people, what we need is the ability to remove amazon app store from our device....why are we being held hostage to this clusterf&@*k of an app??
    There's no need for such melodrama! :-) You could simply - I don't know - not use the app.

It's not as though there aren't other ways to get Android Apps or even non Android Apps running on a BlackBerry 10 device.
    04-14-15 09:23 AM
    As a dev myself, that's how it should be. Testing and support time is limited and you can't force anyone to support everything.
    Therein lies the key issue that I think many don't realize when places like Netflix choose not to "officially" support BlackBerry. Even if the app "works", they have to spend time testing, fixing and supporting, when those resources could be spent elsewhere.

Even though many of us have no problems using Netflix procured from different sources, no doubt Netflix started having installation questions coming into their support line from less technical people when the amazon app store appeared on BlackBerry 10 by default. Tech support questions = tech support costs.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-14-15 09:27 AM
    Picture Netflix as an Arrogant *****. OK

Sexy White Z30....
    04-17-15 11:10 PM
    And the Apple App Store and BlackBerry World as well. I gave my mom my old iPod Touch wiped and suddenly she couldn't download apps that I used to have on it because the developers decided to remove their availability.

Unfortunately, this is a crappy reality of app stores where developers choose which devices their apps are targeted at.
    This is why the so called "App" will hopefully disintegrate out of existence in favor of HTML5 where they will work on all Platforms. This App not supporting this and not supporting that is ridiculous.

Sexy White Z30....
    04-17-15 11:13 PM
    This is why the so called "App" will hopefully disintegrate out of existence in favor of HTML5 where they will work on all Platforms. This App not supporting this and not supporting that is ridiculous.

Sexy White Z30....
    Even with HTML5 apps devs can just select to support whichever devices to support. HTML5 won't solve this issue at all.
    04-18-15 10:25 AM
    Even with HTML5 apps devs can just select to support whichever devices to support. HTML5 won't solve this issue at all.
    Don't bring reality into this, BlackBerry has been pushing HTML5 as the savior so it must be and will make every single app cross platform. Say it to yourself 100 times and you will start to believe it too!

Posted via CB10
    Tatwi likes this.
    04-18-15 10:56 AM
    It's not as though there aren't other ways to get Android Apps or even non Android Apps running on a BlackBerry 10 device.
    Consumers don't want to be bothered with jumping through hoops to get the solution they want. Neither does business.
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    04-22-15 10:35 AM
    Consumers don't want to be bothered with jumping through hoops to get the solution they want. Neither does business.
    Two different points.

I agree, people don't want to jump through hoops to get what they want. But that's not my point. It's pretty easy to simply "not use" the Amazon App Store if so don't like the Amazon App Store.
    04-22-15 10:58 AM
58 123