02-10-10 06:55 PM
32 12
tools
    Exactly... I think far too many people misunderstand that this is where most of us are coming from. We're not hating the product, just saying that with something this size, it would have been nice to have some new capabilities along with it. Bottom line, seems like Apple took the easy way out with this one and that's what makes it lame.... and disappointing.
    Precisely. I was really excited and liked the look and premise of it. And then started to read all that was lacking on it. To say that functionalities are missing because something is coming that is better is a massive rationalization. And then, to bring in the Blackberry to a conversation that had nothing to do with a Blackberry, is deflecting the focus on the fact that the product is missing something that should be there in order to make it palatable for some numbers of people.

What does this product add that doesn't already exist? What new functionality in the tablet world does it have that needs to be highlighted?
    02-09-10 04:03 PM
    Probably a bit off topic but...

That's a good point but if you really watch those round robin videos that
    involve Kevin checking out another device he seems almost clueless. Most
    especially with the iPhone. Almost like he was downplaying the other devices
    on purpose.
    oh yea totally agree with you I read then and listen to all the podcast and Kevin does a good job of seeming clueless bit I fond it highly unlikely he truly is. I believe it's more of a keeping his crowd pleased with his blackberry devotion type deal. No offense to Kevin but there isn't that much going on in the blackberry world not to notice the others.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 04:10 PM
    oh yea totally agree with you I read then and listen to all the podcast and Kevin does a good job of seeming clueless bit I fond it highly unlikely he truly is. I believe it's more of a keeping his crowd pleased with his blackberry devotion type deal. No offense to Kevin but there isn't that much going on in the blackberry world not to notice the others.

On the other hand, if he really is that "novice" about other devices, it proves beyond a reasonable doubt just how "closed off" BB users really are from other smartphone technologies. (They think they have the best in the world because they honestly don't know any better.)

It's funny that I've brought up this very same observation when I first saw/heard it and it got burried in the comments rather quickly... lol
    02-09-10 08:31 PM
    I actually didn't even watch those round robin's until you brought up that thread civic. Once I did I watched that Droid one and whatever came after that and was astounded on how much the devices were downplayed.

What was funnier is when it was his turn to show off the 9700. There was plenty of small talk and no real good selling job.

02-09-10 08:38 PM
    I watched all of the round robins which is how I found this site and i was actually bothered at how an owner of a site with this many members as well as an iPhone user downplayed most of the devices, and also, boasted about how the nexus 1's trackpad was out of date. I mean what about the entire Blackberry operating system, and the implementation of truncated emails.

02-09-10 08:56 PM
    Kind or a more blunt approach of what I was trying to portray but your exactly right. And this thing will sell to a variety of groups all for their own personal reasons I jus think the 18-22 crowd will suck this thing up.

im 21 and in college and our of everyone i know only one apple fanboy with too much of daddy's money is going to get it. It does NOTHING over a itouch besides a bigger screen. Laptops are used in class b.c u can take notes, record lectures; etc. Itouch has plenty of apps and its portable so its used as well. iPad is unneccessary and useless. No college student is going to want to carry a laptop, an iPad, and his phone. iPad is useless for the average college student. You can type faster on a laptop than any touch screen and speed is very important in taking notes in big lectures. And the iPad has no mic, so i couldn't record lectures like i can with my macbook.

Im a big apple fan but i hate the iPad.
    02-09-10 10:14 PM
    Like I said many times, it's geared more toward a bucks-up 40-something wifey-poo with blond hightlights her hair lol. It better have bluetooth 'cause she's heard you have to have it nowdays.
    Last edited by thebignewt; 02-10-10 at 06:57 PM.
    02-10-10 06:55 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD