This idea just got to me. What if BlackBerry rolls out a subscription to all the BlackBerry 10 users for say $10 a month just like the BIS used to be. This $10 will entitle the subscribers to download all the apps that they will want to use natively.

If that app is not currently available BlackBerry will get one native app for that within 1 month.

However for those people who does not want to subscribe to this service they will still be able to download these apps but for $1 each. Even if this same app is available on Android or iOS for free.

BlackBerry on the other hand can use this subscription to provide a value proposition to the telco's to share a portion of this subscription with them for them. The reason they should share this with them is to ensure that there is for the telco's to help in the collection of the subscription & to provide them an incentive to push the BlackBerry phones out to users.

If BlackBerry were to commit to such a service would you subscribe to it?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 04:49 AM
    Yes, I would without a question.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 04:52 AM
    Yep.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 05:14 AM
    I will post here the same thing I posted in the other thread you opened:

That is highly unrealistic. Some pppular services don't have public APIs to 3rd party developers can't make apps for such services (like netflix for example). Or even banking apps, I can't see banks opening APIs just for BB. Oh and there are apps that are localized to a certain country and/or city.

People seriously underestimate the difficulty and costs of developing apps. if it's such a great idea, why don't you just learn to develop such apps, post them on BBW and earn money? If the demand for BB10 apps is as great as you think it is, you should build some apps, sell them for 1$ each and earn a good profit.
    12-17-15 07:12 AM
    I will post here the same thing I posted in the other thread you opened:

That is highly unrealistic. Some pppular services don't have public APIs to 3rd party developers can't make apps for such services (like netflix for example). Or even banking apps, I can't see banks opening APIs just for BB. Oh and there are apps that are localized to a certain country and/or city.

People seriously underestimate the difficulty and costs of developing apps. if it's such a great idea, why don't you just learn to develop such apps, post them on BBW and earn money? If the demand for BB10 apps is as great as you think it is, you should build some apps, sell them for 1$ each and earn a good profit.
    There are maybe 10-20 BlackBerry 10 devs making a profit, native development and BBW is as dead as a dead thing he deadsville.

Frankly Amazon App store did not help and wish it was removed and nuked from our devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 08:18 AM