I'm still trying to understand what technology that is. Other than 10000000000000 trillion apps in the apple application store I don't want to do anything on the iPad except browse. I know iOS devices have been flying off the shelf but I don't see it.

I can't figure out how to load movies, I can't tether unless I jailbreak the device and a bunch of other things. I'm trying to figure out how to work around known limitations.
    You can tether just like a BB the reason people JB is to tether free. Loading movies let's see you do you load movies on a bb drag and drop right? Itunes does the work for you you just click movies pick the one you want and let the phone SYNC. I know it's a little advanced but.........but with iCloud no more itunes needed it follows you......and your devices, iPhone, Ipad, MAC etc.....
    06-17-11 11:21 AM
    How is the way of sending it primitive it is actually quicker and if I could ever sit down with you and show you. You just might and it's a big might say hmm that is pretty easy.

But I highly doubt your closed mind would even try it. it seems to me you have never used an Iphone and have no idea what you are missing.
    Let me break it down for you:

1. You have to copy and paste, blackberry does it automatically
    2. You have to start the sms app, blackberry doesn't
    3. You have to select compose sms then paste, blackberry does it automatically
    4. You then have to return to browser, blackberry does it automatically
    5. You can do the same steps for sending to any instant messaging app(gtalk, yahoo messanger, live profile, ping, whatsapp etc), any social networking app and email
    6. It also inserts a description of the webpage.

Are you telling me you can't see the difference?

It literally takes me 3 seconds to send a webpage to a contact, no matter which way I want to contact them, why don't you time yourself?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 06-17-11 at 11:36 AM.
    06-17-11 11:31 AM
    FYI List of BB's owned 8830, 8330. 9530 9630 9650 Enough said. And if you ever question my knowledge of BB's you are grossly mistaken. When the storm had all the issues with the keyboard I was the one who figured out how to take the cod file of a good build keyboard and merge it into the new os release when they first came out. So back off on the accusations if you do not know what you are talking about.

Droids owned Droid OG, Fascinate, DroidX, Incredible.

Currently own iPhone4
    Ok, you owned them but I doubt you made full use of them as what I described above even the 8830 could do

06-17-11 11:41 AM
    I'm still trying to understand what technology that is. Other than 10000000000000 trillion apps in the apple application store I don't want to do anything on the iPad except browse. I know iOS devices have been flying off the shelf but I don't see it.

I can't figure out how to load movies, I can't tether unless I jailbreak the device and a bunch of other things. I'm trying to figure out how to work around known limitations.
    Tether the device to a BB or tether the device to a laptop? Is your iPad 3G or WiFi? If so, the iPad doesn't have the HotSpot feature?

I'm not that educated on the iPad because I have no interest in tablets. I just know iOS in general.
    06-17-11 11:47 AM
    That's exactly what I'm wondering. And even when you prove to them actually Apple still has quite a long way to catch up they still come out and say the same thing over and over again.

If Apple has passed Rim, how come the future IOS5 is labeled as such a copycat?
    Apps yes but Apple is only selling you the apps, they don't make them.

A lot of Apple products and announcement have been labeled as copies. The thing with Apple is they usually copy something and make it better. They were late to the game with copy and paste, but Apple's version is the best out there. No other touchscreen device does copy and paste better.

For instance, I am running iOS 5 right now. iOS 5 is accused of copying Androids drop down notification bar. They did copy it. Although, it is 100x better than Androids version. It is more customizable and and is much nicer and easier to use while giving you as much info as you want/don't want.
    06-17-11 11:49 AM
    Let me break it down for you:

1. You have to copy and paste, blackberry does it automatically
    2. You have to start the sms app, blackberry doesn't
    3. You have to select compose sms then paste, blackberry does it automatically
    4. You then have to return to browser, blackberry does it automatically
    5. You can do the same steps for sending to any instant messaging app(gtalk, yahoo messanger, live profile, ping, whatsapp etc), any social networking app and email
    6. It also inserts a description of the webpage.

Are you telling me you can't see the difference?

