This thread is funny.
    reeneebob likes this.
    06-21-11 01:33 PM
    Put this in your innovation pipe and tell me what happens:

TheRecord - RIM starts cutting jobs after disappointing quarter

Straight from Waterloo
    06-21-11 01:33 PM
    Wow, this thread is great. It's like someone telling you that pork tastes lousy, but they've never tried it! You will never win this argument, no matter what you say. Belfast is a BB person until the end of time, or until Apple buys them out. Don't waste your fingers typing!
    06-21-11 02:06 PM
    Put this in your innovation pipe and tell me what happens:

TheRecord - RIM starts cutting jobs after disappointing quarter

Straight from Waterloo
    Up to 200 people? Out of 17500? Really? Do you even know what their jobs were? From all I know they could be cleaners.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 02:07 PM
    Wow, this thread is great. It's like someone telling you that pork tastes lousy, but they've never tried it! You will never win this argument, no matter what you say. Belfast is a BB person until the end of time, or until Apple buys them out. Don't waste your fingers typing!
    Wow, what a hater you turned out to be.

06-21-11 02:11 PM
    And it gets even better:

TheRecord - RIM

RIM’s low share price makes it a possible takeover candidate. Problem is nobody want's it.

Steve Jobs should buy it then scuttle it for the write off.
    06-21-11 02:36 PM
    And it gets even better:

TheRecord - RIM

RIM�s low share price makes it a possible takeover candidate. Problem is nobody want's it.

So what do you think will happen if somebody buys them? Would they spend quite a few billions just to close it down?
    Do you think BB owners really care who owns Rim as long as they get the products they want?

i7guy likes this.
    06-21-11 02:49 PM
    Wow, what a hater you turned out to be.

Thanks. I owe it all to you! I've heard that Ulstermen were stubborn, but you are beyond belief.
    06-21-11 03:03 PM
    Thanks. I owe it all to you! I've heard that Ulstermen were stubborn, but you are beyond belief.
    Actually I thought I was replying to Accidental not you, sorry about that.
    And I'm not an ulsterman, what do you know about romanians lol

06-21-11 03:05 PM
    This is definitely a laughable and entertaining thread.

06-21-11 03:33 PM
    And it gets even better:

TheRecord - RIM

RIM�s low share price makes it a possible takeover candidate. Problem is nobody want's it.

Okay I'll bite. You really think with the anti-trust laws Apple will be allowed to buy RIM?
    06-21-11 06:33 PM
    And it gets even better:

TheRecord - RIM

Really? That reminds me of when Michael Dell famously said (turns out infamously).. Apple should be liquidated and the proceeds returned to the shareholders.

06-21-11 06:38 PM
    I have to add, I miss having a BlackBerry, period. But, now I'm beginning to wonder, since I have an iPad 2 (3G), I could ditch my iPhone, and go back to my BlackBerry, no? At least if I have to browse something major on the road, I could via the iPad...

I detest the slowness of the browser speed on a BlackBerry (and yes, I OWN quite a few), whether it be the BOLD 9000, 9700, or even the Torch...
    06-21-11 07:52 PM
    I am an iPhone user, but I see both sides to this argument. RIM is extremely relevant and necessary on the smartphone landscape, just as Apple and Google are.

To be honest with you, and I've stated this here before so no surprise, the iPhone is highly disadvantaged to the Blackberry in certain functions, but I have assumed these downfalls in favor of what I feel are significant advantages in many other areas.

I truly hope that RIM will get their act together and start innovating again, QNX to appease the user experience while retaining the solid core function is a great start, and I will take a long hard look at a return. Many of my colleagues feel the same way.

As for me, I spend nearly all of my work time in front of a PC with access to email, calendars, etc. When I am away from the office, I still get access to those services through my iPhone, and quite honestly, I didn't like being "connected" as well as I was with my BB when out of the office. Away from work is my personal time, and I spend a lot of it at Little League, recitals, etc. with the family, so the iP4 provides a nice sidebar for the "slow times" of my personal life.

They all are learning from each other. To me, RIM is the stream of consciousness that keeps Apple and Google honest on their need to provide some business with the pleasure. Just being there as an alternative to the user forces A & G to make concessions on their devices.
    This is really all I have ever tried to say.

On the bolded, I spend a lot of time travelling and out of the office with work so perhaps the mobile enterprise functionality of my device is more important than with most users.
    06-21-11 08:40 PM
    Okay I'll bite. You really think with the anti-trust laws Apple will be allowed to buy RIM?

Let me help you out:

sar�casm   
    [sahr-kaz-uhm]
    �noun
    harsh or bitter derision or irony.
    a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.
    06-22-11 06:24 AM
    Let me help you out:

sar�casm   
    [sahr-kaz-uhm]
    �noun
    harsh or bitter derision or irony.
    a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.
    Yeah, you forgot to ad pointless, uncalled for and inflaming sarcasm.

06-22-11 06:31 AM
    Yeah, you forgot to ad pointless, uncalled for and inflaming sarcasm.

So let me get this straight- you've never owned anything but a Blackberry and never would according to you, you specifically choose to come in here to troll and hijaak the thread, and then have the nerve to talk about uncalled for sarcasm when your little toes get stepped on??

The thread is called "Would You Ever Go Back To A Blackberry?" which implies you now have something else to compare the Blackberry experience with- probably an IPhone in this case since the thread is in the Apple IPhone/IPad section. It is not called the "I would never have anything but a Blackberry" thread or any other derivation you may want to dance around. It is also not the "I have never owned an IPhone device but have a lot of heresay b*lls**t that I want to jam down people's throats but have no clue what I am talking about" thread.

I have owned many Blackberrys and had enough of them. You can spew all the crap you want about how great they are for business and how advanced and secure. I could care less. I have an IPhone because it works light years better than my Storms ever did, gets faster email on exchange (Yes, instantaneously), and does exactly what I want to do when I want to do it without having to pull a battery or hold it up in the air and spin three times in my chair or whatever the BS workaround is this week because the thing is a piece of crap!

So before you come back in here and argue with people about their phones and what works for them, get some real world, first hand knowledge like we all did! If you can't do that, then shut up and get out!!
    reeneebob likes this.
    06-22-11 02:35 PM
    So let me get this straight- you've never owned anything but a Blackberry and never would according to you, you specifically choose to come in here to troll and hijaak the thread, and then have the nerve to talk about uncalled for sarcasm when your little toes get stepped on??

The thread is called "Would You Ever Go Back To A Blackberry?" which implies you now have something else to compare the Blackberry experience with- probably an IPhone in this case since the thread is in the Apple IPhone/IPad section. It is not called the "I would never have anything but a Blackberry" thread or any other derivation you may want to dance around. It is also not the "I have never owned an IPhone device but have a lot of heresay b*lls**t that I want to jam down people's throats but have no clue what I am talking about" thread.
    I have owned many Blackberrys and had enough of them. You can spew all the crap you want about how great they are for business and how advanced and secure. I could care less. I have an IPhone because it works light years better than my Storms ever did, gets faster email on exchange (Yes, instantaneously), and does exactly what I want to do when I want to do it without having to pull a battery or hold it up in the air and spin three times in my chair or whatever the BS workaround is this week because the thing is a piece of crap!

So before you come back in here and argue with people about their phones and what works for them, get some real world, first hand knowledge like we all did! If you can't do that, then shut up and get out!!
    I have an s2 and iPad 2 and 3 iPhones in the family. I will not have an iPhone as my primary work device, my s2 is perfect. What belfast said is my view also. I don't know anything about resetting or battery pulls because I don't have to do them.

Angry birds may make the iPhone seem light years ahead of recent blackberries, but trust me it's not.
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    06-22-11 04:03 PM
    I miss being able to use SocialScope but other wise I dont miss BB. At this time, there is very little chance I ever return
    06-22-11 04:12 PM
    Why is the game App comment always thrown out... Especially when that game app is like one of the number one apps BB users are requesting.

Plenty of users enjoy using the iPhone on Exchange if they have it. Game are not the only thing the device is capable of. The toy references are pretty played out at this point.
    06-22-11 04:13 PM

Who said I never owned anything but blackberry? I got my first phone in '96-'97, starting with Alcatel, Sagem, Sony (anybody remember the Sony Z1?) Ericson, Siemens, Motorola, Sony Ericson, HTC winmo, Nokia old and simbian(E61), I just never owned an iphone but that doesn't mean I never held one in my hand.

This whole thing started when somebody stated that the iphone browser is "far superior" I admited it's faster but for everything else it's inferior as it's missing a lot of features that we have come to expect from a desctop computer as well as complete integration with every social network/IM app installed on a blackberry.

A certain person found that very hard to digest.

06-22-11 04:35 PM
    I have an s2 and iPad 2 and 3 iPhones in the family. I will not have an iPhone as my primary work device, my s2 is perfect. What belfast said is my view also. I don't know anything about resetting or battery pulls because I don't have to do them.

Angry birds may make the iPhone seem light years ahead of recent blackberries, but trust me it's not.
    If you don't ever have to reset, are you sure it is turned on? Please- spare me the perfect phone crap- we all know how they work. I had to reset 4x a day and was told that was normal by Verizon and got sick of it. Just to be clear, I use an iPhone- that is why I am in this forum- you just said you don't- so again, why are you here? Would you like it if I went to the s2 forum and started posting crap? I think you would be one of the first to scream foul. So take your perfect phone and go back where you came from and stop trolling here. And by the way, two things- I don't care if your opinion is the same as Belfasts' and I don't play games on my phone. Your toy comments are wearying- some of us actually use the device to increase productivity. Oh wait- you probably don't think that's possible.

06-22-11 05:03 PM
    If you don't ever have to reset, are you sure it is turned on? Please- spare me the perfect phone crap- we all know how they work. I had to reset 4x a day and was told that was normal by Verizon and got sick of it. Just to be clear, I use an iPhone- that is why I am in this forum- you just said you don't- so again, why are you here? Would you like it if I went to the s2 forum and started posting crap? I think you would be one of the first to scream foul. So take your perfect phone and go back where you came from and stop trolling here. And by the way, two things- I don't care if your opinion is the same as Belfasts' and I don't play games on my phone. Your toy comments are wearying- some of us actually use the device to increase productivity. Oh wait- you probably don't think that's possible.

Hmm, you do realise this is crackberry.com, a mainly blackberry forum?

06-22-11 05:07 PM
    Hmm, you do realise this is crackberry.com, a mainly blackberry forum?

You realize that this is the iPhone section of the forum right?

06-22-11 05:14 PM
    You realize that this is the iPhone section of the forum right?

Are you trying to suggest that the blackberry sections don't get visited by iphone owner? Please, they're clogged up with them and android users, start a thread asking what blackberry to choose and you'll quickly be suggested an iphone or android. Double standards my friend.

06-22-11 05:19 PM
531 ... 1819202122
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD