I nominate Kevin O'leary. After watching a couple of episodes of Shark Tank he seems like a very intelligent individual. Despite the numerous opinions people have on him, I think he emanates the right kind of attitude. He represents professionalism, eagerness, and most importantly, a BUISNESSMAN.

I remember when there was a time where it was unacceptable to have a iPhone because it wasn't as professional as having a BlackBerry. Having a BlackBerry device meant you were a hotshot and important. Although it pains me to say it, most of the people in the Business sector in Toronto are holding iPhones. I believe O'Leary can help re-shape BlackBerry's image, and help get BlackBerry back into "Business peoples" hands.

No doubt he is one of the more well known "Venture Capatlists" and he has dropped few good words on CBC regarding BlackBerry 10. I dont see why this couldn't happen. He went on air saying that BlackBerry 10 was the best piece of technology on the market today. He is also a great speaker and people listen to what he says.

BlackBerry, you said you wanted to rebrand your image, heres your chance. Make something happen. O'Leary is a great focal point, he has many many business connections and in my opinion, represents many aspects of a typical BlackBerry user.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 12:38 AM
    Actually, is the position even needed? It felt to me as if it was created simply to attach a name for publicity's sake.
    01-12-14 07:26 AM
    I agree.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 07:49 AM
    Actually, is the position even needed? It felt to me as if it was created simply to attach a name for publicity's sake.
    People are impressionable. What I mean is, its not "cool" to have a BlackBerry device anymore. I have a BlackBerry and periodically receive comments like, "WHAT your still using a BlackBerry?".

Part of what made BlackBerry so successful in the early 2000 was that it MADE YOU FEEL THAT you werel professional. Even if you weren't part of a big business or if you were merely a student, professional was cool and hip. BlackBerry has seem to lost that magic.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 09:12 AM
    No replacement needed. They have people like Pierce Morgan out there that they just need to keep happy and gives then free publicity. I remember Russell Simmons tweeted a lot of positive stuff about BB10 too. If you want celebrity endorsements you can get it with just showing the ones that are already using BlackBerry Bb10 and maybe writing off a few free devices given to them. Why pay someone to use your stuff who isn't even smart enough to stop using her iPhone and gets caught after you pay them? Justin Bieber offered to do it for free devices at one point too. You don't have to put celebrities on the Payroll, and it you do put them on the Payroll they need to be way more worth it than Alicia Keys was!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 09:16 AM
    Position not needed. And O'Leary is an *******.

Next idea.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 03:26 PM
    The last person I would want representing the BlackBerry brand is a person who goes out of his way to define his public persona as being that of a shallow, money grubbing ****** bag. In fact, it would please me to learn that BlackBerry pays him not to say he is a BlackBerry user.

This is just not a celebrity persona BlackBerry needs.

Now had you suggested Mike Holmes or Marilyn Dennis for Canadian faces for BlackBerry, that I would agree with, because they both have positive public personas.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 02:48 PM
    Give me an interview

BB702
    01-20-14 03:35 PM
    OJ Simpson.
    01-20-14 04:48 PM