It literally takes me 3 seconds to send a webpage to a contact, no matter which way I want to contact them, why don't you time yourself?

So it copies automatically by mind control WOW! You don't need to click anything.......and sms opens by mind control without clicking it. dude no wonder you like your BB.
    06-17-11 11:51 AM
    So it copies automatically by mind control WOW! You don't need to click anything.......and sms opens by mind control without clicking it. dude no wonder you like your BB.
    Dude, at no stage do I have to copy or paste, at no stage I have to go to my apps and select sms, at no stage do I have to select browser to go back where I was.

Do I have to take screenshots for you to believe me?

06-17-11 12:00 PM
    Here's how to send the webpage to an email contact, that's it, nothing else to do.
    06-17-11 12:10 PM
    Here's how to send the webpage to an email contact, that's it, nothing else to do.
    All you have to do to send a link on iOS is click the square with the arrow on the bottom of the screen, click "Mail link to this page" and it opens up mail with the link already posted. At that point all you have to do is put in the contact. It is basically the same.

Do you need to see screenshots or will you take my word for it?
    06-17-11 12:18 PM
    All you have to do to send a link on iOS is click the square with the arrow on the bottom of the screen, click "Mail link to this page" and it opens up mail with the link already posted. At that point all you have to do is put in the contact. It is basically the same.

Do you need to see screenshots or will you take my word for it?
    I used email as an example, can you do the same for sms, facebook, twitter or IM clients?

06-17-11 12:21 PM
    Screw it, I'll just post it.

The middle square with arrow, then

click mail link, then

Done. Its the same.
    06-17-11 12:23 PM
    I used email as an example, can you do the same for sms, facebook, twitter or IM clients?

As far as I know, no. You can just double tap the address, click copy, switch task to SMS/IM/whatever, double tap and press past. That can be done in 10 seconds, yes I timed it.
    06-17-11 12:24 PM
    As far as I know, no. You can just double tap the address, click copy, switch task to SMS/IM/whatever, double tap and press past. That can be done in 10 seconds, yes I timed it.
    Yet more functions the BB browser can perform, yet somehow it's still inferior to the iphone browser.
    By the way, is that what the IOS5 "twitter integration" is? The ability to send things directly rather then oppening the app?

06-17-11 12:32 PM
    Yet more functions the BB browser can perform, yet somehow it's still inferior to the iphone browser.
    By the way, is that what the IOS5 "twitter integration" is? The ability to send things directly rather then oppening the app?

Once again, I never said the BB browser is inferior.

I don't know what the twitter integration is. I have iOS5, but I'm not about to make a twitter account just to see what it does. I have no interest in it at all.
    06-17-11 12:40 PM
    Forgive the segue, but this is what I love about the "share" function of Android.

I am not that familiar with how iOS does it, but the screenshots help me understand it.. BB does it well, I recall.
    06-17-11 12:42 PM
    Once again, I never said the BB browser is inferior.

I don't know what the twitter integration is. I have iOS5, but I'm not about to make a twitter account just to see what it does. I have no interest in it at all.
    You didn't I know, but others did in this thread. I'm first to admit the iphone browser is faster, you'd be crazy not to.
    But you can't ignore the long least of features missing from it, weather you personally need them or not.

06-17-11 12:50 PM
    You didn't I know, but others did in this thread. I'm first to admit the iphone browser is faster, you'd be crazy not to.
    But you can't ignore the long least of features missing from it, weather you personally need them or not.

I do agree. Android and BB OS have those little things that people don't really think about. I think that is a huge advantage for both platforms. Where Apple excels in is the polish, and that seems to be what a lot of people like.

Personally, I like Android the best, although this iOS 5 beta is pretty awesome. Once QNX is out for smartphones, I am sure it will be giving Google and Apple a real challenge. It brings the polish and functionality into one package. Although at the rate RIM is moving, and how the competition is moving, both iOS and Android may leave QNX in the dust before smartphones even see it.
    06-17-11 01:01 PM
    Here is what happened in a nutshell.
    BB went into the Copr. world and established itsself quite well I must add and then tried the consumer market and well let's say not so good.

Apple and Google went into the consumer world and are doing well and now that consumers own the devices they want them in the corp. world

Does anyone see how Apple and Google are pushing BB out slowly but surely?
    06-17-11 04:58 PM
    Here is what happened in a nutshell.
    BB went into the Copr. world and established itsself quite well I must add and then tried the consumer market and well let's say not so good.

Apple and Google went into the consumer world and are doing well and now that consumers own the devices they want them in the corp. world

Does anyone see how Apple and Google are pushing BB out slowly but surely?
    06-17-11 05:01 PM
    +1 to Accidental Post. You are right on the money. I'm not going to hit my head against a brick wall, trying to get my point across to someone who will never get it. If and when the axe falls, and RIM is forced out of the marketplace, everyone who loves BB will blame Apple. I hope it never happens, because competition is good for business, and will force production of a better product. For better or worse, whether you like it or not, Apple is forcing it's way into the business sector. Along the way, it will create a better product, with all the bells and whistles that a business person wants.
    06-17-11 06:16 PM
    -1 ^^^^ Not this.

If an when RIM goes out of business I will have to pick a new business platform as well as a number of other people (of course that is kind of unlikely but the world could also implode tomorrow). And you really think BB type folks will blame apple? I think you are kind of out of touch.

I can't see IOS as my business solution, I just don't like it enough, although the ipad is okay as my play solution.
    06-17-11 06:26 PM
    As a late comer to this thread, I would definitely be interested to see what RIM has to offer if they catch up with Android and iOS. I had 3 BBs, and loved them all. They just didn't keep up with the hardware aspects of the others. I wanted a better camera and a snappier device. I bought an iPhone 4. It didn't even last me six months before I bought an Android.

In fact, they iPhone is the absolute worst smartphone I've ever owned. It's smoother operation (? I have more app crashes on the iPhone than the Android any day), exceptional battery life (since iOS 4.3, the iPhone envies my android battery life), and reliability (I've had files go corrupt and had to flash it to stock and lose my data 6 times in less than a year) helped push me to Android. I feel it's a far superior OS, that just doesn't look as pretty.

If RIM gets back in the game and competes with Android (iOS isn't even in contention to me anymore (Apple as a company has turned me off), I'd go back to them in a heartbeat. They make the best PHONE I've used (don't get me started on the iPhone's call dropping abilities) since I got a smart phone. I also don't use many of the 400,000 useless apps, just a few key ones. The customization on the BB was more important to me than the bells and whistles, and shiny feel of the Apple.

YMMV. I may seem like a hater, but my experience with Apple has soured me to them.
    06-17-11 06:45 PM
    -1 ^^^^ Not this.

If an when RIM goes out of business I will have to pick a new business platform as well as a number of other people (of course that is kind of unlikely but the world could also implode tomorrow). And you really think BB type folks will blame apple? I think you are kind of out of touch.

I can't see IOS as my business solution, I just don't like it enough, although the ipad is okay as my play solution.
    Apple and Google can be blamed, a little. It's mostly just RIMs poor management and terribly marketing strategy that will take the hit, and they deserve it the most.

I hope RIM gets new management. I would love for the company to be around for a very long time and have great success. Competition is a beautiful thing. I just hope the leaders don't take them out of the game before the competition has the chance to.
    06-17-11 06:48 PM
    If/when the iPhone overtakes BB as the premier business machine, it will be a damning indictment of RIM and overall a bad outcome for business users.

There is no reason why a business-oriented product shouldn't continue to be vastly superior to the iPhone for that specific purpose. To do everything the iPhone does, no matter how well it's built, you have to sacrifice a degree of core functionality.
    Last edited by Caesar1844; 06-17-11 at 09:51 PM.
    06-17-11 09:49 PM
    No matter how much I like RIM, I can't go back to their products as the company will no longer exist in 3 years.

There I said it.

Apple wins again.
    06-17-11 10:13 PM
531 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD