06-23-11 02:18 PM
531 ... 23456 ...
tools
    is there a problem with the antenna on i4?
    01-21-11 06:47 PM
    is there a problem with the antenna on i4?
    yes there is..although I haven't had any problems from it. It drops signal strength if you grab the phone the wrong way. A plastic or rubber case solves the issue.
    01-21-11 06:57 PM
    Basically you are waiting for something, that will look exactly like iphone 4, I don't exactly believe it will be as a big jump for apple, like it was between ip3 to 4.

Sure, you gonna have the latest and the greatest, it's the same deal with cars too, and yet people still buy the 2010 model cars, despite that there is a new one in the make already, which will be a lot better, etc...
    You have just made my decision a lot easier..lol! I figured it wouldn't be much a difference physical-wise with the next iphone; and besides, I really like the iPhone 4.
    01-21-11 08:36 PM
    yes there is..although I haven't had any problems from it. It drops signal strength if you grab the phone the wrong way. A plastic or rubber case solves the issue.
    will an otter box work?
    01-21-11 11:44 PM
    Yes an otter box will work. Everyone keeps talkig about the antenna on the iPhone 4, but mine does not experience any of the issues described. From my understanding, the antenna problems only affected a small amount of the iPhone 4 users. I have yet to drop a phone call yet.

It may just be my phone use, currently I only use about 400 minutes a month on my 1400 minute plan. Lol. Most of my calls are confirming appointments or ordering a pizza. Most of my communication is through email and texts. And quiet honestly, my iPhone received email quicker than my blackberry did.
    01-22-11 05:54 PM
    as my sig says.. i would never ever go back
    01-22-11 07:28 PM
    I don't have an antenna issue either. I was an 8900 user before I went to the iPhone earlier this month. I wouldn't go back! The iPhone is a great device for me. I think it all depends on the user and what he or she needs/wants from a phone.
    01-23-11 05:52 PM
    After seeing what RIM has in their upcoming lineup I highly doubt it.
    01-23-11 07:05 PM
    I don't have an antenna issue either. I was an 8900 user before I went to the iPhone earlier this month. I wouldn't go back! The iPhone is a great device for me. I think it all depends on the user and what he or she needs/wants from a phone.
    Don't forget, that many BB users are new to the smartphone scene also. It's becoming popular and those who missed the bandwagon with the palms and the windows pocket devices, their first device will most likely be a BB, considering that they are a lot cheaper and more accessible. I visit Europe at least once a year and I'm seeing BBs everywhere where I saw no smartphone users before, only cheapo feature phones.
    The latest news about the sales indicate this, how BB is doing great by selling all over the world.

And of course we have the hardcore fans. Can't do nothing about them.
    Last edited by Shodan775; 01-23-11 at 08:52 PM.
    01-23-11 08:49 PM
    no, the bb platform is horribly outdated and judging from RIM's recent strategy that is not going to change.
    01-23-11 10:26 PM
    Was with At&T until yesterday and switch back to VZ with a 8330 waiting for the iphone. I have to say, the experience with blackberry still there, really reliable and super fast email. It's simply too bad, the os just feels old, the apps look as if im playing super nintendo.

Differently put, i would go back but not until blackberry feels like it is up to date.
    01-24-11 01:38 PM
    Don't forget, that many BB users are new to the smartphone scene also. It's becoming popular and those who missed the bandwagon with the palms and the windows pocket devices, their first device will most likely be a BB, considering that they are a lot cheaper and more accessible. I visit Europe at least once a year and I'm seeing BBs everywhere where I saw no smartphone users before, only cheapo feature phones.
    The latest news about the sales indicate this, how BB is doing great by selling all over the world.

And of course we have the hardcore fans. Can't do nothing about them.
    Hard core fans? Don't think they exist. Everybody does the switch-a-roo every few months these days.
    01-24-11 11:17 PM
    I had the BB9700, then went and got the iPhone 4.
    A month and a half later, I'm back on my BB.
    You really miss how easy it is to change ring volume, BBM, blinking indicator was huge, KEYBOARD.. no matter what anyone with an iPhone says the keyboard blows.
    The apps of course are unreal, but the really good ones you have to pay for, which just turns out to be a lot of extra money.
    On top of that, with my BB I never even came close to going over my data limit, but with the iPhone I went over it in the first 3 weeks.
    The iPhone is fun, but when you get get 95% of the things it has that set it apart on an iPod touch, but no keyboard and none of the great things BB has, why switch?
    01-26-11 08:48 AM
    As much as I loved my BB's, I still 'tried out' android and windows to see if I was missing anything, but always stuck with RIM in the end. I really only tried out the iPhone because I was just plain bored. Everyone I know has android, windows, or RIM, so I never knew just what I was missing. Granted, I still look longingly at my iPhone to find the non-existant blinking LED, but I figure (or hope) that the pain from that will fade...and of course this 32gb cap with no external memory is a hindrance- with my Storm2 I stored all of my music on three 32gb sd cards and just kept them all under the phone case for easy access. But the speed of the iPhone, the browser, the APP SELECTION (yes a bit pricey, but still 100% worth it for what I use), and the overall ease of use and everything it can do has officially won me over.
    Last edited by shanti.virus; 01-26-11 at 09:54 AM. Reason: English
    01-26-11 09:49 AM
    This is all crazy! As i commented a few days ago i went back to VZ on a 8330 waiting for the VZ iphone, i had one on AT&T. For the past few days, messaging has been such a pleasure, having the LED indicator is so helpful so much so i am wondering if Iphone is what i really want.

What keeps me on the fence is how i get truncated emails with bberrys which do not display the images. I do not have my gmail inbox unless i download the gmail app which is pointless in my opinion. As shanti.virus said, the iphone has amazing apps and using facebook on the berry reminds me of super nintendo.

Nothing is perfect, i know that but i am thinking that in the end i may go with the iphone because it does what a berry does very weill but everything else astonishingly.
    01-26-11 12:33 PM
    I would go back if RIM was moving forward and not just sitting still with the products and technology that they have. But i am certain i would go back to a BB way before i ever get a droid. I would only ever on an Iphone now.(end of the world a BB again)
    01-29-11 10:58 AM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I would and next week, will.

01-29-11 01:33 PM
    I will be watching Nokia, what is up with them...ATT dropped all Symbian phones except a Sony Ericcson, which I am not interested in. As for RIM, by the 3rd Quarter this year will be an entirely different playing field so I am not so optimistic with their lineup, they would be instant hits of course if they would have been released now.
    01-29-11 03:09 PM
    I would never go back. No way.
    02-07-11 10:05 PM
    Well, I actually did go back. Don't get me wrong, I was in loved with my iphone, every day I was telling my wife and friends of the things I was able to do with the phone. I spent hours looking at apps and playing with pretty much everything there is to play with the iphone. After a year and half of not missing anything from my blackberry, not even the blinking LED, lol. I saw on ebay a curve 8900 priced super low, I figured...why not buy it and then resell it. Well, of course when it came in I used it for a few days to try it out. One of the things I used to love of my bb was for contacts I would categorized them under company. For my friends I put "friend" under company and clients for clients of course and so on, so when i needed a friend, all I had to do was start typing the word friend and there...all my friends in alphabetical order and same for Doctors, etc.. I never realized how useful that was to me. So, for my business and all the calling I do a bb is for me, plus you just can't beat the way bb pushes email. So, I'm a bb user again but I hold an ipad too.
    02-09-11 03:15 PM
    I've had my ViP 4 for just over 48 hours now, and I can't imagine how I ever lived without it (and I carried 3rd and then 4th gen iPod touches).

For the most part, my 9650 was a solid, reliable phone, with it's quirks and drawbacks. But coming from the Touch, I'm already used to the keyboard - I'm faster on the iPhone keyboard than the BB.

I don't see anything that RIM could provide that would make me go back, but I never say never. For now, though, I'm an Apple fangirl all the way.
    02-09-11 07:39 PM
    For me to go back to FULL time use of a BlackBerry, RIM would have to create a device that is as fast as an iPhone\Android. Especially the browser...

So, for the moment, I'll keep using an iPhone and an Android device.
    02-10-11 07:36 AM
    I went back. I missed the blicking led as well as the physical keyboard.

02-10-11 06:36 PM
    Took my bold in today and exchanged it for an iP4, and let's just say BB is a absolute joke compared to this AMAZING device... RIM will never see another dime for me!

02-10-11 08:44 PM
    Took my bold in today and exchanged it for an iP4, and let's just say BB is a absolute joke compared to this AMAZING device... RIM will never see another dime for me!

I still miss that little flashing light though...or how about a vibe-shake periodically to remind me of havnig a new mail, or a missed call etc. That's the only thing really I miss. They could even have the screen come alive and go back to standby , not only once, but like how about 10 times an hour until I check it?

There got to be a way to make an app for it...
    02-10-11 10:11 PM
531 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD