Whatever way you want to spin it, app availability is a HUGE plus for any platform. Built-in utilities are great, but if I can expand the functionality of my phone by adding an app, I'd like the ability to do it.
    That's you. I couldn't give a shit about how many apps are available, as long as my phone does the things I want it to do.

BB does what I want, and it does the things I want better than an iPhone. I don't see why people find this so hard to understand. Some people don't WANT to sacrifice core functionality for bells and whistles.

For someone who is only interested in a bare-bones business machine and nothing more, BB ****s all over iPhone. It's just reality, and I don't see why Apple fanbois get so upset about people saying it.
    06-16-11 06:18 PM
    We really don't get upset but when someone (belfastdispatcher) starts making comparisons that are not even remotely accurate well then.......
    reeneebob likes this.
    06-16-11 06:25 PM
    We really don't get upset but when someone (belfastdispatcher) starts making comparisons that are not even remotely accurate well then.......
    Well, perhaps you don't, but take a look at this thread. It's full of Apple fans having a wank and saying they can't understand why anyone would choose a BB over an iPhone.

The iPhone is a great machine, and deservedly the smartphone market leader. It's just that there is a particular user base with very specific needs for whom the BB is the superior product.

As I've said, if/when the iPhone becomes the premiere business machine I'll be the first to switch. I've trialled the last two generations, and I'm looking forward to trialling the next one.
    06-16-11 07:04 PM
    It's all about preference and if belfast had said that right away instead of coming to an iPhone sub-forum and blasting away about how superior his BB is it would have turned out different
    06-16-11 07:21 PM
    I have had over a half dozen BB's 4 android devices and my iPhone is the best for me
    06-16-11 07:22 PM
    From my ipad I can tell I don't want the iphone as my business device, my play device maybe. But I use the ipad to do things not readily possible on a small screen device.
    06-16-11 10:44 PM
    That's you. I couldn't give a ****it about how many apps are available, as long as my phone does the things I want it to do.

BB does what I want, and it does the things I want better than an iPhone. I don't see why people find this so hard to understand. Some people don't WANT to sacrifice core functionality for bells and whistles.

For someone who is only interested in a bare-bones business machine and nothing more, BB **** all over iPhone. It's just reality, and I don't see why Apple fanbois get so upset about people saying it.
    Dude... language. Calm down. I know you're new, and enjoy the discourse, but man...

Folks, drop the platform-girded loincloths and RELAX. When someone says they like another platform, believe it or not, it is not a veiled swipe at the honor of the women-folk in your clan.

Most of the folks who remain here after moving on (temporarily or otherwise) to other platforms mostly have an respect for RIM products.

I know we can talk about devices in a healthy way without resorting to jocular references to waste matter. I'm sure we all agree we don't need an app for that...

BTW, from someone who very grudgingly respects iOS and the iPhone, it IS a very formidable business device. People who call it a toy or something "just for play" may not be able to see how useful t can be. People can be very productive on non-RIN devices.

But, as Ceaser hints at, it is all about what works for you... which is why we have this particular thread.
    reeneebob likes this.
    06-16-11 11:17 PM
    Didn't realise people around here were so uptight... it's just a colloquialism.

I have no problem with people preferring the iPhone to the BB. I just dislike the mentality (especially common amongst Apple fanbois) that their choice is the only logical choice and everyone else is ignorant for using an inferior platform.

You only have to read through this thread to see that mentality in full flight. I mean, look at the OP:

...you couldn't pay me enough money to go back to the POS phone that was my bb. In my opinion the iphone and bb aren't even in the same realm of phones since the bb seems so far behind any smart phone today on the market.
    And so it continues throughout much of the following 26 pages.

You can't exactly blame people for getting a little defensive in response to that sort of rubbish.
    Last edited by Caesar1844; 06-17-11 at 12:01 AM.
    06-16-11 11:49 PM
    It's all about preference and if belfast had said that right away instead of coming to an iPhone sub-forum and blasting away about how superior his BB is it would have turned out different
    Actually it all started with this post:
    "better data? really? last time i check the BB browser was far inferior to iphone's..."

Did I take some pleasure in pointing out that it's not really that superior just faster? Def yes.
    Anyway, if one has to exit the browser to complete a task that others can do in the browsers kinda defeats the purpose of having a fast browser as overall the browser experience becomes slower.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 12:51 AM
    When did I ever have to close my browser to do something else on an iPhone. You don't, simple open browser double tap home key open app you want to use double tap home button back to browser..where is the issue? Like when I send my wife a link. Here is how it works for misinformed.
    1. Open browser and go to web page.
    2. Long press url and click copy.
    3. Double click home button and open sms.
    4. Compose SMS to wife long click in message body and paste then push send.

And by the way this is done and completed while you are waiting for your web page to load on that super fast BB browser.

Please don't speak of things you don't know about it makes you look foolish.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 06-17-11 at 07:57 AM.
    06-17-11 07:54 AM
    Man, you're not listening at all, first of all I said exit not close, if you have to go to itunes to download and play a podcast that's exiting the browser. If you find yourself in an app it means you're not in the browser anymore, doesn't it?

06-17-11 07:58 AM
    When did I ever have to close my browser to do something else on an iPhone. You don't, simple open browser double tap home key open app you want to use double tap home button back to browser..where is the issue? Like when I send my wife a link. Here is how it works for misinformed.
    1. Open browser and go to web page.
    2. Long press url and click copy.
    3. Double click home button and open sms.
    4. Compose SMS to wife long click in message body and paste then push send.

And by the way this is done and completed while you are waiting for your web page to load on that super fast BB browser.

Please don't speak of things you don't know about it makes you look foolish.
    Embarrassing dude, here's how we do it:

Open web page, press menu/select send web page, select text messages from all the options (bbm, gtalk, facebook, twitter etc), that composes the sms for you with the link inside, start typing the name of the contact, and press enter, done

As soon you press enter, everything disappears and you're back in the browser.

Edit:
    Another thing, if I choose to send to any IM client or Facebook/twitter it also ads a description of the webpage, for example if I send this page it will say " blackberry forums at crackberry.com mobile, if I send to email it will add the same in the subject line and guess what, I can do this before the page is fully loaded.

This is what we mean about the bb power as a communication device, and this is just scratching the surface.

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 06-17-11 at 08:51 AM.
    06-17-11 08:24 AM
    Man, you're not listening at all, first of all I said exit not close, if you have to go to itunes to download and play a podcast that's exiting the browser. If you find yourself in an app it means you're not in the browser anymore, doesn't it?

It's the little things that annoy me. I found out I needed iBooks installed to save a PDF. Even on my old out of date s2 I can just save it.
    06-17-11 08:40 AM
    It's the little things that annoy me. I found out I needed iBooks installed to save a PDF. Even on my old out of date s2 I can just save it.
    Never mind the S2, the 800s and 8300s could do it, BB can save any file even if you can't open it on the device.

06-17-11 09:08 AM
    Now now children, get along!
    06-17-11 09:28 AM
    Well PK I think it's about time to lock the thread and keep the trolls away.
    06-17-11 09:32 AM
    That's you. I couldn't give a shit about how many apps are available, as long as my phone does the things I want it to do.

For someone who is only interested in a bare-bones business machine and nothing more, BB ****s all over iPhone. It's just reality, and I don't see why Apple fanbois get so upset about people saying it.
    As of now, you are absolutely right. The operative words though, are "bare-bones business". I took a second job after my retirement, and when given the choice, i opted for a BB9000 over the iPhone3GS. Then, as now, BB has the edge for business. That being said, it will all change within a year or so, as Apple is now firmly committed to get their market share of the business world. When that time comes, you may want to make a change. My iPhone4 does everything that i need outside of business, and i believe with the new ios5 coming out, that it will convince people sitting on the fence, to go with the iPhone.
    06-17-11 09:35 AM
    As of now, you are absolutely right. The operative words though, are "bare-bones business". I took a second job after my retirement, and when given the choice, i opted for a BB9000 over the iPhone3GS. Then, as now, BB has the edge for business. That being said, it will all change within a year or so, as Apple is now firmly committed to get their market share of the business world. When that time comes, you may want to make a change. My iPhone4 does everything that i need outside of business, and i believe with the new ios5 coming out, that it will convince people sitting on the fence, to go with the iPhone.
    I'm using the iPad instead of my laptop for casual browsing. Other than that it has no useful function (not entirely true the ability to schedule a DVD recording is cool but I did that previously from my bb). I could do the same on my laptop except for battery life and boot up time and the nicer screen on the iPad.

I find though that when I need my laptop, I really need the laptop and the iPad doesnt suffice.
    06-17-11 09:41 AM
    Makes me wonder how many people here ever owned a blackberry, especially Accidental, because if he did he would know his described way of sending a web page link to a contact is a very primitive way and he wouldn't actually try to show off with it. What did they even do before they had copy and paste?

06-17-11 10:08 AM
    Believe it or not, i still love my BB. It introduced me to the world of Smartphones, and i thank RIM for that, however, RIM is playing catch-up right now, and i feel that Apple's technology has passed RIM's. If things change, i'm not against trying something new that will benefit my needs. I personally dislike the term "fanboy", as it implies an unwillingness to change for the better, due to stupidity. I'm not implying that you use that term, but several people in these forums do. I guess that i get my attitude from my great-grandfather, who came to America from County Cork. Slainte!
    06-17-11 10:22 AM
    Like I said, I trialled the last two generations of iPhone and I'll be trialling the next one. If/when it becomes the best business machine on the market, I'll be the first to switch.

IMO it will require a bit of a quantum leap in core functionality though.
    Last edited by Caesar1844; 06-17-11 at 10:28 AM.
    06-17-11 10:24 AM
    I'm still trying to understand what technology that is. Other than 10000000000000 trillion apps in the apple application store I don't want to do anything on the iPad except browse. I know iOS devices have been flying off the shelf but I don't see it.

I can't figure out how to load movies, I can't tether unless I jailbreak the device and a bunch of other things. I'm trying to figure out how to work around known limitations.
    06-17-11 10:27 AM
    I'm still trying to understand what technology that is. Other than 10000000000000 trillion apps in the apple application store I don't want to do anything on the iPad except browse. I know iOS devices have been flying off the shelf but I don't see it.

I can't figure out how to load movies, I can't tether unless I jailbreak the device and a bunch of other things. I'm trying to figure out how to work around known limitations.
    That's exactly what I'm wondering. And even when you prove to them actually Apple still has quite a long way to catch up they still come out and say the same thing over and over again.

If Apple has passed Rim, how come the future IOS5 is labeled as such a copycat?
    Apps yes but Apple is only selling you the apps, they don't make them.

06-17-11 10:32 AM
    Makes me wonder how many people here ever owned a blackberry, especially Accidental, because if he did he would know his described way of sending a web page link to a contact is a very primitive way and he wouldn't actually try to show off with it. What did they even do before they had copy and paste?

FYI List of BB's owned 8830, 8330. 9530 9630 9650 Enough said. And if you ever question my knowledge of BB's you are grossly mistaken. When the storm had all the issues with the keyboard I was the one who figured out how to take the cod file of a good build keyboard and merge it into the new os release when they first came out. So back off on the accusations if you do not know what you are talking about.

Droids owned Droid OG, Fascinate, DroidX, Incredible.

Currently own iPhone4
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 06-17-11 at 11:17 AM.
    06-17-11 11:13 AM
    FYI List of BB's owned 8830, 8330. 9530 9630 9650 Enough said.

Droids owned Droid OG, Fascinate, DroidX, Incredible.

Currently own iPhone4

How is the way of sending it primitive it is actually quicker and if I could ever sit down with you and show you. You just might and it's a big might say hmm that is pretty easy.

But I highly doubt your closed mind would even try it. it seems to me you have never used an Iphone and have no idea what you are missing.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 06-17-11 at 11:17 AM.
    06-17-11 11:14 AM
531 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD