06-23-11 02:18 PM
531 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I think for what i do on a phone, i would consider blackberry first than android. I hope RIM improves a lot rather quickly so i can do so.
    03-10-11 09:41 AM
    If the dual core QNX phones are around when my contract expires I will really want to take a look at them. If they work out any bugs the Playbook might have and have more interesting features and design than the iPhone 5 I might be tempted to switch back.
    03-11-11 01:47 PM
    I dont think it was the phone, as I had already had it replaced (after dropping in thewashing up bowl)
    It was caused when I had eifi enabled to use at home, then left the area, it would automatically switch to 3g, and I then couldnt turn off the wifi, so it would connect data, for a phone I paid alot of money for, it just wasnt good enough.
    As I make most of my calls holding the phone with my left hand it just wasnt worth having it.
    Have had my torch now for a few days, and yes its slightly sower, but so far no problems, am very happy with it (lets see if it lasts though......)
    03-11-11 02:04 PM
    I seriously doubt it.
    03-12-11 11:41 AM
    Not even for the blinking LED? Ha

I'm interested in reading the opinions in this thread!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I as well!!Good Question!!!

03-12-11 02:28 PM
    Never is tough to say, as we don't really know the future. Who's knows. Maybe apple goes to crap if steve jobs left. Or if RIM steps up huge on hardware and the qnx os is awesome.

However I'm sure we are safe to say that I will NEVER give up my iPhone 4 for any of the current blackberry devices.

Now that's a good reply,we never know what RIM mite bring n the months,but as of rite now I want to get something els.

03-12-11 02:37 PM
    I was a big Blackberry fan since my 8330. Then I had a Storm2 which was just a joke. I then went with the Original Moto Droid before just picking up the iphone4. And it seems I've finally arrived. All the nay Sayers for iPhone were nonATT customers until now. Now others can experience the marvel that is iOS in such a great package. I'm a proud iPhone user who just may never go back.

03-12-11 09:33 PM
    I'll say I'll never go back to Blackberry. I'm lucky enough to have an iPhone 4 and two other Android devices and there is not a chance I would ever go back to Blackberry.

RIM simply hasn't been aggressive enough as far as software and hardware. They might have a marginal improvement with QNX but it's too little too late. QNX should be running on new and improved BB devices today but nothing.

The build quality on Blackberry's are behind a few years. Plastic displays, plastic body's and old fashioned hardware keyboards make for a horrible user experience. Oh yeah and the next generation BB devices look exactly like the last generation....WTF?

For those who say Blackberry "it does what I want it to" you're a small minority that will accept third best and will settle for mediocrity.
    Last edited by JD914; 03-12-11 at 10:02 PM.
    03-12-11 10:00 PM
    I was (mostly) okay with my BB 8520, even with crashing caused by trying to connects to the Starbucks/Bell wi-fi hotspots, but the final nail in the coffin was an email from Yahoo saying they were changing their online Calendar/Contacts service.
    As a Rogers subscriber, I had used their partnered Rogers Yahoo! online PIM services and sync'd that with my Rogers-supplied BB, acquired because it had a sync to Yahoo. However, the New Yahoo does not sync with RIM's desktop and neither Yahoo or RIM seem in any hurry to fix it.

Letter to the Prez at Rogers had them discover the same thing and - after some to-and fro'ing - they just handed me an iPhone 4, which does sync with the New Yahoo.

Oh, and I can now log onto the Starbucks/Bell wi-fi, too!
    03-13-11 07:11 AM
    Just my .02 cents. I would never go back to a bb. You'd have to threaten to cut my nuts off before I would use one. It is only a matter of time before ALL (and I repeat ALL) blackberries turn into paper weights.

RIM is a dying company. They don't want to change and because of that they will eventually go under.
    03-13-11 08:42 AM
    I will get my iPhone this week and I doubt it very seriously if I will ever come back to BlackBerry. I have been looking at this phone for a while. I can not wait to activate it when I get it...
    03-14-11 05:03 PM
    I just got a torch from an iphone 4. I am pretty happy with the move.
    03-15-11 09:25 AM
    If u don't mind me asking, what made you go back to BB after having an iPhone?
    03-15-11 12:28 PM
    I did the complete opposite: sold my torch and got an iPhone 4. Couldn't be any happier!
    03-15-11 01:19 PM
    If u don't mind me asking, what made you go back to BB after having an iPhone?
    I need a communications device and there's no better phone for that than a bberry. The only game i had on the iphone was angry birds and rarely played it. Most of the apps i was regularly using are available for blackberry although yes, visually, they aren't quite as nice.

Having said that, i can just bang out emails, texts, and most of social media feeds. I didn't realize how much i missed bbm until i started using it with my gf who currently is in London for work and with family members in Europe and South America.

I feel i am always connected, the keyboard short cuts are great and the way the berry handles communication is unrivaled.

I am sure many will disagree with me but i feel the iphone is very media rich driven and that's very cool, it is just i need a phone and my ipad handles all other aspects that i am "missing" from the iphone experience.
    The LED indicator on the blackberry is awesome, i was always anxious to miss important messges with the iphone, i found myself sliding the unlock button almost every 2 minutes.
    03-16-11 08:15 AM
    I did the complete opposite: sold my torch and got an iPhone 4. Couldn't be any happier!
    Very very cool, the iphone is an awesome device!
    03-16-11 08:18 AM
    I need a communications device and there's no better phone for that than a bberry. The only game i had on the iphone was angry birds and rarely played it. Most of the apps i was regularly using are available for blackberry although yes, visually, they aren't quite as nice.

Having said that, i can just bang out emails, texts, and most of social media feeds. I didn't realize how much i missed bbm until i started using it with my gf who currently is in London for work and with family members in Europe and South America.

I feel i am always connected, the keyboard short cuts are great and the way the berry handles communication is unrivaled.

I am sure many will disagree with me but i feel the iphone is very media rich driven and that's very cool, it is just i need a phone and my ipad handles all other aspects that i am "missing" from the iphone experience.
    The LED indicator on the blackberry is awesome, i was always anxious to miss important messges with the iphone, i found myself sliding the unlock button almost every 2 minutes.
    Well said. You go with what works for you.

Fanboyism and bashing others for the phone they use is just an incredibly stupid waste of time.
    Thanks for making a 'grown up' post. I wish more people on the internet would do that.
    03-16-11 09:12 AM
    No I would never go back to BB. I lived with it for over 4 years and it was torture for me. I'm quite happy with the iPhone 4 as it does exactly what I need it to do at the speed I need it to do it at.
    03-16-11 04:14 PM
    I do miss a hardware thumb board - the iPhone's virtual one a little too fussy - but as long as one isn't writing 'War and Peace', I guess it'll do
    03-17-11 06:37 AM
    Not in a million years, I'd almost rather go without than go back to a Berry
    03-17-11 10:22 AM
    Not going back. The Thunderbolt does email and messaging better than BlackBerry. No reason to go back to the dark ages.

03-19-11 07:46 AM
    Interesting thread. Thanks to the OP.
    I'm seriously toying with the idea of switching to the iPhone (3GS or 4)...been using a Blackberry for the last 3 years (8900, 9700, and the 9780 now). The push email and BBM were the main dealbreakers for me....however, seein as the iP4 has push email, and that I wouldn't really miss BBM, I wanna defect!

One question to iPhone 4 users: Hows the battery life and the call quality on these phones?

M
    03-20-11 07:43 AM
    One question to iPhone 4 users: Hows the battery life and the call quality on these phones?

M
    The call quality is excellent. As for the battery life, if I use it the same way as I did my Bold, the battery life is fairly comparable. The Bold for me probably is slightly better but I do much more web surfing, watching videos, downloading etc.. than I ever did on the Bold because my internet experience was less than tolerable with the Bold. Had I used my Bold the way I use my iPhone, I'm sure the battery drain at the end of the day would be somewhat similar to the iphone with a slight edge going to the Bold. Overall, the battery on the iPhone 4 holds up quite well for what this phone does.
    bitemarx likes this.
    03-20-11 08:16 AM
    Would never say never, but there is nothing in RIM's current or anticipated lineup that would tempt me to switch back. Perhaps RIM will be competitive once again when their QNX phones come out in 2012, but they will have to wow me to bring me back. Every time I pick up my Tour (for my BES email), it reminds me that much of their 2011 lineup (the various Bold devices) are just slightly improved versions of the Tour.
    03-20-11 08:54 AM
    Would never say never, but there is nothing in RIM's current or anticipated lineup that would tempt me to switch back. Perhaps RIM will be competitive once again when their QNX phones come out in 2012, but they will have to wow me to bring me back. Every time I pick up my Tour (for my BES email), it reminds me that much of their 2011 lineup (the various Bold devices) are just slightly improved versions of the Tour.
    The Bold Touch coming out spec wise is not even comparable to the Tour. Touch screen.....nicer kb.......fast processor. I would bet the internet speed will be closer to the iphone than to the tour (pure speculation). Having said that, I can't wait for video comparing the 2 start popping up so I can make up my mind as to what phone I will be buying this summer!!
    03-20-11 06:04 PM
531 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD