What I mean is that with 10.2, it seems miles again of 10.0. Lock screen notifications, android compatibility are all part of what makes many ppl load 10.2.

Even those yes, 10.2 is a big improvement, could BlackBerry launch os 10 last week? It seems that BlackBerry had to rush os 10 with many gaps and it's hurting them. I bought the q10 when is first came out because of the solid reviews of its keyboard but other than that I wouldn't get it. 10.2 looks much more polished but might be too late?

Anyways the real question is: Would blackberry be better off it had waited and launched bbos 10 last week with all the features that 10.2 offers? Or if launching a semi complete os to sastify the press\consumers needed?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 11:36 PM
    Problem is it took another 6 months to get to where 10.2 is and BB didnt have the time to wait. But it would have been great to launch in January with 10.2
    kbz1960, JeepBB, bluetroll and 2 others like this.
    08-13-13 11:39 PM
    And 10.3 should have been 10.0 and 10.4 should have been 10.0 and 10.5 should have been 10.0

You see the pattern? Of course the next OS will be better but they needed to cut the cord somewhere and release it.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 08:00 AM
    It's always what you get should've been what's next. Is that just bbry or every other platform? Do people hear this on Android and iOS sites?
    08-14-13 08:07 AM
    And 10.3 should have been 10.0 and 10.4 should have been 10.0 and 10.5 should have been 10.0

You see the pattern? Of course the next OS will be better but they needed to cut the cord somewhere and release it.

Posted via CB10
    exactly what I was thinking.

One day or the other you have to release your stuff and keep working on it to make it better. At least we have software updates, unlike some other brand who makes you buy another phone to take advantage of new stuff.
    08-14-13 08:09 AM
    It's not a matter of just cutting the cord, 10.0 just wasn't polished enough. Look at what happened in the states, a buggy os was released and low sales went even lower. 10.2 is the minimum that should have been released, unfortunately it was a year late and the price is being paid now. It's just a matter of which is the smaller disaster.

Posted via Z10
    Djlatino, 22mchan and m0de25 like this.
    08-14-13 08:33 AM
    Again, half baked OS.....awesome team at BB. There was no sense of urgency, no sense of what was needed or not needed. A lot of the "old" way of thinking and doing......
    They needed something out fast.....
    08-14-13 08:36 AM
    10.2 should have been OS 6. Yeah let's just keep "perfecting" the OS and never release it... BlackBerry had to release BlackBerry 10 and I felt 10.0 was pretty decent. Nothing spectacularly amazing, but decent.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 08:40 AM
    You guys forget ios had no mms when it first came out. Development on a new OS on any platform takes time. There must be balance between features and bug fixes. The amount of os updates only shows the commitment and speed blackberry is working on its os.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 08:49 AM
    exactly what I was thinking.

One day or the other you have to release your stuff and keep working on it to make it better. At least we have software updates, unlike some other brand who makes you buy another phone to take advantage of new stuff.
    Problem is it was already delayed several times to be perfect. They couldn't delay any longer and it hurt because it still isn't ready.

10.2 should have been OS 6. Yeah let's just keep "perfecting" the OS and never release it... BlackBerry had to release BlackBerry 10 and I felt 10.0 was pretty decent. Nothing spectacularly amazing, but decent.

Posted via CB10
    Yes they did have to release something but after several delays already it should've been much better than it was.

You guys forget ios had no mms when it first came out. Development on a new OS on any platform takes time. There must be balance between features and bug fixes. The amount of os updates only shows the commitment and speed blackberry is working on its os.

Posted via CB10
    No one cares what happened 2007 this is 2013.
    JeepBB, cmdr_dan and 21stNow like this.
    08-14-13 09:00 AM
    I am glad that they are not taking a year to introduce new features like other operating systems.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 09:00 AM
    I think TH addressed this thinking specifically in one of his interviews where he said that if you keep waiting to add all the features you want to and then release a product, you will never actually get around releasing it. I think Blackberry decided that 10.0 would have to be enough to begin with at some point.

I' am just glad at how quick the progress is. I mean 10.1 and 10.2 are very significant updates. All in under a year!
    08-14-13 09:12 AM
    Problem is it was already delayed several times to be perfect. They couldn't delay any longer and it hurt because it still isn't ready.

