View Poll Results: Which path should 2010 BlackBerry choose?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stick with BBOS and enhance because that's what I want.

0 0%
  • BB10, do it now!

7 100.00%
    Many people have complained that the leadership at BlackBerry was blind in not seeing and then reacting to what was happening in the smartphone market. By 2010, both Android and iOS were growing by leaps and bounds. What's BlackBerry to do?

It's 2014 now, and there seems to be two factions of users:

1. "Traditionalists": BlackBerry should never have chased Android and iOS and threw resources at BB10. It was a wasted effort that only impeded advancement of BBOS. All that was necessary was another iteration of BBOS, though more refined and on better hardware. Give me my trackpad and keyboard and I'll be happy!

2. "Non-Traditionalists": BlackBerry has fallen behind Android and iOS. BlackBerry needs a new OS and hardware that bests Android and iOS. BB10 was needed and it should have been developed in 2008! BlackBerry only wasted time with BBOS, beating on a dead horse.

If it was 2010 and you had to vote on the direction of BlackBerry, which way would you choose?
    02-04-14 08:54 PM
    I pray this goes well, and doesn't decent to a cesspool of bitter response.

I have no doubt BB10 was necessary, and wouldn't go back, but.....
    I also miss features we've lost. They're coming back, slowly but surely. A BIS option would be nice to see planned.
    02-04-14 09:07 PM
    I think history will show it was necessary...change is hard!!
    This OS is getting better and better, (three updates this year and hoping for three in the next twelve months), Tizzen is hitting skepticism in the community and they are the worlds largest, iOS is dated and not really impressing anyone for three or four cycles now.
    In my minds eye BB time'd this perfect...the worst is behind us, the OS is maturing, the hate is starting to evaporate, devices are discounted to be ridiculously cheap, new "focused"" management...looking bright, very very bright!! DATS the facts.
    02-04-14 11:15 PM
    BBOS had its day. Its time to dump it into the garbage and go all out BB10. Reason is, people that think the Enterprise will stick to BBOS are dreaming. both iOS and Android, not to mention WP8 are going after the Enterprise stronger then ever. The Enterprise want a change, something newer and innovative. BBOS is not that solution, its BB10 and its all powerful and intelligent QNX.
    Its time to put BBOS to rest and move full force with BB10.
    02-05-14 05:51 AM
    I pray this goes well, and doesn't decent to a cesspool of bitter response.
    Well, the subject title of the thread isn't inflammatory, so most people won't feel compelled to respond...

I'm curious as to whether there is an even split, or close to even split, between the "Traditionalist" and "Non-Traditionalist" sides, as it would give insight into the struggles BlackBerry had internally to make a decision. Maybe people won't think it was such a "no-brainer" decision, as some would imply.
    02-05-14 02:00 PM
    I just don't think the traditionalist vs non draws a clear picture of the sides, nor what options BlackBerry had with OS development. I want all that BBOS had to offer, and the performance BB10 gives me.
    02-05-14 02:58 PM
    I just don't think the traditionalist vs non draws a clear picture of the sides, nor what options BlackBerry had with OS development. I want all that BBOS had to offer, and the performance BB10 gives me.
    My experience on BBOS was limited and was on a full touch Torch 9850. I didn't become attached to the keyboard shortcuts nor the BBOS way of doing things. BB10 wasn't such a shock. I didn't lose any previous muscle memory that would have made me efficient on BBOS. For some people, it was the opposite experience and they only want BBOS, just the next iteration. (There's a thread about a hypothetical BBOS8.) Since BlackBerry had/has limited resources, it precludes them from concentrating on both fronts at once. So far, it seems that people do think it was a good idea to go with BB10 and wait til BBOS features are integrated in. The "Traditionalists" have yet to speak up on this thread.
    02-05-14 08:50 PM
    In 2010, it was already too late to START on a direction. That should have happened in 2007/2008, and the first BB10 phones should have rolled out in 2010. BB would be in a MUCH different place if that had happened.
    02-05-14 10:18 PM
    #ICHOOSEBLACKBERRY10

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-05-14 10:28 PM
    Definitely better!

Even though I loved the legacy devices there's only so much you can do with Java based operating system

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 05:58 AM