We all know that Blackberry's cams are not among the best in the market... their reviews at best are a humble: OK. I like photography, and I love Blackberry to the extent that I prefer keeping a semi-pro cam in my car rather than getting the Monster 41MP Nokia PureView Lumia 1020 or the latest Sony Flagships or Nokia flagships that most new ones are equipped with 20+ MP Rear cameras, while my BBRY Q10 stands modestly at... 8MP.

I know Blackberry was never about photography and it's just for lately that the devices even started having front facing cameras, but that's not a reason for not giving the issue some interest. My suggestion is, while Nokia works with Carl Zeiss and Sony already have cameras department and it's heavily investing it in their phones (and to a certain extent Samsung) why can't BlackBerry just make a deal with a respected camera maker like Nikon, Canon or Polaroid and let them start equipping it's devices with respectable double digit MP cameras and why not equip the front facing cameras with 5+ MP cam as well (since selfie and audio conference are in the rage).

What do u guys think? Is it time for Blackberry to catch up with the cam battle?

Posted via my Q10/Playbook/Curve
    SDTRMG likes this.
    01-26-14 10:21 AM
    I think the cameras are fine on BlackBerry's but that's my opinion, BlackBerry's are not made for the camera but I still think they got a pretty good camera on them.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 10:25 AM
    I definitely think BB should do exactly what you said. And why aren't they already?? If BB 10 phones had better cameras, they probably would sell faster too! I always wish I had a better camera on my Z10.
    01-26-14 10:26 AM
    I think is a good camera for a phone. I can take very decent pictures with it. Especially using the 1259 camera bar file installed over 1925 OS. That camera file it not allows you to take a picture out of focus. Also has face detection. If you are not happy with the quality then you need a professional camera

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    01-26-14 10:32 AM
    Ya, the Z10 should have had a 12MP camera. I don't mind if they are a little behind but it sucks when they are far behind. The next Z10 model should have a 20MP camera, which would be a strong leap forward. I vote for a Canon lens.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 10:34 AM
    I think is a good camera for a phone. I can take very decent pictures with it. Especially using the 1259 camera bar file installed over 1925 OS. That camera file it not allows you to take a picture out of focus. Also has face detection. If you are not happy with the quality then you need a professional camera

I already have a Nikon with me for more professional shots. But my point is we cannot ignore the importance of camera specs anymore and the fact that camera phones are winning ground in the interest of consumers

01-26-14 11:55 AM
    I already have a Nikon with me for more professional shots. But my point is we cannot ignore the importance of camera specs anymore and the fact that camera phones are winning ground in the interest of consumers

Seems you are much more in to taking very HQ pictures then me. I have a Sony 12Mp camera and is set to take 3Mp pictures. I don't make big prints so I don't need pictures with a lot of Mp. On the computer screen where usually I look at my vacation pictures 3Mp are enough for me ,they don't look different then 12Mp. Also if I want to email pictures is so much easier to bundle them and send. I get what you want. You will like to not have to carry the Nikon camera with you

01-27-14 09:44 AM
    Seems you are much more in to taking very HQ pictures then me. I have a Sony 12Mp camera and is set to take 3Mp pictures. I don't make big prints so I don't need pictures with a lot of Mp. On the computer screen where usually I look at my vacation pictures 3Mp are enough for me ,they don't look different then 12Mp. Also if I want to email pictures is so much easier to bundle them and send. I get what you want. You will like to not have to carry the Nikon camera with you

You are right 3-5 MP are enough for a smartphone or any picture not to print. But I mean they should work more on camera settings, lenses, etc...

01-27-14 01:28 PM
    I would like BlackBerry to team up with an established camera maker . For example Canon , Nikon or Fuji.
    01-27-14 09:03 PM
    I think that would be a good idea plus I believe whoever does the camera software should be fired and replaced.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    01-28-14 01:49 AM
    Just a reminder, the iPhone 5s: 8MP, and it's supposedly one of the best cameras out there.

High megapixel count dilutes a photo, because of sensor sensitivity, less light exposure per pixel. Maybe someone finds a better wording for that thought, but you get want I mean.

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    01-31-14 03:02 PM
    They should have better cameras. I'm all for something in general just getting better, and if there are better hardware cameras out there, then sure, why not.

However, I find it hilarious how people who spend hundreds on a new phone and how they ALWAYS brag about the phone's camera and super-duper mega pixels... yet all they use the camera for is posting pictures to Instagram with filters. LOL
    01-31-14 03:48 PM
    I'm all for better lenses and software. But all you ppl calling for more mega pixels are crazy.

I'm an amateur hobby photographer, and my main camera (Canon) shoots at 18.1 MP.

RAW format pics are ~ 20 MB, JPEGS are 5+ MB. Not necessary for a phone! None of us are going to take a pic with our phone and blow it up bigger than 20' x 30'.

I use my phone to take a few random shots for posting on FB or sending to family etc. 8 MP is plenty. I want to be able to store more than a few at a time!

Give me a better lens with more aperture control, faster focus, optical zoom, and software that let's me control it all the way I want.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 03:59 PM