That's the beauty about this. The bank don't have to invest millions to support this programme and to set up the infrastructure for it. If you are talking about Apple Pay and Android Pay yes they have to.

Posted via CB10
    It is very clear that you have no idea how Apple/Android Pay works.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-27-16 07:29 PM
    May be they should try offering blackberry virtual keyboard on play store with some price tag. I'm sure many will purchase it.
    06-27-16 07:47 PM
    May be they should try offering blackberry virtual keyboard on play store with some price tag. I'm sure many will purchase it.
    Except bb virtual keyboard is based from Swiftkey VKB that BB partnered with. And Swiftkey is offering their VKB for free in the Google Playstore and is one of the most popular 3rd party VKB in the android ecosystem. So why would people buy BB's vkb when they can just download Swiftkey's.
    Last edited by Ronindan; 06-28-16 at 08:52 AM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-28-16 06:59 AM
    It is very clear that you have no idea how Apple/Android Pay works.
    What OP still doesn't understand after 200 comments, none of them agreeing with him, is that Apple Pay is doing basically exactly what he wants BB to do, but with better execution and implementation.

He also doesn't understand that Apple and Google uses the existent Visa and Mastercard contactless infrastructure, same thing that he said should give BB an edge.
    06-28-16 07:47 AM
    This is far too logical logistical for this thread.

Posted via CB10
    FTFY!
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-28-16 10:25 AM
    What OP still doesn't understand after 200 comments, none of them agreeing with him, is that Apple Pay is doing basically exactly what he wants BB to do, but with better execution and implementation.

He also doesn't understand that Apple and Google uses the existent Visa and Mastercard contactless infrastructure, same thing that he said should give BB an edge.
    I couldn't get him to understand that here in the UK contactless payment is pretty much everywhere - my android pay uses that infrastructure with no issues - it's a 30 second set-up. There is no gap in the market for BBRY to exploit here with a rival system.
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    06-29-16 06:59 PM
    I couldn't get him to understand that here in the UK contactless payment is pretty much everywhere - my android pay uses that infrastructure with no issues - it's a 30 second set-up. There is no gap in the market for BBRY to exploit here with a rival system.
    Same here in Canada. And even the US, banks didn't partner with Blackberry to develop their contactless payment network, they partnered with Apple so that they have the most potential client possible.

Who would banks partner with? A phone company that has 40M users in US capable of contactless payment? Or one that has less that 1M users capable of NFC payments... but that you need a special SIM card thus requiring negotiation with each carrier...
    06-29-16 07:16 PM
    Why in the world would any of these companies want to spend money to team up with BlackBerry? For the 0.3% market share?
    Because if BlackBerry get this right and we know they can, BlackBerry would go ballistic. It's the main thing that keeps people away from Blackberry Android, the fact that we do not have Blackberry money available to us certainly not in the UK.
    Last edited by nevilleadaniels; 08-24-18 at 11:44 AM.
    08-24-18 07:17 AM
    Because if BlackBerry get this right and we know they can BlackBerry would go ballistic. It's the main pic thing that keeps people away from Blackberry Android the fact that we do not have Blackberry money available to us certainly not in the UK
    Not buying that argument for a minute.

Now that BB10 is formally end of life, no bank in the world is going to use BB10 as the platform.

That leaves Android.
    Given that the Royal Bank, Canada's leading bank, has standardized on Apple for their employee phones, what are the chances that they would go after something like this?

I would say ZERO.

Your statement about "BlackBerry would go ballistic" just doesn't work - there is NO incentive for a bank to push BB phones - again given the Royal Bank as an example.

As for the statement "it's the main pic (what?) that keeps people away from Blackberry Android the fact that we do not have Blackberry money available" is just not true for the most part.
    I cannot think of a SINGLE person who I know where the availability of a "money" / payment app dictated the decision of which way to go for a phone.

For that matter, I can't think of a single person who uses a payment app. I tried to set up Royal Bank "wallet", but couldn't get it working.

So, the argument just doesn't hold water.
    TGR1 likes this.
    08-24-18 10:57 AM
    Same here in Canada. And even the US, banks didn't partner with Blackberry to develop their contactless payment network, they partnered with Apple so that they have the most potential client possible.

Who would banks partner with? A phone company that has 40M users in US capable of contactless payment? Or one that has less that 1M users capable of NFC payments... but that you need a special SIM card thus requiring negotiation with each carrier...
    Android pay averages in the tens of pounds apple pay averages in the thousands of pounds Samsung pay is taking on the corporates and can be higher than Apple.
    BlackBerry money on the other hand tends to take the directorships and the amount of transactions on blackberry money is more likely to reach millions of dollars per transaction
    08-24-18 11:47 AM
    Android pay averages in the tens of pounds apple pay averages in the thousands of pounds Samsung pay is taking on the corporates and can be higher than Apple.
    BlackBerry money on the other hand tends to take the directorships and the amount of transactions on blackberry money is more likely to reach millions of dollars per transaction
    Do you have any evidence to back that up?
    08-24-18 02:10 PM
    Do you have any evidence to back that up?
    Of course not, because it's a completely made-up fantasy.
    08-24-18 04:51 PM
237 ... 8910