BB marketing guys! I hope this catches your attention

Okay clearly BB and Chen are not spending a lot on marketing because they just don't need to as they are aiming enterprise, but I will tell you this, Passport is gaining a lot of momentum on the ground and You need to use this momentum as Samsung did with it's Galaxy devices.

A simple marketing catch: 'is that a Blackberry?' - this is all you need, everyone knows BB and have that deep desire for the under dog, and a quick show off on the work wide idea already being pushed. IT works perfectly!

People are digging the new concept, not another android shape.. this is the chance to make it or loose it simple..
    09-29-14 11:13 AM
    I think you're onto something there.
    kb1234, blusls, pre456 and 4 others like this.
    09-29-14 11:16 AM
    I think you're onto something there.
    I am very confident in the approach, as I was invested in the Samsung idea before as well when they pushed "The next big thing is already here"... they made it stick world wide! almost 300-400 Million in Ad's alone but see where it got them..

I have been stopped countless times in past couple days and people asking about the phone... "is that a blackberry?" wow"
    09-29-14 11:28 AM

Okay clearly BB and Chen are not spending a lot on marketing because they just don't need to as they are aiming enterprise, but I will tell you this, Passport is gaining a lot of momentum on the ground and You need to use this momentum as Samsung did with it's Galaxy devices.

A simple marketing catch: 'is that a Blackberry?' - this is all you need, everyone knows BB and have that deep desire for the under dog, and a quick show off on the work wide idea already being pushed. IT works perfectly!

People are digging the new concept, not another android shape.. this is the chance to make it or loose it simple..
    I agree they suck on marketing, you have to dig through user experiences to find out that "Paratek" thing exists on Passport too? or does natural sound exist in passport too? you would have no idea if you didn' watched the live event! they don't mention previously introduced capabilities once they release another device! but Samsung keeps saying AMOLED and then AMOLED + and afterwards SUPER AMOLED, SUPER AMOLED +, SUPER AMOLED ++, Kick-*** AMOLED +++...
    what is wrong with BlackBerry? they've got SecuSmart, they've got Paratek Microwave, they've got Natural Sound Technology... but they just keep saying "Security"!!! the only thing that every breathing thing on the earth knows about BlackBerry!
    they have to be self-confident and proud of their unique technologies!
    igor10000, jackbuck93 and JGoodard like this.
    09-29-14 11:31 AM
    They need to hire the outfit that markets Kia cars
    09-29-14 11:35 AM

I love it!

Posted via CB10
    pre456 likes this.
    09-29-14 11:42 AM
    Anyone know how to contact BB marketing? lol I would love to get in touch with them somehow
    09-29-14 01:01 PM
    Reminds me of the Buick commercial...

Posted via CB10
    lang007 likes this.
    09-29-14 01:07 PM
    Anyone know how to contact BB marketing? lol I would love to get in touch with them somehow
    [email protected]
    JGoodard likes this.
    09-29-14 01:08 PM
    I agree totally. Every one knows who blackberry was. They think they know who blackberry is. They don't.
    That is why this campaign would be great.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 01:15 PM
    I wish BlackBerry would give fans free Passports (through contests or something) instead of giving them to journalists. Most websites get devices to test then give biased or uninformed reviews as if they didn't even use it, when they could have people that are passionate about their device show off the phone to all their friends and contacts. Word of mouth would do wonders.

There's a lot of forum posts saying that people are intrigued about the device, wonder what it's like, etc simply because they see someone they know using it.

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80, JGoodard and pre456 like this.
    09-29-14 01:16 PM
    Right

Reminds me of the Buick commercial...

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 01:41 PM
    When you really do not care if the everyday Joe buys the phone you will not market.
    09-29-14 01:42 PM
    You can't get in touch with something that does not exist.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:50 PM
    You can't get in touch with something that does not exist.

Posted via CB10
    Hahahaha
    09-29-14 02:57 PM
    Yes BlackBerry do something about it! Every single person who has seen my phone has asked about it and have said it's actually pretty nice! (except girls with tiny hands lol )

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 03:08 PM
    I disagree on not needing much marketing since they are going after corporate. Everyone in a company is still a consumer. Look at Apple - they marketed to consumer first, and those consumers took them to work and they started penetrating the business world. Market to companies, yes, but companies are just made up of consumers at work. Get their attention, show them some unique features. Show them how this new device can make their lives easier. If I see a commercial for Cisco on TV, I don't instantly forget I saw it when I go to work.
    09-29-14 03:21 PM
    I disagree on not needing much marketing since they are going after corporate. Everyone in a company is still a consumer. Look at Apple - they marketed to consumer first, and those consumers took them to work and they started penetrating the business world. Market to companies, yes, but companies are just made up of consumers at work. Get their attention, show them some unique features. Show them how this new device can make their lives easier. If I see a commercial for Cisco on TV, I don't instantly forget I saw it when I go to work.
    I agree with you on that, but the BB was always a enterprise phone, for the corporate world, that's how it leaked out to consumers as well. This is the same thing happening for BB currently, as more and more power users are showing it off as a symbol of BB's return they need to catch the momentum, not wait around as the original founders decided to and let it slip to where it is today.
    09-29-14 03:41 PM
    When you really do not care if the everyday Joe buys the phone you will not market.
    So many places are BYOD that i think this needs to be considered. Only upper staff in the hospital my docs are affiliated with get hospital-supplied devices. Even the docs are BYOD.
    #IsThatABlackBerry?

white Z30 STA100-5
    09-29-14 03:44 PM
    I like the "is that a BlackBerry" slogan, I get that every time I take the passport out in a crowd.

Sent from my awesome passport on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    AnimalPak200 and RodolfoAP like this.
    09-29-14 04:08 PM

Sorry to say this. If you planning bringing everyone to level and beat us up, look for another place! You'll tremendous support!

Addicted to Z30 - 2B631AB7
    09-29-14 04:12 PM
    Uh I don't think u understood me lol. I am a crackberry thru nd thru which is why I shared my opinion..

Btw love it!

#IsThatABlackberry

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 04:35 PM
    There would be an awesome ad for sure. Even if it is still targeted to business users.

A business person walks into a conference room, while others are sitting down,... sits down and takes out the Passport from his/her jacket and places it on the table (as BlackBerry users always do),... others look at it in slight disbelief: "is that a BlackBerry?"

I remember Windows or Hp or both had an ad back in the day for the HP iPAQ in which the business guy walked into the conference room with nothing but the iPAQ, hooked it up to the projector, opened up PowerPoint, etc. And then at the a lady sitting across the conference table asks: "can that thing make calls too?"

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 05:25 PM
    Not only is "Is that a BlackBerry?" a good phrase, but other ones I get a lot are "They still make those?", "BlackBerry makes a touchscreen?", and "So are you going to upgrade to the iPhone 6 from that?"

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Last edited by CarGuy1368; 09-29-14 at 08:21 PM.
    09-29-14 06:38 PM

Totally agree. The Passport has been out and I have yet to see an ad or a mention on TV, radio, paper. Nothing here so far. A lot of people have come up with great slogans here in the forums. BlackBerry should think about hiring or subcontract them to bri.g brand awareness back and turn it into a "popular" phone once again.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 06:58 PM
37 12