Do your worst.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 11:30 PM
    iphone = CRAP
    iwatch = bigger load of CRAP
    Nuff said

CB10
    09-09-14 11:46 PM
    If you turn the iPhone 6 upside down, you'll have the new iPhone 9!

Posted via CB from my Z10
    And if you keep one iphone six straight and the other upside down next to it, the n you will have iphone 69

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 11:50 PM
    It's just a bigger ****ty smart phone. Woohooo. I don't care for smart watches. The 2 seconds it saves from pulling out your phone is ridiculous.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    09-09-14 11:53 PM
    iPhone 5 + NFC + OS upgrade = iPhone 6
    iPhone 6 - NFC = iPhone 5

I don't understand why anyone will run out and upgrade their phone if it is less than 2 years old.

Watch ...... the solution to the problem that doesn't exist.
    And yet this forum is full of people who will upgrade to a BB Passport in a flash once it is released.
    Double standards in your statement.
    Last edited by the resurrection 2; 09-10-14 at 12:00 AM. Reason: My comment within original quote.
    09-09-14 11:58 PM
    iphone = CRAP
    iwatch = bigger load of CRAP
    Nuff said

CB10
    Playbook? Anyone?
    Thanks for your insightful and deep analysis.
    shaunj539 likes this.
    09-10-14 12:02 AM
    It's just a bigger ****ty smart phone. Woohooo. I don't care for smart watches. The 2 seconds it saves from pulling out your phone is ridiculous.
    So are you under the impression the Apple Watch is just for telling time?
    09-10-14 12:04 AM
    Love or hate Apple the are masters of marketing. Seriously have it down patt.

Posted via CB10
    Even better... anybody who has an iTunes account got the new U2 album for free. Just look and you'll see it ready for download.
    09-10-14 12:08 AM
    I doubt they paid U2 a billion$! Lol
    They probably signed them for a few millions... maybe 50... even 50 is a lot!

Posted via CB10
    The estimates are for a $100 million deal, not just for the album though, additional promotions and stuff.
    09-10-14 12:15 AM
    My BB is always my main driver, but I actually was curious about getting the 6 incher as my secondary device based on the early rumors of sapphire, AND if it had improved significantly in battery life.

Needless to say, I am not so curious anymore.

Here’s my thoughts on todays IPhone version 6 (IPv6) event.

IPv6 - Seems like they're going back to rounded metallic edges like the original iPhone. This is both with the phone and the apple watch. Not sure I find that “modern” looking.

I was watching the event side by side with the stock price live and the stock peaked at $102.69 right before the watch announcement and then it was all downhill from there to close the day lower. Not sure if this is because of the watch announcement itself or if investors were left underwhelmed by the IPv6 when they moved to the next segment.

There was just too much vagueness in the announcement. For crying out loud, this thing is going to be available next week, no need to be coy with specs. It's not like Samsung is gonna thrive on a 1 week head start to mock you for last year’s specs. From what I read, both models of phones are going to be only 1GB RAM, I almost don't believe it, but GeekBench has been fairly reliable on specs. No talk or literature whatsoever about battery capacity on ANY of their devices - we'll find out how bad the battery is by around 4pm on 9/19 I guess.

Apple Watch – I expected something like this because of the hire of the Burberry executive. I did like the crown concept, however I still feel like this is like the 3D revolution where the industry is trying REALLY hard to create a market that no-one is really asking for. At the end of the day (literally), I think battery life will be the main sore point. Not sure if I’m the type to charge my watch at night. Not sure if I want to be buzzed on my wrist every time I get an email (Pavlov’s dog comes to mind from Psych 101 in college)

Apple Pay - "The credit card is dead".....Ummm, not so fast. Talk to my wife who shops online all day long. What is she going to tap with that? What happens when you are not connected to the network? What happens when your phone battery is dead? How are you going to pay at a restaurant - is the waiter going to bring a terminal to your table that you can tap? Oh, and how do you handle tips at restaurants? What happens when you want to return something? How are you going to book a flight? How is the hotel going to keep your payment on file for "incidentals"? Is there going to be a sudden surge of mysterious and unexplained thumb amputations with iPhone theft?

Sorry, I know the internet is abuzz on this Apple Pay stuff, but like all rotten apple stuff, it too will pass with little fanfare and sit on a shelf next to the Newton.
    09-10-14 12:56 AM
    nothing new . just bigger like Samsung which i hate. Job is gone, innovation is gone.
    09-10-14 01:11 AM
    My BB is always my main driver, but I actually was curious about getting the 6 incher as my secondary device based on the early rumors of sapphire, AND if it had improved significantly in battery life.

Needless to say, I am not so curious anymore.

Here�s my thoughts on todays IPhone version 6 (IPv6) event.

IPv6 - Seems like they're going back to rounded metallic edges like the original iPhone. This is both with the phone and the apple watch. Not sure I find that �modern� looking.

I was watching the event side by side with the stock price live and the stock peaked at $102.69 right before the watch announcement and then it was all downhill from there to close the day lower. Not sure if this is because of the watch announcement itself or if investors were left underwhelmed by the IPv6 when they moved to the next segment.

There was just too much vagueness in the announcement. For crying out loud, this thing is going to be available next week, no need to be coy with specs. It's not like Samsung is gonna thrive on a 1 week head start to mock you for last year�s specs. From what I read, both models of phones are going to be only 1GB RAM, I almost don't believe it, but GeekBench has been fairly reliable on specs. No talk or literature whatsoever about battery capacity on ANY of their devices - we'll find out how bad the battery is by around 4pm on 9/19 I guess.

Apple Watch � I expected something like this because of the hire of the Burberry executive. I did like the crown concept, however I still feel like this is like the 3D revolution where the industry is trying REALLY hard to create a market that no-one is really asking for. At the end of the day (literally), I think battery life will be the main sore point. Not sure if I�m the type to charge my watch at night. Not sure if I want to be buzzed on my wrist every time I get an email (Pavlov�s dog comes to mind from Psych 101 in college)

Apple Pay - "The credit card is dead".....Ummm, not so fast. Talk to my wife who shops online all day long. What is she going to tap with that? What happens when you are not connected to the network? What happens when your phone battery is dead? How are you going to pay at a restaurant - is the waiter going to bring a terminal to your table that you can tap? Oh, and how do you handle tips at restaurants? What happens when you want to return something? How are you going to book a flight? How is the hotel going to keep your payment on file for "incidentals"? Is there going to be a sudden surge of mysterious and unexplained thumb amputations with iPhone theft?

Sorry, I know the internet is abuzz on this Apple Pay stuff, but like all rotten apple stuff, it too will pass with little fanfare and sit on a shelf next to the Newton.
    All very good points. Apple wants to do away with the wallet (And purse? As a man's wallet is the only image they showed in the presentation (that I know of - please correct me if I'm wrong), I assume they do not expect women to buy these products ), but what about all these diverse situations you mention, especially if you're stuck with a dead battery?

What I don't get about the iWatch is when people defend it for saving you time in checking messages. But if it's a message you NEED to reply to or a call you NEED to take, then you're most likely going to pull out your phone anyway. I guess this can apply to all smartwatches.

Posted via CB10
    cman5 likes this.
    09-10-14 01:24 AM
    Beautiful in design but still no match in BlackBerry's security prowess
    09-10-14 01:49 AM
    IPhone 6 and 6+: As expected, both will be huge successes. I'll probably get one once I have a chance to see them in person (I have a T-Mo Jump upgrade and my Z30 is paid for, so it's not going anywhere). Probably the 6+ 64 gig. The Apple Pay is functionally new. They're getting stores and services to get the scanners and are bringing everything together to make payments work in a secure way. NFC was pretty useless for me before, this looks well-conceived and supported. The device looks great. The UI supports landscape. Apple Watch supported. I expect many defections from Android (bigger screen was a primary issue), Microsoft (not the budget conscious), and BlackBerry (yep, many here).

Apple Watch: Very cool product. I love the Apple Pay integration. We've got a lot of time to decide. I still think Moto 360 is also hot, but the Apple Watch will destroy Android watch sales because most Android people who were holding out may choose to afford Apple Watch and will definitely hold out now that they've seen it.

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    09-10-14 01:49 AM
    I think the iWatch is an interesting contraption and, despite not having much purpose, will be a consumer hit a la the iPad. It definitely looks more capable than Android Wear and I like that.

I know some Android fans are saying the iWatch is just a mini smartphone with no direction; but, if Android Wear's notification heavy UI were so great, more smartwatches would already have been sold. I like the Apple Watch much better.

With that said, the iWatch is pretty expensive; but, nothing Apple fans won't be willing to cough up.
    09-10-14 01:51 AM
    given it to apple-Iphone 6 slight incremental change and improvement plus ++A marketing. Iwatch-I concede I just dont get it with this"smartwatches"
    09-10-14 02:12 AM
    Apple stock falls after announcements - USA Today
    Excitement and disappointment over Apple's new products sent its stock on a roller coaster ride Tuesday as investors reacted to a bevy of announcements.
    Apple's stock ended down just 0.4% after a volatile day during which the view on Wall Street appeared to be that the news didn't match up to the sky-high expectations and hype.
    09-10-14 02:14 AM
    I slept really well. Woke up and made breakfast to our daughter, packed her lunch and sent her off to school. Then I opened CB 10 on my Z30 and looked into the forums to find out Apple has released yet "the most amazing device we've ever built". And a watch.

I checked my emails and was notified that the first reviews of iPhone 6 was ready in the newspaper "Politiken".

I decided to read the review and found out it was pure sarcasm.

Use Google translate Danish -> Your language to read it :
    http://politiken.dk/bagsiden/ECE2390...en-nye-iphone/

I'm looking forward to a device not feeling tiny and especially the improved keyboard. I do consider changing from BlackBerry to iPhone simply due to the near perfect ecosystem but so far I'm very pleased with Z30 and IS 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 02:15 AM
    Still not excited with smart watch. Also do not see the point. The perfect screen size is not any more perfect. Since 2007, people expect too much from apple.
    I think BlackBerry has a "chen-ce" with the passport due to the unconventional Form factor. Looks more exciting and hope the event will be well done.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 02:23 AM
    Just another I phone!

Posted via CB10
    cman5 likes this.
    09-10-14 03:51 AM
    People used to say the exact same thing about iPods because Walkmans already existed for portable music.....
    Actually the iPod was just a better MP3 player, someone else's idea made better. You can make millions doing that.

Z30 144GB
    09-10-14 03:53 AM
    I know they will probably sell.many of them, but I'm not impressed to be honest, especially with the watch, the design factor of moto360 and the new LG watch, much nicer.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 03:56 AM
    The apple 'crown' on the watch reminds me so much of the original BlackBerry's with the little wheel on the side. The only difference is the BlackBerry version was perhaps easier to use!
    09-10-14 04:32 AM
    The apple I watched impressed me until I realised you might have to charge it twice a day. Which makes it completely useless to me and you have to remove the watch to charge it, not even a cable can help you charge in the car.

Posted via CB10
    how about wireless charging boy the would inovative ....a recgargable watch .......2020 release date
    09-10-14 05:30 AM
199 ... 23456 ...