https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/...78.2013.871619

Or will BB join in on what maybe the *death* tribe?

See study above ^
    02-21-19 06:04 PM
    https://crackberry.com/john-chen-dis...o-global-forum Unless your actual concern is in regards to BlackBerry Mobile devices, in which case, TCL/Alcatel are more relevant. Nothing about studying long-term exposure though. You find any studies not from 2013?
    02-21-19 06:07 PM
    Not that I know. safety concerns me and push for bias influence studies also, on both asiles
    02-21-19 06:54 PM
    to be honest im not glutenous about connection speed, which I think this sorta hype serves shadow and commercial domestic advisorials purposes than the user.

I am cool with 2G for most communications.

doing same communications with bbos clocked less than 2Gb a month. on keyone its now clocking 16gb a month doing same and I wonder what the heck is really happening!
    02-21-19 06:57 PM
    5G now is different game. If BB get into the game, hopefully, it is nothing like Chenberry (Jimberry might be a better bet ;-). Care to look into in detail? https://tmt.knect365.com/big-5g-event/
    02-21-19 07:17 PM
    Idk, man. Whatever!

You provide baseless marketing hype.

Like selling 16K TV's to wambats that can just see its favorite food on the screen.

Public is influenced by marketing and marketing is baseless only to serve more the commercial interests and other on mass data collection efforts. Smart tvs are very smart when finally a whistle blower found cameras in them. media reaction: oh yea, we just use it to see folks reactions to commercials.

Im concerned that no one is.
    WiseEyes likes this.
    02-21-19 07:21 PM
    to be honest im not glutenous about connection speed, which I think this sorta hype serves shadow and commercial domestic advisorials purposes than the user.

doing same communications with bbos clocked less than 2Gb a month. on keyone its now clocking 16gb a month doing same and I wonder what the heck is really happening!
    Could be the user. I'm under 3GB a month which is no different than when I was using BB10. It's much more than when I was a BBOS user, but we had a different connection then.
    02-21-19 09:39 PM
    Idk, man. Whatever!

You provide baseless marketing hype.

Like selling 16K TV's to wambats that can just see its favorite food on the screen.

Public is influenced by marketing and marketing is baseless only to serve more the commercial interests and other on mass data collection efforts. Smart tvs are very smart when finally a whistle blower found cameras in them. media reaction: oh yea, we just use it to see folks reactions to commercials.

Im concerned that no one is.
    If you don’t want 5G then don’t use it. Commercial interests are just the answer to a consumer demand being provided in capitalist society. It’s all good.
    pdr733 likes this.
    02-21-19 09:40 PM
    I'm unconcerned about other's concerns, and only concerned with my own. The robots and zombies will get us all soon anyway.
    02-21-19 09:41 PM
    Yeah come to recall I was using just 400mb to 500mb per month on BBOS, honestly I miss that and find more comfort in that lux.

If Nokia just made a qwerty feature phone I would just stick to that. I'm not happy with direction of things. Golden years of the BBOS are over and it's not BB fault.....BB has to survive....it's all market demands. And unfortunately most people don't think like I do and do not have the same concerns.

Sorry to be a thorn. I do not mean to. I really love BlackBerry and it hurts to see this all this happening. Battery life is a huge concern for me and I get very frustrated I wonder why no one presses on the battery drain issues, as if everyone assumes the convenience of having an outlet up your you know what.

Batteries are bigger yet they drain much quicker. Only reason is the damn data drains.

I need a phone that does not need to prompt me to ask a zillion permissions, that only data be exchanged from the commands of the user. With these Androids an iOS devices, I suspect very much that most data exchange is without the users direct knowledge or action.
    02-21-19 09:47 PM
    I'm unconcerned about other's concerns, and only concerned with my own. The robots and zombies will get us all soon anyway.
    BigBadWulf,

I'm thinking of doing a silent short b/w conspiracy flick on your take :P

I've done over 20 short conspiracy flicks already. It's time to do them zombies and robots with them damn phones! I know what you mean: We deport so much of our biological abilities to convenience of that function displaced to our devices; our devices will take over the humans! It is essential to make the transhumanist aim inevitable. I like the concept. However I do not want to live it. Lets keep it science fiction....please!
    02-21-19 09:57 PM
    My take on the Zombie Apocalypse and how it becomes (you might spot blackberry phones in some of my videos in the DOCTA series, idk...plenty of them around the sets:

BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-21-19 10:00 PM
    Yeah come to recall I was using just 400mb to 500mb per month on BBOS, honestly I miss that and find more comfort in that lux.

If Nokia just made a qwerty feature phone I would just stick to that. I'm not happy with direction of things. Golden years of the BBOS are over and it's not BB fault.....BB has to survive....it's all market demands. And unfortunately most people don't think like I do and do not have the same concerns.

Sorry to be a thorn. I do not mean to. I really love BlackBerry and it hurts to see this all this happening. Battery life is a huge concern for me and I get very frustrated I wonder why no one presses on the battery drain issues, as if everyone assumes the convenience of having an outlet up your you know what.

Batteries are bigger yet they drain much quicker. Only reason is the damn data drains.

I need a phone that does not need to prompt me to ask a zillion permissions, that only data be exchanged from the commands of the user. With these Androids an iOS devices, I suspect very much that most data exchange is without the users direct knowledge or action.
    I use about half the data I did when I was on BBOS. I know where it goes, because I monitor it. When 5G rolls out, I'll ditch my home data and run everything through mobile. Won't stop the robots and zombies, but I'll apply the savings to procure more defense.
    astrodan13 likes this.
    02-21-19 10:01 PM
    My take on the Zombie Apocalypse and how it becomes (you might spot blackberry phones in some of my videos in the DOCTA series, idk...plenty of them around the sets:

Well then there's this...

john_v likes this.
    02-21-19 10:04 PM
    Cool beans. I'm behind you on figuring out how to control my phone and usage. Be happy to know what you use. I know one of my BB friends does not have any social media on their phone and does all that on their laptop. I use a facebook wrapper that proclaims it doesn't do all the badwolf stuff that the facebook app and manager use, with only 4mb foot print.

I'm doing my darnist and is not enough for comfort. I mistakenly upgraded the Android OS and now not even my firewall is making a difference in battery and data consumption. I do not know if newer Google's are doing more "under the hood" or what the heck.

And I've explored many different DEs because does the icons everywhere is very distracting and having to scroll to find the app you need....the user interface from the getgo is not conducive to being a good utility. The phone has become more a toy and so I'd like to see Blackberry continue to address the shortfalls of Android and make the phone a business tool again.

If I could put all the money I spent on wishful thinking that this or that would rehab my Android to make it utilitarian again, towards BlackBerry, then I would feel right in my heart. I must of spent over $200 on apps and DEs only to find myself getting more frustrated with the damn phone.
    02-21-19 10:11 PM
    Well then there's this...

Yes, it is all about equivocal statements in that context. I sometimes wonder marketwise, who is being served what and that whole ecosystem if it is destined to self-destruct. Reminds me of "...if no one sets the rules...." in this very hindsightful song my King Crimson:

02-21-19 10:15 PM
    I mean if anything, slap a damn huge replaceable battery on the back of the phone....make it like a brick phone....what ever it takes to keep the phone going on days without charge.

I'm sick of all these phones running out of battery. No one but Sonim addresses this issue. I'd get a Sonim if they'd slap a qwerty KB on one of them! XP6? no not doing that old #9 predictive typing....need full kb. I don't mind the small screen though.

Which brings to light another big issue: NO REPLACEABLE BATTERIES....what the heck is that all about?

Doing that puts Siedio and that German battery company (Mugen) into the low balling phone accessory business when their main income and profit was providing phone users expanded batteries.

We suppose to be helping markets while providing for market demand, not killing it!

Remember when you can do this????:

5G studies....is BB doing any studies for decision to go (or not to) 5G?-bold-9900-mugen-battery-580x304.jpg

Does Blackberry just turn the other eye assuming everyone thinks there is no demand for this expandability with batteries?!

There are instances where a phone being charged and usable is the difference of gain or loss of life or property and large amount of stakes for a company that someone works for....you'd think that importance would take priority in battery power. Right?

Battery is very critical and we lost it from going from marketing peanuts as energy to crumbs as being "better" battery than the model before it....when in reality there is a huge difference between scrapes and a peanut. (bad analogy I know though makes my point.)
    Last edited by Jason Page; 02-21-19 at 10:48 PM. Reason: extended battery argument added (added Mugen)
    02-21-19 10:29 PM
    In settings you can see data consumption by app:

5G studies....is BB doing any studies for decision to go (or not to) 5G?-screenshot_20190221-222350.jpg

If it doesn't match up with your carrier statistics, this app can help identify where the bleeding is occurring. Not using Facebook and Twitter where most zombies are found, helps immensely.
    02-21-19 10:31 PM
    In settings you can see data consumption by app:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190221-222350.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	443117

If it doesn't match up with your carrier statistics, this app can help identify where the bleeding is occurring. Not using Facebook and Twitter where most zombies are found, helps immensely.
    Thank you, I'd show mine though will later. My phone off because I lost my charger and being at 18% I need it tomorrow to help someone make it to their appointment.

"Connects" that is awesome! And I don't say "awesome" too often....had a tool on old Macs that worked like that, told you all the connect points that data packets are sent and received and even logged it for study. Occasionally I saw some weird stuff.
    Last edited by Jason Page; 02-21-19 at 10:55 PM. Reason: grammar
    02-21-19 10:54 PM
    I mean if anything, slap a damn huge replaceable battery on the back of the phone....make it like a brick phone....what ever it takes to keep the phone going on days without charge.

Battery is very critical and we lost it from going from marketing peanuts as energy to crumbs as being "better" battery than the model before it....when in reality there is a huge difference between scrapes and a peanut. (bad analogy I know though makes my point.)
    Energizer has a phone with a 18,000 mAh battery... should last a whole week. And build up you arm muscles as a bonus in order to help fight future zombies.

The "market" makes what people in general want.... Western Markets that lite and sleek. Other markets 5,000 mAh isn't uncommon.

As for 5G... I doubt RADAR requires that sort of connection, so no I doubt BlackBerry is doing any "studies". As for TCL, they aren't an industry leader.... they will simply go along with whatever the Industry and Regulators decide is safe.
    02-22-19 07:44 AM
    I would snap in a 2G world. I get angry using 3G, so sloooowww lol.
    02-22-19 09:03 AM
    I would snap in a 2G world. I get angry using 3G, so sloooowww lol.
    3G would anger me, I have problems waiting with LTE. Not willing to be a 5G beta tester though, I'll wait until the kinks are mostly worked out.
    WiseEyes, stlabrat and john_v like this.
    02-22-19 10:05 AM
    And I've explored many different DEs because does the icons everywhere is very distracting and having to scroll to find the app you need....the user interface from the getgo is not conducive to being a good utility. The phone has become more a toy and so I'd like to see Blackberry continue to address the shortfalls of Android and make the phone a business tool again.

If I could put all the money I spent on wishful thinking that this or that would rehab my Android to make it utilitarian again, towards BlackBerry, then I would feel right in my heart. I must of spent over $200 on apps and DEs only to find myself getting more frustrated with the damn phone.
    Sounds like you could use a launcher like Nova Prime. I've got mine using a single page on the home screen and in the app drawer. Most-used apps are on the home screen with a few in folders, and anything that isn't launched using an icon or gesture I just use the app search. I also use Fluid N.G. which replaces the standard Android nav bar and gives me a total of 12 gestures that I can remap to launch apps or more shortcuts. Even my clock/weather widget can be configured to launch anything on the device. Granted, with the KEYone/2 nobody would use something like Fluid N.G. to replace the nav bar but the side launchers would still work.

5G studies....is BB doing any studies for decision to go (or not to) 5G?-screenshot_2019-02-22-10-34-32.jpg
    5G studies....is BB doing any studies for decision to go (or not to) 5G?-screenshot_2019-02-22-10-34-38.jpg
    5G studies....is BB doing any studies for decision to go (or not to) 5G?-screenshot_2019-02-22-10-34-43.jpg
    02-22-19 10:49 AM
    Thank you, I'd show mine though will later. My phone off because I lost my charger and being at 18% I need it tomorrow to help someone make it to their appointment.

"Connects" that is awesome! And I don't say "awesome" too often....had a tool on old Macs that worked like that, told you all the connect points that data packets are sent and received and even logged it for study. Occasionally I saw some weird stuff.
    Turning on data saver shuts off anything using data in the background. There's also Glasswire that provides much more details than the standard Android data monitor.

5G studies....is BB doing any studies for decision to go (or not to) 5G?-screenshot_2019-02-22-10-53-12.jpg
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-22-19 10:57 AM

What phone are you using?
    I just got a Key2 and it is AMAZING battery. I regularly go two full days before charging it.
    Granted, I don't do a lot of screen time, don't have FaceBook running in the background.

Before that I had a PRIV and they ARE power hogs.

So, it may be the phone your're using.
    WiseEyes likes this.
    02-22-19 11:33 AM
38 12