8 25.81%
  • Upgrading from a 3GS.

2 6.45%
  • Coming from an Android Device.

1 3.23%
10-18-11 10:22 PM
51 123
tools
    OK, sorry. Just from reading most of your post I just assumed. Sorry again.
    Accidental Post likes this.
    10-11-11 08:13 PM
    Hey guys, can we switch back to the English Language?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Accidental Post likes this.
    10-11-11 09:37 PM
    Getting 1 of each thanks....

10-11-11 09:54 PM
    I don't think we will have any on this forum, but over on Macrumors there is a thread on "where are you coming from." There are people coming from WinMo, but even more interesting, there are people coming over finally from feature (aka dumb) phones, which I think is pretty interesting. I mean, we're talking the good ol' fashioned Nokia candy bar phones turned iPhone people.
    10-12-11 02:01 AM
    I'm on ip4 with ios5... i like it alot. Going for ip4s, I used a bb a long time ago. I'm sure they're better now but back then they were boring
    10-13-11 10:08 AM
    9900 and happy
    10-13-11 10:11 AM
    since my hubby & 1 of my daughters got their iP4 in July-ish, I started to become interested in. Then I started seeing what the iP4S has avail, and the 'siri' option is something I'd get use out of everyday without a doubt, when I'm driving I won't have to pull over to answer a call or tx from one of my kids.

I've been a bb user for 4yrs, & I've been considering switching for a couple of mths now-i just need to wait till an upgrade is avail on our family acct to do so

But I can say, prob sometime in the (near)future I will be switching I do have an iPad 1st gen for close to 2yrs now & I love it !!

Just to add, I've already decided on a white either 16 or 32g and have the website bookmarked for the cover I want for it as well nothing like planning for the future lol
    http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=55114

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 10-14-11 at 08:08 AM.
    10-13-11 01:40 PM
    I just got in iPhone today for the **** of it, and it seems well how do i say this nicely, what the f&^$%( is this thing? Ipod touch with a 3G antena?

I dont hate apple before you go on calling me a crackberry fan, but seriously i been trying to figure out for hours now what this phone does that makes ppl go stupid over it. it has one button :\ some hidden menus somewhere?

apple makes 1 model 1 phone same os on all platforms that do all the same crap

I wouldnt be ranting on but i just cannot understand why ppl would pay for this glorified ipod and call it a phone

Anyhow Im now a proud owner of a brand new iPhone but i dont think u could pay me enough to use it as a phone instead of my blackberry. Well i will give it one +, it will make a great toy for my 8 yr old daughter

Sorry if i offended anyone but this really isnt a phone.
    10-13-11 05:06 PM
    What model did you get? So you've spent less than a day with this device and have concluded that it's inferior? I've had every gsm BlackBerry has released on AT&T. I've had at least a dozen HTCs, Nokias, Samsungs, Palms, etc. And I can tell you the i4 I currently have tops therm all, in every way, except maybe the email on the BB. I mean it's your choice, they are not for everybody, but give it a week or two and you'll see what it does. Just my opinion.
    10-13-11 06:59 PM
    I'm considering making the switch from a 9700.. been thinking about the new 9860 when it comes out, but not sure now that the 4S is coming along.. I have many questions though

...like can you make your own themes?

...how hard is it to unlock..er, sorry.. jailbreak.. an iphone?

...can an iphone "chat" with a BB using BBM?

where is the SIM card located? can you remove it easily?

what about the battery? can these be replaced or is it "sealed" like an ipod?
    10-13-11 09:33 PM
    I've been switching between a Bold 9650 and OG Droid the last few years and will be getting my first iPhone in the form of a black 32 gb 4S! Should be arriving at my house in Oregon today but have to wait for my dad to ship it down to me here in the Bay Area. Gonna be a long weekend of watching everyone play with their new phones on the forums and on YouTube

10-14-11 07:22 AM
    Can't vote....no option for me.
    Would have voted if you'd had an "going iPhone4S but most definitely not leaving BB, will use both devices" option!
    I tried a 3GS and returned. A recent experiment with an Atrix was a failure for me. Going iP4S because I have a phone addiction.
    10-14-11 07:50 AM
    What model did you get? So you've spent less than a day with this device and have concluded that it's inferior? I've had every gsm BlackBerry has released on AT&T. I've had at least a dozen HTCs, Nokias, Samsungs, Palms, etc. And I can tell you the i4 I currently have tops therm all, in every way, except maybe the email on the BB. I mean it's your choice, they are not for everybody, but give it a week or two and you'll see what it does. Just my opinion.
    Yea u probably right, hard to judge it in 1 day i suppose, I love my ipod touch it does exactly what it is intended for,... music and toying around on the safari browser. However the iPhone4 i just got with iOS5 btw i see no diference from previous iOS other then a IM or wtv apple calls it. but like u said this is my first time using iphone.

