What phone are you using?
    I just got a Key2 and it is AMAZING battery. I regularly go two full days before charging it.
    Granted, I don't do a lot of screen time, don't have FaceBook running in the background.

Before that I had a PRIV and they ARE power hogs.

So, it may be the phone your're using.
    Facebook. I have a pretty good idea that deleting that would go pretty far to solve both his battery issues plus data consumption.
    WiseEyes likes this.
    02-22-19 11:49 AM
    Well, no, it's not ALL good. Voracious, mindless consumption now yields a reality in which there would need to be 4.5 earths for everyone on the planet to live like North Americans.
    02-22-19 12:33 PM
    Well, no, it's not ALL good. Voracious, mindless consumption now yields a reality in which there would need to be 4.5 earths for everyone on the planet to live like North Americans.
    Not everyone gets a trophy so things are good for now. You can’t stop growth...and then we die anyway.....
    02-22-19 03:51 PM
    Not everyone gets a trophy so things are good for now. You can’t stop growth...and then we die anyway.....
    I thought you were going to use that line to inspire your children, unless, of course, they were the ones not getting enough to eat (is that what you meant by trophy?)
    02-22-19 04:30 PM
    I thought you were going to use that line to inspire your children, unless, of course, they were the ones not getting enough to eat (is that what you meant by trophy?)
    Yes... my kids have been taught not everyone wins. They’re favorite saying from school is second place is first place loser......that’s what they chanted against the girls from Mother Teresa of Calcutta School......

Of course that means that my daughters alsolearn to raise money for others, but still not everyone is going to win.....
    02-22-19 05:14 PM
    No one would be hungry, since we help feed the rest of the world, but this has nothing to do with 5G, robots or zombies, so let's try staying on topic. Okay?
    02-22-19 07:41 PM
    No one would be hungry, since we help feed the rest of the world, but this has nothing to do with 5G, robots or zombies, so let's try staying on topic. Okay?
    Well apparently 5g(maybe 4g too) spies on your crops while they're growing (sensors), to know exactly when to open up the perier water to water them, and just the right amount. Don't know if it will get to that stage about humans......mom's late feeding the kids lunch on saturday....call child services, the kid won't grow to optimum size or ripen just the way we want him to (lol).

BTW...power consumption due to always/sleeping/monitoring apps in the background and calling various homes, sure, but also remember 64bit SOC's move around larger chunks of memory and so may be consuming more power. Also the more ram you have, the more power it consumes.
    Being on multiple social platforms....power hog again.
    The higher the resolution and size of screens, again more power consumed. More antennas, more power....I'm guessing there also is some power consumption improvements with these new designs, but not enough to sip energy as the old bb0s devices did. Hotspot usage seems to be a huge power hog as well.

You may be right, the science of non-ionizing energy exposures effects are an open question right now. Increasing free-radical production to some extent seems to have been demonstrated, but what is an unsafe level? Not known, I'm not sure its something anyone wants to know right now (or maybe even can know right now) anyways (govt/corp/or university research). You bet if it had a causal relationship to healthcare costs skyrocketing (cancer etc) on its own, govts would be on it. See something else you get for free in surveillance capitalism? Free-radicals (lol).
    02-23-19 12:20 AM
    It is social media. And I dont even use fb app. I miss xmpp with facebook, did that on bbos. So there's the culprit. Maybe someone come up with ncurses based messenger fb app gutted of all the bs for phones.

Any ideas on that can be shared here:

https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...msngr-1164007/
    Attached Thumbnails 5G studies....is BB doing any studies for decision to go (or not to) 5G?-14934.jpg  
    Last edited by Jason Page; 02-23-19 at 05:18 PM.
    02-23-19 05:00 PM
    Since last charge. I just enabled battery save mode.
    Attached Thumbnails 5G studies....is BB doing any studies for decision to go (or not to) 5G?-14935.jpg  
    02-23-19 05:38 PM
    OP, based on your usage history, BB study (if they are doing any) of 5G definitely No go! Joking on the side, NA is not like China or Korea (even Japan), the 5G handset is depend upon deployment of 5G network (mobile), far from ready (chinese and Korean are more centralized structure, Synchronize deployment is better. However, NA being the largest market, 5G standard and chip set got some strength to pull...). It is all in carriers' hands now... ex. "That’s why even though the ultra-futuristic Galaxy Fold has a release date, the S10 5G doesn’t yet.

Even though Verizon might argue that it already has a 5G network, it doesn’t have a 5G network for phones. While the company did technically announce its preliminary 5G TF network to replace wired landline internet connections last fall, it’s not compatible with any Verizon mobile 5G devices. (Verizon has actually halted rolling out its home network offering until later in 2019 when the actual 5G standard equipment is ready.)"
    IMHO. tweek your handset and save money for 2nd gen 5G (1 gen may just all the dog fight for standards... I would wait until the winner comes out). As for BB, it used to have advantage of end to end, currently, nothing in handset mobile area (software change to droid, hardware farm out). 5G another battle field is autonomous car, google is heading towards software only and buy car from partner to minimize the cost and headarche like Tesla... however, it might just like droid, come out a mess of performance decoupling of both hardware/software and took many field failure to comeout integration, like new home brand phone nowadays. off topic here. (google's old playbook, habit hard to change... where is Larry?).
    02-24-19 11:22 AM
    ...where is Larry?).
    Folks on G+ haven't heard from him in a few years. And now G+ being discontinued....all so surreal! And you gotta give it to the squirrel. Just nuts! Zombies got to him after the robots milked his brains.

5G studies....is BB doing any studies for decision to go (or not to) 5G?-lp-gscreenshot_2019-02-24-220707.jpg
    Last edited by Jason Page; 02-24-19 at 10:47 PM. Reason: zombies and robots*
    02-24-19 10:23 PM
    Here's a hint: If you don't want data being consumed rampantly by applications you aren't using at alL, jump into the settings and turn on "restrict background data" (or turn off background data/data saver on samsung devices). It'll be like the old days, and the only time applications will even use data, is when you actually launch them. As soon as you background or close them (from view), all network access is cut off. Except for e-mail clients (hub) and text/mms messages.

That's the settings I would use on any android device. Wi-fi? Those settings don't matter because you aren't using carrier data.

Edit: I did not realise this thread was a month old. :O

Submitted via blackberry passport on freedom mobile HSPA+ or LTE
    04-01-19 10:23 AM
    Your response still helpful. Thank you
    04-20-19 05:54 PM
38 12