I posted a similar thread in the BBM section but realised it was more relevant here, mods can shut down the other one

Self explanatory but reasoning is that as a separate app it can not only grow into its own, encouraging more use and a higher rate of engagement and group discovery but it could lead to another revenue stream

The more I think about it the more I see how well it could work, yes one of the great things about bbm is how things work well together and how things fit together but if you look at snapchat instagram, vine, twitter etc, they've excelled because they've built features around one specific tool (videos, pictures ,status updates) rather than trying to bring together multiple tools (FB)

BBM Groups as an app could still integrate with BBM, but as a separate app it would have space to be it's own thing..

Any takers?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    03-04-14 10:43 AM
    I posted a similar thread in the BBM section but realised it was more relevant here, mods can shut down the other one

Self explanatory but reasoning is that as a separate app it can not only grow into its own, encouraging more use and a higher rate of engagement and group discovery but it could lead to another revenue stream

The more I think about it the more I see how well it could work, yes one of the great things about bbm is how things work well together and how things fit together but if you look at snapchat instagram, vine, twitter etc, they've excelled because they've built features around one specific tool (videos, pictures ,status updates) rather than trying to bring together multiple tools (FB)

BBM Groups as an app could still integrate with BBM, but as a separate app it would have space to be it's own thing..

Any takers?

TechCraze C0008DDD1

It has to stay together until there are way more users of BBM i'd think.

using your exmaples of instagram and twitter.... how often do you think people would send direct messages on either of them if it was in a completely separate app? BBM is doing the exact opposite, trying to keep it all within BBM as one experience.
    03-04-14 11:47 AM

Any takers?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    I think a more accurate comparison is fb and fb messages, bbm would still have multiperson chat, but group by itself has so many uses I think separating it would grow the BlackBerry user base

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    03-04-14 12:10 PM
    I still think this, now more than ever

Check Out TechCraze
    03-16-15 08:00 AM