Yes they did have to release something but after several delays already it should've been much better than it was.

No one cares what happened 2007 this is 2013.
    I care. I would add the G1 had major issues as did Windows 7 and 7.5 and 8 even. Your expectations must be measured within a certain context. Otherwise you end up sounding like a bratty child.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 09:24 AM
    After reading the comments I think that it's really hard to tell haha. On one side you have a much better os if you stuck with 10.2 at the very beginning. There's no denying that there were numerous bugs and terrible battery life when os10 first released. I do believe that this had demotivated a lot of ppl buying os10 and didn't get the full recognition it deserved.

ON THE OTHER HAND blackberry was dying after blackberry 8 or whatever 9900 ran. My friend had one and it was laggy as hell. BlackBerry desperately needed something that would change their image. Prior to os 10 BlackBerry was dying (might be still), and needed at least some kind of revamp.

So I guess the "moral of the story" would be that SOMETIMES timing is everything. If blackberry had 2 more months to spare who knows where we could been? The real question, would Thorsten Heins waited for 10.2?

Anyways we can't live a life with ifs and maybes. Let's just all hope for the best and I await for the news of which company decides to buy/partner with BlackBerry. Typed from my q10 so goood.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 11:16 AM
    Software is never "finished". 10.0 as it launched was reasonably complete in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    08-14-13 11:33 AM
    BB basically committed themselves when they announced in spring of 2012 than they had to push BB10 yet again into 2013. After that there was no way to push it again. It probably would have been the final straw for everyone. Govt agencies and everyone else that was left on BBs side would be looking elsewhere. they had to launch with what they had instead of what they SHOULD have had. Sadly this seems to be the story with the company though and they just can never catch up.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-14-13 11:35 AM
    I'm sure Microsoft would have loved to just skip Vista and go straight to Win7, too...
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    08-14-13 11:36 AM
    I care. I would add the G1 had major issues as did Windows 7 and 7.5 and 8 even. Your expectations must be measured within a certain context. Otherwise you end up sounding like a bratty child.

Posted via CB10
    You care that 6 or 7 years ago iOS didn't have SMS? Why? My expectations were after several delays that the OS would be much more feature rich, more stable than it is especially with the beta pb before it (how many years of development is that) and the damn phones wouldn't randomly reboot for months after release.

Yes I'm just a whiny cry baby that expects too much from a company that has been in this business longer than anyone else. They had time back then because no one else had anything or were doing what they were. Now it's different, they are plenty already doing only what bbry wishes they could.
    JeepBB and 21stNow like this.
    08-14-13 11:43 AM
    Kinda freaking me out about how things are playing out. A lot of people said this about the webOS releases that came out months and months after launch. Then they got bought by HP and things took a long time to develop and then got real real bad.

Hopefully they are making better decisions at the top and not falling into the same traps Palm and then HP did.
    08-14-13 11:49 AM
    For goodness sake. They needed to come out with something right, and you dont expect it to be perfect due to reason, like funds and what have you. Thats why they is something called updates right to develop the os to maturity. And you have to give BlackBerry credit. In 7 months after release they gone from 10.0 to 10.1 and we approaching 10.2. That how its meant to be. Deuces.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 11:54 AM
    I don't know about you guys. But a huge update like 10.2 to be releasing in under a year is a great job to me.

Posted via CB10
    kevets likes this.
    08-14-13 11:57 AM
    I don't know about you guys. But a huge update like 10.2 to be releasing in under a year is a great job to me.

Posted via CB10
    some people will never be satisfied.
    08-14-13 12:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    its not huge to me...its still mostly adding in things that should have been then in 10 and 10.1 No having headless apps from the start is a failure IMO
    JeepBB and Fr3lncr like this.
    08-14-13 12:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    What does 10.2 do that is so spectacular? All of a sudden all popular apps work? What does it do that the others don't?
    08-14-13 12:13 PM
    What does 10.2 do that is so spectacular? All of a sudden all popular apps work? What does it do that the others don't?
    The API features...

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 12:15 PM
37 12