06-23-11 02:18 PM
531 ... 34567 ...
tools
    no. blackberry will always be light years behind Android.
    02-12-11 07:43 PM
    I love it both ! The iPhone n blackberry
    N of course my lovely iPad
    Blackberry for work n iphone for Fun

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-11 08:16 PM
    i've been with BB since 2005 and just recently got an iphone 4. iOS is so much more refined, and i don't see myself going back to BB anytime soon. however, there are certain things that i prefer on the BB...

1. push and notification systems. i never realized how much i rely on the blinking led.

2. multitasking system. it was shocking to find out how unintuitive multitasking works on the iphone, considering that everything else on the iphone is so intuitive.

3. customizable sound profiles/bedside mode. such a simple, yet useful feature for BBs. not possible on the iphone's native apps.

4. crackberry. i have yet to find the equivalent for apple (anyone have any suggestions?)

i'm hoping most of these issues are moot if and when i decide to jailbreak
    02-12-11 11:10 PM
    I'm kinda stuck. I switch back and forth between my iPhone 4 and 9700 all the time. I'll use one for a few days and then switch back to the other. I started with a Curve 8330 in January 2009 and loved it. Then in January 2010 I got a Tour, but really wanted an iPhone. 4 months later I made the switch to AT&T and got the 3GS. I loved it for awhile and had no thoughts of switching back to Blackberry, but then last November I purchased a 9700 and used it up until the new year. Then I saw a friends iPhone 4 and fell in love with the look of it. I purchased one and used it for about a week until I was missing the Blackberry again. Now I go back and forth constantly and really wish I could make a final decision, lol. I'll think I'm convinced to stick with one or the other and then something will set me off and I'll switch back after a day or two. I'm always calling AT&T to switch my data from Blackberry to iPhone.

So yes, to answer your question, I go back and forth all the time. I'd really like to settle on one device but it seems impossible for me lol.
    02-13-11 05:20 AM
    Phillip, I was just like you. I went from a 9700 to a Torch, sold both and then i4. Used that for a few months, was missing BB again for LED, notifications, BBM etc. Picked up a 9780 and was going back and forth between the 2 for like a month. But when it all comes down to it I feel the i4 can just do so much more. I haven't turned my 9780 for a few weeks almost.

I mean if people just want a phone for business then maybe stick to BB if it isn't a phone to do other things. I use my i4 for business and personal. There is just so much to do on the i4 on downtime and just being bored sitting there. Amazing device and even so much better being jailbroken.
    02-13-11 06:12 AM
    I'm kinda stuck. I switch back and forth between my iPhone 4 and 9700 all the time. I'll use one for a few days and then switch back to the other. I started with a Curve 8330 in January 2009 and loved it. Then in January 2010 I got a Tour, but really wanted an iPhone. 4 months later I made the switch to AT&T and got the 3GS. I loved it for awhile and had no thoughts of switching back to Blackberry, but then last November I purchased a 9700 and used it up until the new year. Then I saw a friends iPhone 4 and fell in love with the look of it. I purchased one and used it for about a week until I was missing the Blackberry again. Now I go back and forth constantly and really wish I could make a final decision, lol. I'll think I'm convinced to stick with one or the other and then something will set me off and I'll switch back after a day or two. I'm always calling AT&T to switch my data from Blackberry to iPhone.

So yes, to answer your question, I go back and forth all the time. I'd really like to settle on one device but it seems impossible for me lol.
    How do you go back and forth between the two devices with the different sized slots for SIM cards?
    02-13-11 01:21 PM
    Microsim adapter is what's needed. Works perfect.
    02-13-11 01:58 PM
    I'd love to go back to BB. I really do miss the notification LED, ring profiles, tactile keyboard, etc. The iPhone makes it hard to switch back though.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the QNX devices can do when they come out.

I may get a used BB just to have two devices, and swap out the SIM, like Phillip9904 talked about.
    02-16-11 05:21 PM
    Not until a new OS it out. I will try it just like I try every other OS. But I will never be like some people that feel some kind of emotional connection to their device and loyalty to a company that just wants my money. I'll always choose the best device for me regardless of the company that makes it. So I will not touch another blackberry with the current OS. But in the future, will definitely give it a try to compare. I am not one to make biased statements about something I haven't tried like many others on this site.
    Shlooky likes this.
    02-17-11 09:22 AM
    How do you go back and forth between the two devices with the different sized slots for SIM cards?
    Not sure what he does but there are SIM card adapter where you can put a microSIM into it and it will be the size of a normal SIM to put into another phone. Kinda like a microSD card adapter.
    02-17-11 09:24 AM
    Not a chance unless I went back to the public sector and even then I doubt I would. RIM has gone downhill with their devices. I was very happy with my 3GS and all the apps that I wished I had on my BB's and am even happier with my iPhone 4. Granted I don't have the 32GB, but I don't keep much music on it, my 3 map programs take up more then anything else i have and still have 12GB free, that's including the movies I keep on it for long flights.
    02-17-11 10:37 AM
    There is no reason to go back to BB now since most of their phones are obsolete. I'll wait until their dual core QNX phones that are hopefully less bulky and full touchscreen based are released, whenever that will be.

I still have my Storm1 but I use the iPhone 99.9% of the time.
    02-17-11 04:16 PM
    I had a Bold on Sprint, and recently upgraded to v6.0.0.415. Prior to, and after the update, the device kept rebooting for no apparent reason. To add insult to injury, the web was a step backwards - compared to 5.0, and completely useless to me. One evening, while typing an email on the device, it reset itself. I threw a childish temper tantrum and hopped in my car and went to the Apple store. The rest is history.

I'm missing the tactile keyboard - can't get used to typing on touch screen (too many mistakes). I also miss the 'missed call' or 'VM' reminders as well as the LED and sound profiles I established with BerryBuzz. With the iPhone, I have to always remember to check for missed calls or VM's.

Other than those two issues, I love the UI and the device as a whole. I can't see myself going back to BB - unless the iPhone proves to be more of a nightmare than the BB was, which is doubtful.
    02-18-11 10:32 PM
    depends what you need in a phone.

between iphone4 and highest BB (torch), i4 wins hands down, but the only thing the BB is better is it multi task better. it has a slower processor but it was implemented better for it.

but i think BB will grow fast.
    02-19-11 12:06 AM
    I'll always miss the flashing light and I hope the new iPhone will have one. I've now got used to the touch screen keyboard and like it better than my 9700. For anyone who misses profiles there are profile programs in Cydia that are way better than BB because they work by time and calendar appointments as well as being able to switch manually. My 3GS was a great phone but now I've jailbroken it, it's an amazing phone thatdoes everything I need and more. I can't waitfor the next iPhone so I can upgrade. I was a long term BB user and never thought I would change. I've had a 9000, 8900, 8520 (company phone and total crap) and a 9700. I was so excited obout os6 but when it came was very disappointed so went and got a 3GS just to try it, I'll never go back unless rim really step it up. Once you've had black you never go back haha just the opposite for me.

02-19-11 02:44 AM
    Where can I find these sound profiles?

02-26-11 01:54 AM
    Whatever works for the individual, however, if you want to browse the net get a laptop or tablet. If you want to have a phone to make clear calls, text and email, get a BB. I have tried the iPhone and have friends and family that have iPhones. Whilethe graphics are amazing and the apps entertaining, the phone quality is not that good and the virtual keyboard like all virtual keyboards is no match for the BB.
    02-27-11 12:37 PM
    Whatever works for the individual, however, if you want to browse the net get a laptop or tablet. If you want to have a phone to make clear calls, text and email, get a BB. I have tried the iPhone and have friends and family that have iPhones. Whilethe graphics are amazing and the apps entertaining, the phone quality is not that good and the virtual keyboard like all virtual keyboards is no match for the BB.
    lol, nice first post. Verizon's iPhone makes the same clear calls you think BB makes. Plus, I've not had anyone complain about not being able to hear me when on speakerphone as opposed to the Storm BBs RIM made for the carrier. The S2 was much better at that since they redesigned the mic array. So, with the iPhone on Verizon, now you get an amazing browsing experience, full HTML email that doesn't get truncated after 32k bytes, etc. Everyone yacks about BB's physical keyboard, but with a virtual keyboard you have the benefit of browsing on a larger screen and using the keyboard in both landscape and portrait if you want to depending on mood or content you're working with. You can't do that with a physical keyboard BB.
    02-27-11 02:28 PM
    Im leaving iPhone 4 this week and getting a BB Torch.
    Main reasons
    Hate keypad, corrects random words incorrectly, and even after adding them to custom dictionary it STILL corrects them.
    Iphone is constantly losing 3g connection, and to get it back I have to restart the phone, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day.
    Call quality is terrible thanks to the whole cant hold it in your left hand when on a call thing.
    You have jailbreak if you want to do any customisation, I dont appreciate them telling me what I can and cant do with a phone I paid well 200 for.
    I miss BBM
    I miss the LED
    Multitasking cannot be switched off on iphone, so im usually running about 20millions apps before I remember to shut them all off.

Im keeping my iphone and will use it as an ipod touch for games and stuff that the BB doesnt have, but its no problem carrying round 2 deices, when I previously owned the bold I also had an ipod touch, so no different for me really.
    Last edited by purpleberry; 03-08-11 at 03:32 PM. Reason: adding another reason
    03-08-11 03:31 PM
    I will never return. I feel like I escaped Alcatraz.
    03-08-11 04:51 PM
    Never is tough to say, as we don't really know the future. Who's knows. Maybe apple goes to crap if steve jobs left. Or if RIM steps up huge on hardware and the qnx os is awesome.

However I'm sure we are safe to say that I will NEVER give up my iPhone 4 for any of the current blackberry devices.

GolfnCPA likes this.
    03-09-11 01:26 AM
    Never is tough to say, as we don't really know the future. Who's knows. Maybe apple goes to crap if steve jobs left. Or if RIM steps up huge on hardware and the qnx os is awesome.

However I'm sure we are safe to say that I will NEVER give up my iPhone 4 for any of the current blackberry devices.

I feel similarly. However, I think if Apple started serving up crap I would probably look at Android before I looked back at blackberry.

RIM had better step up on hardware and software. They need to really figure out how to focus on integration of features and simple ease of use.
    03-09-11 09:20 AM
    Apple's Safari is one of the reasons why I switched (from Bold 9700) so until RIM releases a Browser that can compete I won't be going back.

It wasn't the Browser, though I do like OS6 so I went back to Bold 9780 for several reasons...

1. I got the 64GB iPad 3G
    2. My brother wanted my 32GB iPhone 4, I could've made money off it but I sold it to him for $300. Used it towards my new Bold.
    3. I got tired of the Death Grip, Bluetooth issues while using my Coupe's Handsfree and Dropped Calls. I got Apple Store to exchange it before giving it to my brother.
    4. I do love both and iPhone 5 is just a couple of months away.
    03-09-11 12:21 PM
    @purpleberry:

You have to restart your phone 3-4 times a day to get a 3G connection? That's not normal, something else is wrong. If it's still under warranty, have it looked at.

As for having multiple apps open, don't sweat it.
    It's not like bb os, where open apps are sucking up system resources.
    Most of the time, everything in your app switcher tray is in a saved or frozen state.

Auto correct is just goofy sometimes.
    I refuse to defend it.
    03-09-11 04:50 PM
    Have to agree with AStranger, I would look at android before blackberry.
    03-09-11 05:02 PM
531 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD