These are my thoughts after Apple Keynote

Iphone :
    Not very impressed, Seems like a bigger iphone with 5s hardware inside, While the outside is nice and sleek, the hardware inside and software doesn't seem to provide much more than a Iphone 5s in a bigger shell and screen. The protruding camera doesn't look very "apple".

Apple Watch
    I'm not very carried away with this new Smartwatch thing, but I was lot more impressed by this one, It seems like it adds some quite cool functionality to the already existing smartwatches. I liked the interaction with the knoob and the pulse in your wrist seemed quite clever. Also liked the comunication by drawing stuff. Still don't think is enought to make me want a smartwatch

Conclusion
    I expected more from the iphone 6, didn't expect much from the Apple watch, but ended up being what impressed me the most.

What are your thoughts?
    CherokeeMarty likes this.
    09-09-14 02:34 PM
    I was very impressed by the iwatch not what I expected @ all and I love what they did with the emojis and I wished BlackBerry would have put out BBM Money before iwallet or whatever it's called lol didn't really see the event going off what I read

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 02:41 PM
    If you turn the iPhone 6 upside down, you'll have the new iPhone 9!

Posted via CB from my Z10
    09-09-14 02:41 PM
    I was impressed how Apple had P. Diddy live streaming through all his social media channels to his millions of followers - marketing!
    09-09-14 02:43 PM
    The apple I watched impressed me until I realised you might have to charge it twice a day. Which makes it completely useless to me and you have to remove the watch to charge it, not even a cable can help you charge in the car.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 02:55 PM
    That camera design alone could make the next resurrection happen....Steve would be pissed and would never have allowed that "appendage" stuck on the back of his phone.

I get it, they want thin but the camera needs depth....just doesn't look like an Apple product I have come to know.

It just shows to me the Steve Jobs era is gone...they followed with the wearable and made no real leap, their phone is just a larger one from last year.
    09-09-14 02:57 PM
    But they have NFC and will do tap to pay....oh wait, we've had that for over a decade!

I guess if Apple can drive to widespread adoption of nfc it will be a plus for BlackBerry users.

Flicked out via Zed30
    David in Durham likes this.
    09-09-14 03:07 PM
    F2.2 large aperture with Optical Image Stabilization for Plus version. This better be good

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 03:17 PM
    But they have NFC and will do tap to pay....oh wait, we've had that for over a decade!

I guess if Apple can drive to widespread adoption of nfc it will be a plus for BlackBerry users.

Flicked out via Zed30
    From what we saw it is USA only for payments, but agree that the push for NFC will help now that Apple has invented it. ;-)

Z30 144GB
    swapnilsj likes this.
    09-09-14 03:18 PM
    I think the iPhone 6 is the most substantial upgrade in a few years, though that isn't saying a lot. The visual is just an incremental upgrade. I note that the Z30 has had similar rounded glass edges for the past year. Hardware upgrade seems worthwhile, though it's hard to tell with Apple's proprietary design.

UI improvements seem worthwhile. NFC is big, and so is the watch, whether anyone wants to admit it or not. These are worthwhile technologies that most consumers have largely dismissed; Apple's adoption of them validates their use.
    Ealaionta and mundo472 like this.
    09-09-14 03:25 PM
    Iphone:
    Really what I've expected a gorgeaus looking device with underpowered features that will be of course heavily overpriced. The 6 (5,5 model) same just even bigger and a least a bit more powerful

iWatch:
    So now that Apple has invented the "smartwatch" what will happen next ? Doesn't look ugly but I think the LG G R and Moto 360 are at least trying to resemble a somewhat non digital watch.

conclusion:
    The Iwatch did surprise me but nothing I'd be interested in. Iphone 6 as expected
    09-09-14 03:27 PM
    The biggest takeaway from the iPhone 6/6+ launch is that they gave the consumers exactly what they have been clamoring for.

They've covered the somewhat larger phone as well as the Phablet concepts that are selling well today in the consumer market.

They overstated the Mobile Payments a bit, as I don't think Apple's jumping into the game necessarily will make it more popular, but more that they're jumping into the game right on the cusp of the service already about to explode anyway (pretty much every retailer is expected to conform within the next year, with or without Apple).

My only real criticism, is that the basic iPhone6 model will not have HD display resolution whereas the 6plus will. Mainly because of battery consumption. I attribute that to the desire to focus on a thinner device, when they could have easily sacrificed 1 millimeter to accommodate a better battery for the basic 6 model.

Penned via Tapatalk
    09-09-14 03:32 PM
    The protruding camera will be a huge problem for those who don't use a case cover. When they place the phone down, that piece will get most of the brunt on that side of the phone. I can see that piece chip or eventually break as people put it down on a coffee table or anything hard.
    undone likes this.
    09-09-14 03:36 PM
    Will this "kill" the Passport release? I'm afraid it will injure it big time.
    09-09-14 03:38 PM
    iPhone 5 + NFC + OS upgrade = iPhone 6
    iPhone 6 - NFC = iPhone 5

I don't understand why anyone will run out and upgrade their phone if it is less than 2 years old.

Watch ...... the solution to the problem that doesn't exist.
    09-09-14 03:41 PM
    Most potential Passport buyers aren't even interested in this gimmick

I really see nothing better in this other than the bigger screen (still apple may just break all sales records)

What is the design element? From 5 to 5s the just made it longer and now they just made the phone bigger and broader and stupidly stuck the camera at the back which your bound to damage cause that's the first thing in contact at the bottom and then they'll charge you a bomb just to fix something they dint place properly

Posted via CB10
    NYTOC83 and damien kupuku like this.
    09-09-14 03:46 PM
    Doubt it. Passport was and is always going to a smaller audience by default. Apple is to general consumer market.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    different target markets it will have the influence as the Note 4 = none.The passport is a very unique device in a lot of ways
    Apple Watch, although cool marketing wise, is disappointing mainly cause they seem to have failed on execution this time (missing holiday season, available sometime beginning next year... sound like BlackBerry)

IPhone now looks like the S4... or S5... whichever they are at

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 03:48 PM
    iPhone 5 + NFC + OS upgrade = iPhone 6
    iPhone 6 - NFC = iPhone 5

I don't understand why anyone will run out and upgrade their phone if it is less than 2 years old.

Dude... you are harshing my newly released Apple super-duper never before seen ever gadget buzz. Kindly cease with your logic.

On the serious side: Nothing jumped out at me. The watch was cool but not so jaw dropping awesome. The apps will make the watch and not the other way around. If I was a Borg(Applehead) I might get excited by what the main hive is putting out but I am not.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    Last edited by LoneStarRed; 09-10-14 at 12:51 PM.
    00stryder likes this.
    09-09-14 03:48 PM
    The protruding camera will be a huge problem for those who don't use a case cover. When they place the phone down, that piece will get most of the brunt on that side of the phone. I can see that piece chip or eventually break as people put it down on a coffee table or anything hard.
    I don't think it will be a problem... The Passport has it, the Galaxy S5 has, and many others have it.... Well, it is a problem because it's easy to scratch, but the market won't be too worried
    09-09-14 03:57 PM
    The biggest takeaway from the iPhone 6/6+ launch is that they gave the consumers exactly what they have been clamoring for.

They've covered the somewhat larger phone as well as the Phablet concepts that are selling well today in the consumer market.

They overstated the Mobile Payments a bit, as I don't think Apple's jumping into the game necessarily will make it more popular, but more that they're jumping into the game right on the cusp of the service already about to explode anyway (pretty much every retailer is expected to conform within the next year, with or without Apple).

My only real criticism, is that the basic iPhone6 model will not have HD display resolution whereas the 6plus will. Mainly because of battery consumption. I attribute that to the desire to focus on a thinner device, when they could have easily sacrificed 1 millimeter to accommodate a better battery for the basic 6 model.

Penned via Tapatalk
    Totaly agree... most apple users didn't realy care about the specs, but they did want a bigger screen. And lets face it, the 5s hardware still is on par with top of the range androids in performance, But yeah, I would expect apple to launch something not on par, but Superior, like when the 5S came out, it crushed the competition on speed

But I disagreewhen you say Apple watch won't get more interest in Smartwatches... I personaly think that now that apple launched a Smartwatch and NFC, there will be A LOT more interest in those technologies
    21stNow and Residing like this.
    09-09-14 04:00 PM

People used to say the exact same thing about iPods because Walkmans already existed for portable music.....
    09-09-14 04:06 PM
    I don't think it will be a problem... The Passport has it, the Galaxy S5 has, and many others have it.... Well, it is a problem because it's easy to scratch, but the market won't be too worried
    Missed my point...its not a Steve Jobs type design, you know....the guy that started this monolith and at its core of success was that he had the ability to design beautiful devices that did beautiful things in a beautiful way.

Now the iPhone looks more like the rest of the candy bars out there, what of "Think Different"?
    09-09-14 04:06 PM
    Totaly agree... most apple users didn't realy care about the specs, but they did want a bigger screen. And lets face it, the 5s hardware still is on par with top of the range androids in performance, But yeah, I would expect apple to launch something not on par, but Superior, like when the 5S came out, it crushed the competition on speed

But I disagreewhen you say Apple watch won't get more interest in Smartwatches... I personaly think that now that apple launched a Smartwatch and NFC, there will be A LOT more interest in those technologies
    The biggest problem is that they launch the smartwatch and they will miss the holiday season.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 04:07 PM
199 123 ...