http://m.yahoo.com/rs/aHR0cDovL3d3dy...IEc2xrA3dlYg--

Crazy!! I looked for quite a while to see if I could find anything comparible on a blackberry. Best site I found on hacking a Berry recommended that you get to know the user well as see if they will tell you their password... seriously... that was all I could find.

This youtube video was one search on yahoo. With all the things we keep on our phones these days I think that pretty much sells it right there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-14-12 12:48 AM
    & yet just today I read a BS article that said that iPhones were almost too secure & that enforcement & government agencies were unable to get into criminal's phones if they were iPhones. It went on to say that the reason was that the iPhone uses the same level of security as the BlackBerry. It predicted that soon the iPhone would replace the BB for enterprise & government use.

I was going to post it here, but descided I didn't want to spread that garbage.
    08-14-12 02:08 AM
    Wow way to over look something so simple
    08-14-12 03:23 AM
    lol dude it doesnt work, i tried on an iphone 4s now, and siri asks for the password when u tell it to search the web. The video is either a scam or the apple already patched.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    08-14-12 03:35 AM
    These threads never end well.
    08-14-12 04:32 AM
    Even if they patched it that is still really lame. There have been many passcode hacks to get through IOS. There was a double tap home button bug that let you through it on the 3G before they patched it. Bottom line, they have done it before and will do it again and will have to keep patching.

Nobody has gotton through a blackberry password without knowing the password. Do a google search and you will see. Even the NSA had to be given a back door into RIMs servers because they cant crack it.

We all moved to iphones at my job. anyone can now accidently see your passcode just by sitting next to you. I work at a prison, so I am sure our sustomers wont be looking accidently if given the chance. We moved to iphone because they are so much cheaper than BES but you get what you pay for!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-14-12 09:05 AM
    http://cydiaism.com/recover-iphone-i...toolkit-guide/

Looks like there is another way to hack IOS, that one costs money though. I guess the lesson is there that if your gonna have an iphone then you want to have it encrypted for sure.
    08-14-12 10:00 PM
    ....and yet....no one cares. STILL.

If security is your primary concern, blackberry is the phone you need. No doubt. But not enough people care,...for better or worse. RIM can't count on the security aspect to sell phones.

If everyone else were as smart as you, RIMM would no doubt be trading above $600 while Apple fishes for a way to remain relevant. But here,... on this planet, Earth,.....security doesn't sell phones.
    08-15-12 12:02 AM
    That is certainly true. I think there is also the fact that most people either do not carry sensitive data on their phone or don't realize they do. They are used to the old flip phone days. Once we start using our phones as wallets that may change things.
    08-15-12 11:38 PM
    ....and yet....no one cares. STILL.

If security is your primary concern, blackberry is the phone you need. No doubt. But not enough people care,...for better or worse. RIM can't count on the security aspect to sell phones.

If everyone else were as smart as you, RIMM would no doubt be trading above $600 while Apple fishes for a way to remain relevant. But here,... on this planet, Earth,.....security doesn't sell phones.
    Are you saying it's not important though? People don't care because they are not aware of how susceptible they really are in MY opinion. Maybe they don't think it's possible.. An average person doesn't go through the thought processes, but i don't think that means we should disregard the urgency in the matter. The way smartphones are going, security is going to have to be a big deal, much sooner than later.
    08-16-12 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD