Now I see how Apple bullies the media.

Apples efforts to deny information is going to cause them a lot of grief!!!

German magazine handed Apple event ban for iPhone 6 Plus bend test

Posted using my amazing and intelligent Z10
    lift, tryfe, Clanked and 2 others like this.
    09-30-14 09:54 PM
    I suppose we'll start seeing other organizations banned as well given that "apple is punishing those that speak the truth" unless something else is going on. Time will tell.
    09-30-14 10:01 PM
    I suppose we'll start seeing other organizations banned as well given that "apple is punishing those that speak the truth" unless something else is going on. Time will tell.
    Are you trying to deflect Apple's actions by implying there's something else going on? Are you part of Apple's "bad Apple PR must be burried" department?

Posted via CB10
    tryfe and lift like this.
    09-30-14 11:05 PM
    I am bent over laughing lol

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    serbanescu likes this.
    09-30-14 11:21 PM
    It's a dictature!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 11:32 PM
    Hmmm...

So the verge and the likes, bashing and putting down BlackBerry endlessly is a sign of loyalty to iPhone so they can remain in the un-blacklist territory and continue to receive benefits and free phone's from apple...

Just my theory.

That is dirty. It's like martial law of smartphones to silence the truth and to bring down competitors via their cohort media.

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 | 10.2.1.3247 iPhone 4s IOS 7.xx
    09-30-14 11:39 PM
    Wow

Posted via my Z30
    10-01-14 12:51 AM
    I don't understand why this would surprise anybody. Jobs himself was great at manipulating the media. Reporters who made him happy got more access. The ones who pissed him off got banned.

Obviously, media relations is an art, but Apple wields its power a little more aggressively than most.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and StormieTwo like this.
    10-01-14 01:04 AM
    Quite a difference compared to BlackBerry providing Passports to a large number of "reviewers" that have been, and continue to, basically question it's very existence regardless of any progress or device merits.

That said, other than their publicly disclosed financials, I guess Apple is within their right to manage who they give access to their PR stuff. It's the most valuable part of who they are,.. so maybe BlackBerry should take a page out of their book.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 01:22 AM
    "?The Apple ?blacklist? for most journalists appears to result from some combination of criticism, cynicism or coverage about specific topics ? or breaking the company?s ?rules? for coverage,? Elgan wrote. ?For example, criticizing Steve Jobs, Apple?s history and culture, or super-harshly criticizing their products will gain most journalists lifelong inclusion on the ?blacklist.??"

LOL....

If that was BlackBerry, there would be no one but BlackBerry fan site editors left to write reviews.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 and Tompire like this.
    10-01-14 01:29 AM
    And BlackBerry wouldn't have done the same if it were them in the same situation?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 03:14 AM
    And BlackBerry wouldn't have done the same if it were them in the same situation?

Posted via CB10
    It's stupid for any company doing that

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB likes this.
    10-01-14 03:16 AM
    Hello Thunderbuck, I normally appreciate your comments as you appear to be insightful and intelligent. I do think that your comment that you have no idea why anyone would be surprised by this...

You need to realize that many new members to CrackBerry and are unaware of a lot of history of BlackBerry and Apple.

I visit this site daily and always felt in my gut that BlackBerry was continually beaten down by the media for the smallest misstep. Apple could do no wrong regardless of their error.

To me the German media firm being targeted, biased and punished was shocking. This behaviour needs to be placed front and centre.

For all the iSheep out there blindly supporting Apple.

I think that this action will be a black eye on Apple( if what happened isn't buried.

10-01-14 06:42 AM
    @devin266
    no Mr. Chen put a contract on both The Verge reviewer and "Embodiment of boring" author's heads...
    At least it would be the rational commensurate measure (as those 2 are way more outrageous towards Blackberry than Ze germansss are with Apple) in that kind of Apple's approach to media handling.
    10-01-14 06:49 AM
    BlackBerry has done the same over the years. Ask BGR staff. Ask T-MOBILE.

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    sentimentGX4 and m1a1mg like this.
    10-01-14 06:59 AM
    Crapple marketing department gets new knee pads every week. So it will be buried and forgotten, just like you're holding it wrong.

Waiting for the next big update for Talk2Watch Pro.
    10-01-14 07:00 AM
    Are you saying that side of Apple is crooked ?
    10-01-14 07:05 AM

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    Really? I figured they'd be no one left to review any BlackBerry products if that was the case.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    10-01-14 07:55 AM

For all the iSheep out there blindly supporting Apple.

I think that this action will be a black eye on Apple( if what happened isn't buried.

You all need to venture out of CB more. This isn't new behavior on Apple's part. See Gizmodo, who has only now gotten at least partially back in Apple's good graces. Katie Cotton ran a hard ship. BBRY could have used someone like her.

I imagine such behavior isn't uncommon for most high-visibility companies. Be real.
    10-01-14 08:28 AM
    The success of products like the top 4 phones is much more about developing a 'cult of personality' around the item and less about the standalone merits of the product itself. Ideally, once you get beyond the hype, you find a great product. Very little research is necessary to show that Apple is not an innovator in the cell phone market; following others with features that BlackBerry, Samsung and others included much earlier only to take the credit for the innovation.

And as when building any cult, you must put YOUR story out there and eliminate, neutralize, and remove from the group those that report it differently because in a 'cult of personality' what if it's reported by enough people the same way then it is the truth.

Companies do this all the time. It's called a public relations department. The successful ones write the 'facts' while the other might actually be creating and delivering the real facts.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:34 AM
    This proves Apples controls over media. "Do as we say and knowone gets hurt, got it".

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:45 AM
    Do none of you think BB did this when they were on top?
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    10-01-14 08:58 AM

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    What did BlackBerry do to BGR? They contacted them and told them they will not receive advance hardware or be included in PR events? From a bad BB product review? Curious about this.
    10-01-14 09:09 AM
    Apple is known for doing this. Lewis from Unbox Therapy talked about this while he was on the Joe Rogan Experience Podcast. He mentions how only people that are apple fanboys will get the device and talks about the "blacklist". Also mentions how TheVerge is apples b1tch.

10-01-14 09:10 AM
    I think it would be awesome to be on their blacklist. Like a badge of honor.

Posted via CB10
    Gilda675 and nyplaya610 like this.
    10-01-14 01:50 PM
41 12