From a full charge, I seem to only be able to get around 8 hours out of the battery with pretty light usage. Turned off wifi and location services, but keep 3G on. I have 6 email accounts (2 push, the rest fetch on 1 hr. intervals). Is this normal? I used to be able to go at least a whole day on my Pearl with wifi, and never even turned wifi off. Thought the 3GS advertised longer battery power?!
    09-29-09 01:06 PM
    I have four email accounts, I regularly use my ipod on the phone for at least an hour a day, I text a lot, use the WIFI a lot...

And I regularly get 2 days out of the battery. Given, I don't actually talk on the phone THAT much. It's so odd because I've never had any problem with my battery or battery life. I had a G1 and the battery life on that was a million times worse. Of course, my curve beat them all, but the iPhone is so amazing when compared....

From a full charge, I seem to only be able to get around 8 hours out of the battery with pretty light usage. Turned off wifi and location services, but keep 3G on. I have 6 email accounts (2 push, the rest fetch on 1 hr. intervals). Is this normal? I used to be able to go at least a whole day on my Pearl with wifi, and never even turned wifi off. Thought the 3GS advertised longer battery power?!
    09-29-09 02:09 PM
    I have four email accounts, I regularly use my ipod on the phone for at least an hour a day, I text a lot, use the WIFI a lot...

And I regularly get 2 days out of the battery. Given, I don't actually talk on the phone THAT much. It's so odd because I've never had any problem with my battery or battery life. I had a G1 and the battery life on that was a million times worse. Of course, my curve beat them all, but the iPhone is so amazing when compared....
    I wonder if it is region specific... meaning, I notice you are in the Southwest. For some reason, whenever I travel to Vegas to visit friends, my Pearl used to last about 3 or 4 days without needing a charge, but back home in the Northeast, I could only go one day without a charge. Maybe so many cell towers here that it keeps switching between towers for the best signal? I don't know, but something's not right. Brand new iPhone that I just got last Friday, btw.
    09-29-09 02:27 PM
    So far (4days) yes. I am surprised by this.
    At least 11 hours of moderately heavy usage.

I have read that apple is aware of this and they offer some kind of monitoring of users device so that they can resolve this.
    But u need to report the problem to apple so they're aware.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 02:49 PM
    Yes, there is a slight possibility you could have a faulty battery. Regardless, I would contact Apple Customer Care and let them know of the issue if you're still experiencing it.

Initally when I got my iPhone I thought I had an issue with my battery, but turns out that Location Services sucks up a lot of the juice, and I frequently take advantage of airplane mode when I know I won't get a signal. Remember, if you ain't using it, turn it off.
    09-29-09 04:32 PM
    my battery life sux. i complained to apple n they said it was normal. wtf
    09-29-09 10:23 PM
    I would have to say yes... no other phone on the market deliveries what this device delivers and maintains a better battery level. The screen size, the html email, video quality, wifi power (it seems the wifi on this is better than any device I've used), web browser, camera app, photos & threaded sms!

Would I like it to be better? Yes, but I'm realistic... I get 12 hours out of mine with full blown usage that includes: hundreds of sms, emails, twitter (all day long), web browsing, a little IM here and there, and about an hour of phone calls. If you use the phone to talk, then this is where you'll lose a lot of battery power... most users with bad battery life use their phone to talk.
    09-29-09 11:56 PM
    Thanks for everyones' comments. Strange, but I just charged my phone to 100% at 9pm last nite, and with light usage, it's now over 12 hours later, and I still have 49% on the phone, so apparently something fixed itself. This is the first time since I got the phone last Friday that I got over 8 hours from the battery. Weird. I did shut down the phone and restarted it a few times..maybe that fixed it?
    09-30-09 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD