What Chen need to do is add more advertisements all over there world!
    Nokia and Samsung are nailing it when it comes to ads! Seriously I've never seen a blackberry 10 ad in Egypt from the day it was released! ( I've only seen "1" on a highway and it was removed a week later, replaced by that Sony water proof phone) nothing on TVS and nothing on the streets...I'm sick of the lumia ads spamming all over the media! And the note 3 ads on MTV and local media channels... no wonders why nobody knows what a bb10 is. I can't even find mobile accessories!
    Even all virgin stores only sell the legacy devices, and when I asked about the q10 some branches said it's not out yet in Egypt =_= and some said blackberry is dead we don't stock them anymore.

Posted Via CB10 Running On Z10STL100-2 Using OS Version 10.2.1.2141
    02-23-14 03:09 AM
    As I've stated before, they are taking care of other things right now, advertising would be a waste of money without having their ducks in a row. Give them a chance to employ a strategy before worrying about selling it.
    milo53 and UnlimitedEra like this.
    02-23-14 11:28 AM
    I would agree with BergerKing. But it would definitely be nice to see a BBRY advertisement ..just saying

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    02-23-14 02:46 PM
    I do agree with him too. But why release a whole new platform when you can't risk paying in ads, how will buyers get to know your device?

02-23-14 03:09 PM
    I think they are hoping that word of mouth will keep them floating until they decide it's time.
    UnlimitedEra likes this.
    02-23-14 03:43 PM
    Need campaigns, campaigns and campaigns to sell discounted phones directly!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 04:55 PM
    They need to change their name and pretend they're a startup run by hipsters from an "office" with ping pong tables and xboxes...

$19B later... change it back to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    UnlimitedEra likes this.
    02-23-14 05:02 PM
    They need to change their name and pretend they're a startup run by hipsters from an "office" with ping pong tables and xboxes...

$19B later... change it back to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Haha!

02-24-14 07:52 AM
    This is what "focusing on the enterprise market" means: little if any consumer advertising, which is HUGELY expensive and which BB simply doesn't have the money for. BB blew their wad in the first six months of 2013, with the launch of BB10 (Z10 and then Q10). They spend half a billion in advertising (incredibly LOUSY advertising, but still). The phones still didn't sell, and they nearly sold the company as a result. They lost almost $5.4 Billion in cash and value over the last two quarters alone, and had to go into debt to the tune of $1.25B, which they also have to pay interest on, just to remain afloat. According to Chen, even if things go to plan, BB isn't expected to turn a profit until 2016.

Chen stated that he's not even considering making a play for the (mature-market) consumer market in 2014 - BB will be devoting their resources to the two places it has some relative strength: regulated enterprises in mature markets, and in emerging markets with a lower-cost BB10 device (Jakarta). Depending on the success or failure of those initiatives, the future (or lack thereof) of the handset business will be decided. If Jakarta fails to make a high volume of sales, I believe that will be the end of the hardware business for BB.
    Last edited by Troy Tiscareno; 02-24-14 at 09:21 PM. Reason: typo
    02-24-14 01:51 PM
    This is what "focusing on the enterprise market" means: little if any consumer advertising, which is HUGELY expensive and which BB simply doesn't have the money for. BB blew their wad in the first six months of 2013, with the launch of BB10 (Z10 and then Q10). They spend half a billion in advertising (incredibly LOUSY advertising, but still). The phones still didn't sell, and they nearly sold the company as a result. They lost almost $5.4 Billion in cash and value over the last two quarters alone, and had to go into debt to the tune of $1.25B, which they also have to pay interest on, just to remain afloat. According to Chen, even if things go to plan, BB isn't expected to turn a profit until 2016.

Chen stated that he's not even considering making a play for the (mature-market) consumer market in 2014 - BB will be devoting their resources to the two places it has some relatively strength: regulated enterprises in mature markets, and in emerging markets with a lower-cost BB10 device (Jakarta). Depending on the success or failure of those initiatives, the future (or lack thereof) of the handset business will be decided. If Jakarta fails to make a high volume of sales, I believe that will be the end of the hardware business for BB.
    There's an 80% chance it will fail.
    Let's just hope it won't.

02-24-14 02:43 PM