Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I work for a fortune 500 company sorry I won't say who but that's for my protection lol but I was sent to a training class in Hagerstown MD and in part of the class they do a segment of mega companies who fell off of the top do to not keeping up with public demand and of course (RIM) was the Highlight of the presentation! I just thought it was funny that other companies take the time to not only bash RIM but teach in training courses that this company will never recover!

Posted via CB10
    VJMotz and Dave79 like this.
    10-08-13 03:11 PM
    So the Z30 is being release is Australia?
    10-08-13 03:15 PM
    WOW a Fortune 500 company sending folks to a training class in Hagerstown MD is a bit off the beaten path. The only industry nearby is Lenox.
    10-08-13 03:18 PM
    Um...ok

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 03:21 PM
    I work for a fortune 500 company sorry I won't say who but that's for my protection lol but I was sent to a training class in Hagerstown MD and in part of the class they do a segment of mega companies who fell off of the top do to not keeping up with public demand and of course (RIM) was the Highlight of the presentation! I just thought it was funny that other companies take the time to not only bash RIM but teach in training courses that this company will never recover!

Posted via CB10
    Well, yay to you too!!

Now, please remove yourself from these threads.

K, GR8, THANX, BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
    10-08-13 03:25 PM
    Sorry OP....

It's pretty easy to see that RIM/Blackberry is going to be a text book case for a number of reasons.

Engineers don't make good CEO's.
    Founders of company in a market where change is vital, don't make good CEO's
    Having two CEO's is not a good idea
    Not staying current with trends is not a good business move.
    Not planning for the future is not a good business move.
    Laughing at your very successful competition is not a good business move.
    Hiring a new CEO from within is not a good move when one of the major problems is the corporate culture that has developed.
    Not knowing what you are getting into is not a good move - saying you can build a new OS in 18 months and it takes you 3 years, is not knowing what you are doing.
    Not knowing the market - pricing yourself out of sales.
    Not knowing the market - no understanding that without all of the pieces it is useless to launch a new platform.

There will be a number of articles and books written about the fall.....
    bbq10l likes this.
    10-08-13 03:26 PM
    Well I'm familiar with Hagerstown and it's a sleepy little town. With DC and Baltimore so close by I'm surprised at the choice. What did you DO when class ended????? The place is very quiet....it's like going to a conference in Baker NV as opposed to Vegas....
    10-08-13 03:27 PM
    Was the presentation put together by a bunch of grad students based on their own speculation?
    10-08-13 03:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Isn't RIM long gone? Last time I checked BlackBerry is the new name....

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    10-08-13 03:36 PM
    I just thought it was funny that other companies take the time to not only bash RIM but teach in training courses that this company will never recover!
    Ehhh... those who had faith in RIM are the minority and not the majority. From my observation, RIM is among one of the worst run companies ever; so, of course, it will inevitably become a case study.

What makes RIM particularly notable is not so much the magnitude of the mistakes it made so much as the volume and variety of mistakes it made.

I cannot characterize a single thing management did "right" in years. What more, Blackberry is unusually "creative" with the type of mistakes it makes. Blackberry makes mistakes no one would think possible like the completely unsynchronized BB10 global launch.

Right now, RIM's latest "creative" stumble is its campaign to sell itself. This includes nothing less than elaborate ploys such as false bids, leaking rumors, etc. It will be entertaining to see the conclusion.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 10-08-13 at 03:55 PM.
    10-08-13 03:41 PM
    Ehhh... those who had faith in RIM are the minority and not the majority.

From my observation, RIM is definitely among one of the worst run companies ever; so, of course, it will inevitably become a case study. What makes RIM particularly notable is not so much the magnitude of the mistakes it made so much as the volume and variety of mistakes it made.

RIM does something "wrong", like the BBM launch, on the daily. I cannot characterize a single thing Heins did "right" and this has been going on for years. (I used to think Heins at least conserved cash; but, after the write down... Nope.)

It will be interesting to watch RIM sell itself.
    Anyone with a cursory glance at the media and enthusiast tech sites would have said as much. I hope the training provided deeper insight, context, and content.
    TioPepe78 and jay_men like this.
    10-08-13 03:46 PM
    They should have sent you to grammar school. It sounds like your fortune 500 company may have over paid for this training They predict the future for what it is worth and info on the downfall of RIM is widely available. Nice work if you can get it.
    10-08-13 04:05 PM
    I see your point OP, but that's the benefit of hindsight being 20/20....makes anyone an arm chair expert of how not to do things. Fortune 500 companies like the big banks, automotive, insurance companies all had their growing pains. Need I point out the financial collapse just a few short years ago? Big three automakers almost shutting down themselves because their cars were perceived to be inferior to imports? Businesses have such memories don't they? "They show up wearing white when everyone knows that's the last colour they should be sporting".

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 05:04 PM
    I think that BlackBerry "formerly known as RIM" is the perfect example of how a mega company becomes complacent and falls from grace. Whether it recovers or not remains to be seen, but I have faith that they can pull a resurrection off and prove all the naysayers wrong.
    10-08-13 09:57 PM
    This unfortunate story will be discussed in business classes for years to come! It's an amazing, and very sad story.

Apple is hiring.....
    Apple throws recruitment party for BlackBerry employees - Oct. 11, 2013
    10-11-13 09:12 PM