes this.
    08-15-13 11:34 PM
    Guess your don't watch Syfy. Q10 still advertised. What they need is a dual ad to cover both devices.

Posted via CB10 w/ my Q10
    Last edited by traprjohn; 08-16-13 at 01:50 AM.
    08-16-13 12:40 AM