The thing that really made battery life a non issue is large phones with large batteries. Apple apple seems to have chosen thinness instead.
    Function follows form now at Apple...

At least during the Jobs era form and function were both on an equal level.

I am not an iFan but I always respected Apple for killing the segment with superior function and elegant design. They still are elegant (camera protrusion notwithstanding) but function is falling below par. If for not the legacy ecosystem Jobs left them I would be concerned about their future but alas, they are "Too Big to Fail" now and will be able to turn around any dips.

This phone will sell well but the steady Android device march of gaining market share will continue for the foreseeable future...
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-09-14 06:48 PM
    Oh well! It is interesting.
    09-09-14 06:51 PM
    Hahaha, iPhone 6 and 6+ primarily caters to iSheeps waiting for a bigger screen from Apple. There is nothing innovative coming from Apple. Bigger and better phones already exists. NFC has been around in others phones for a while now.
    Passport, on the other hand, is an innovative device coming from Blackberry as a pure act of desperation for survival. I would chose Passport over iPhone 6 any day.
    NFC has been around but no one has done anything with it until today. if a bigger iphone is not innovation how can you claim the Passport to be innovative since it is just a stretched Q10.
    09-09-14 06:51 PM
    NFC has been around but no one has done anything with it until today. if a bigger iphone is not innovation how can you claim the Passport to be innovative since it is just a stretched Q10.
    If rounded corners and a "wedge shape" laptop design are innovations enough to sue over then forgive us BB fans of thinking that the unique Passport form factor and a touch capacitive physical keyboard are innovative.

It is what it is...for the record, I have been buying my coffee with NFC for some time now on my old Z10.

http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/abou...kberry-app.php
    09-09-14 06:58 PM
    People used to say the exact same thing about iPods because Walkmans already existed for portable music.....
    The watch is a step towards miniaturization. Notice that not much has actually changed in size since the Walkman other than things got thinner.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 07:02 PM
    NFC payments are still quite young and are really only just getting started. This is from June: http://www.nfcworld.com/2014/06/12/3...g-deal-canada/ all payments through Rogers, Bell and Telus go through BlackBerry in Canada.
    Apple has timed this well and will get a lot of credit when it goes mainstream even if it would anyways.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Paintman321; 09-09-14 at 07:23 PM.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-09-14 07:05 PM
    NFC payments are still quite young and are really only just getting started. This is from June: BlackBerry wins NFC provisioning deal in Canada ? NFC World+ all payments through Rogers, Bell and Telus go through BlackBerry in Canada.
    Apple has timed this well and will get apt of credit when it goes mainstream even if it would anyways.

Posted via CB10
    Makes sense, Blackberry could never move the yard sticks for NFC anyway...it would ultimately have to be the major players, why not Apple?

No matter, it will benefit us all I figure...maybe even help launch BB into the segment if there are security issues early on with the iPhone method.
    Last edited by stealthbob; 09-09-14 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Totaly my bad...sorry mods.
    09-09-14 07:17 PM
    NFC payments are still quite young and are really only just getting started. This is from June: http://www.nfcworld.com/2014/06/12/3...g-deal-canada/ all payments through Rogers, Bell and Telus go through BlackBerry in Canada.
    Apple has timed this well and will get a lot of credit when it goes mainstream even if it would anyways.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly didn't read the link about June news, but we were visiting Canada Dec 2013 and paid at Tim Horton's with Z30....

Z30 144GB
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-09-14 07:39 PM
    NFC payments are still quite young and are really only just getting started. This is from June: BlackBerry wins NFC provisioning deal in Canada ? NFC World+ all payments through Rogers, Bell and Telus go through BlackBerry in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    Google couldn't either. Couldn't get the banks and card companies onside. Even the card companies' attempt at a consolidated push (ISIS) floundered. I am somewhat surprised not to hear anything about Microsoft in this area.

NFC is better entrenched in Europe so this has much bigger impact in the US. But I don't care as long as it makes the US change. It was hideous trying to use my credit card on a business trip in Europe - only Starbucks and the shops at the airport were guaranteed to take it.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    09-09-14 07:54 PM
    My thoughts on the iPhone 6 and 6+ launch..

"Man, CrackBerry is really quiet today."

Posted via CB10
    Residing likes this.
    09-09-14 07:55 PM
    You are kidding right? Spend a few hours reading die hard iphone comments all over the internet, they are not impressed,lol. It's about time they woke up from a lemming state.
    09-09-14 08:01 PM
    Your thoughts on iPhone 6 and Apple Watch-img_20140909_121612.png

BBM already has a sticker for the Apple watch.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    09-09-14 08:06 PM
    Looks like the Iphone 6 didn't impress the market, wich is good, means that the Passport has better oportunity to make it's move and show up as something NEW, a new concept of smartphone.

There's not much buzz to do about the iphone, it's just a Iphone 5s in a bigger shell.

The BIG iOS and Android flagships (iphone 6 and galaxy S5) failed to impress, so it seems that's the right moment for the Passport to get in, Android and iOS never were so vulnerable as they are today
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    09-09-14 08:16 PM
    My biggest surprise was that there were no surprises today. Everything was exactly what tech bloggers were predicting (2 phones with bigger screens, inclusion of nfc, new smartwatch). I thought Apple had a few cool things still up their sleeve but no. Not even the rumoured saphire glass.

Much more excited for the passport release now. Innovative hardware, 10.3 and really excited to see what Blend is all about. And I hope that unlike Apple there might even be an unexpected surprise or two!

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    09-09-14 08:26 PM
    I was impressed how Apple had P. Diddy live streaming through all his social media channels to his millions of followers - marketing!
    Love or hate Apple the are masters of marketing. Seriously have it down patt.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 08:37 PM
    Look, what sums it all up is that Apple can put out just about anything and all the iSheep (as someone put it lol) will come running.

It could be the worst trash ever, but it's IPHONE.

Why?

Cuz Apple spent millions (and still spends) on advertising their iphones. Everywhere.

And that makes it "in".
    And that's all mainstream people care about.

BlackBerry needs to advertise their awesome phones. PERIOD

Every last penny BlackBerry has should be used to tell the world the awesomeness of BlackBerry

Oh.... and "'ts never too late.."
    09-09-14 08:38 PM
    My thoughts, in short:

iPhone 6: Pretty nice
    iPhone 6 plus: Why?
    iWatch: Meh
    09-09-14 08:45 PM
    This shows this is definitely the Tim Cook era. I'm sure if you look at the margins on these items they will be good margin sales. Tim Cook is not a visionary he is a bean counter through and through. Minor tweaks and fixes and a slightly bigger screen is all the innovation he can muster. Unfortunately apple was always an innovator and someone that always lead the pack now they are just following the lead. To me this phone and watch are just not up to the standards of apple. Its a bust if anything. I'm sure the apple diehards will run and lineup for it but its nothing more then a follower. Ooooh NFC that new technology that's been around for 10 years. My question is What is new here. Even the battery life isn't going to be a leader. Sorry Apple your innovation days are over

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-09-14 09:00 PM
    I am not impressed by what this phone looks like. A few minor changes here and there, but nothing to give the wow factor.

I personally do not have anything against Apple, but in my opinion, they are boring.

Last, that marketing scam they did with puff puff give daddy did nothing for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 09:03 PM
    Looks like the Iphone 6 didn't impress the market, wich is good, means that the Passport has better oportunity to make it's move and show up as something NEW, a new concept of smartphone.

There's not much buzz to do about the iphone, it's just a Iphone 5s in a bigger shell.

The BIG iOS and Android flagships (iphone 6 and galaxy S5) failed to impress, so it seems that's the right moment for the Passport to get in, Android and iOS never were so vulnerable as they are today
    I agree with most of what you said.

Android however will not be tamed....iOS is the vulnerable one of the two.
    09-09-14 09:05 PM
    How about giving away 500000 U2 albums, gotta wonder about that!

At a couples of bucks each U2 is up a billion dollars.

And it's available on iCloud (beside naked girls) or is it pushed out whether you want it on not. I have not U2 since 1981, no thanks for me

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    I doubt they paid U2 a billion$! Lol
    They probably signed them for a few millions... maybe 50... even 50 is a lot!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 09:05 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140909_121612.png 
Views:	963 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	296818

BBM already has a sticker for the Apple watch.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    Haha! That's a good one!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 09:06 PM
    Did Apple come out with some new products? Oh I forgot, I don't care I use Blackberry. Pretty sad that Crackberry has more Apple news then Blackberry, is there no place for the Apple people to go to?
    The Big Picture likes this.
    09-09-14 09:56 PM
    I'm surprised no one mentioned the price of the iWatch. $349 freakin' dollars!! And nobody has yet said exactly what problem the iWatch solves just as Apple has not explained exactly why we need it in the first place.

And Apple Pay should seriously be called iPay, because that's exactly what you'll be doing if you buy into all this.

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed and cman5 like this.
    09-09-14 10:44 PM
    well i can tell you one thing, while the fanboys were rallying up the price, i sold my aapl stock before wall street got wind of how disappointing their new products are!
    09-09-14 11:03 PM
199 12345 ...