Sorry to say the iPhone just seems like a ipod slapped together with a 3G antena, im just not seeing many options, as far as a "Communication" device.

I cant switch anyways as i depend on BBM, BBM groups, email, and BBM calender for my work, not to mention a physical keyboard, unless apple makes a device with a keyboard, but i figured id buy an iphone and see what its all about. So far not impressed as a phone i'll keep toying with it for a few more days.
    10-14-11 09:11 AM
    I'm considering making the switch from a 9700.. been thinking about the new 9860 when it comes out, but not sure now that the 4S is coming along.. I have many questions though

...like can you make your own themes?

...how hard is it to unlock..er, sorry.. jailbreak.. an iphone?

...can an iphone "chat" with a BB using BBM?

where is the SIM card located? can you remove it easily?

what about the battery? can these be replaced or is it "sealed" like an ipod?
    1. As far as themes go, I don't believe that's possible without jailbreaking the phone.

2. I'm not sure how easy it is, my husband had his 3G jailbroken and at one point my 3Gs was jailbroken, but I didn't like it and went back to stock before I switch to my 9800. I don't like themes on my BlackBerry either... I prefer stock.

3. No, iPhones do not have access to BBM. Currently, that is a BB only feature.

4. Not sure about the SIM, I've always had different SIM cards and never carried SIMs over from my other phones.

5. Battery is sealed in the back. If your battery dies, you can send it in to Apple or replace the device.
    10-14-11 09:28 AM
    I hear ya. I guess that's why there are so many devices out there. Anyway, good luck with your decision.
    10-14-11 09:29 AM
    Well, I went from a BB 9650 to an iPhone 4. Then from the iPhone 4 to the BB 9930. But, even though my 9930 was an awesome phone, I was in line this am picking up my new 4s! It is awesomely fast and the Siri is amazing. These were the things (and my wife steady nagging about me not having an iPhone like her anymore) is what helped me decide.
    10-14-11 11:43 AM
    If I have to type on a screen the Driod does it better.

I'm with BB........... for now.
    How EXACTLY does Droid do it better? I have typed on all 3 and iPhone's keyboard is 1000's of times better than any Android keyboard!
    10-14-11 11:46 AM
    How EXACTLY does Droid do it better? I have typed on all 3 and iPhone's keyboard is 1000's of times better than any Android keyboard!
    I'll test this out, when my iPhone arrives. Froyo's keyboard was okay, but Gingerbread is much better, especially copy/paste.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    10-14-11 02:07 PM
    IM MAKING THE SWITCH AND I AM EXCITED
    (Previous 64gb playbook and torch 9810 owner going to iphone 4s)
    I still appreciate bb and what it has to offer though
    10-14-11 11:17 PM
    Me! I upgraded to the 9930 and didn't like it. I went back to my 9650 and will soon get the iphone 4S. I was one that said I would never leave BB, but I'm bored. It's time to try something new!

This is what happened to me also
    10-14-11 11:42 PM
    I'll try not to set my expectations unreasonably. I'm welcoming this addition (like it can't come soon enough) so my Android device(s) can be free to be messed with. I won't have to worry about missing calls because I'm too busy fiddling with my phone :P
    10-15-11 03:02 AM
    I got the iPhone 4S and the 9900 on the same day. I'm waiting for the PlayBook to be able to operate as a standalone blackberry, complete with PIM, bum, etc. If that doesn't happen with OS 2.0, I'm selling both my 9900 and PlayBook.

Oh, and technically, I'm leaving my Torch 9800 for the 4S.
    10-15-11 07:01 AM
    i think alot of people are making the switch as well
    10-15-11 09:14 AM
    I'm in the process of making the switch. I got the iPhone4S for a discount so I'm giving it a try.

I've had a BB for 3yrs, and have the new 9900 as well.

I'm surprised at how fast the PUSH email is on the iPhone4S...I got emails faster than my BB. Also, SIRI is AMAZING. No need to look down and type, I can just talk and it'll type things out for me. It is also VERY accurate in speech recognition.

I'll play with it a bit more and do a review. I've played/owned the BB 9000, 9900, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S2 and this is my first iPhone.
    10-15-11 07:55 PM
    great poll
    10-18-11 10:20 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD