It seems from your posts that you view BB as being in the same league as iPhone, but just cheaper. I'm just trying to explain, that's not how it is. It's cheaper, because it's not in the same league. Feature phones are even cheaper than Blackberries. Why is that? It's because it's not in the same league.

The point I'm trying to get across is that Blackberries are cheaper for a reason. Basically, they're not as good. Sure, you can go ahead and say email is better or BBM, and I can come back with a dozen other things iPhone does better and it can go back and forth. Someone will probably pop in and say "but Blackberry does everything I need it to." Which everybody knows, is a copout. A Toyota Corolla does everything a car needs to do, but people still rather have a Benz.

When all is said and done though, the flagship Blackberry is just not in the same league as a flagship iPhone. I can't same the same about flagship Android phones, but people who think the Blackberry Torch or the Blackberry Bold is in the same league as an iPhone 4 are just deluding themselves.
    If blackberry is so low end compared to iphone 4, how come the future IOS5 is copying so many of blackberry's long available features?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 12:54 PM
    If blackberry is so low end compared to iphone 4, how come the future IOS5 is copying so many of blackberry's long available features?

Because they can? Notice how easy it is to say that Apple copied Blackberry. You can't say it in reverse though. Because they can't. If they do eventually do it, they do it badly. What are RIM's most recent attempts at copying Apple? Storm? Storm 2? Torch? Are the features they copied as good or better than the iPhone version? Doubtful.
    06-08-11 01:08 PM
    Because they can? Notice how easy it is to say that Apple copied Blackberry. You can't say it in reverse though. Because they can't. If they do eventually do it, they do it badly. What are RIM's most recent attempts at copying Apple? Storm? Storm 2? Torch? Are the features they copied as good or better than the iPhone version? Doubtful.
    Torch is an iphone copy? Really? Unless you haven't noticed it is a slider and you might wanna have a look at the Polm Pre, if anything, that's who it's copying.

I would be pretty pissed off to find out that if I bought an iphone 4, years old features would be missing from it, features that the old 7230 I bought for �5 off ebay has.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 06-08-11 at 01:34 PM.
    06-08-11 01:31 PM
    Torch is an iphone copy? Really? Unless you haven't noticed it is a slider and you might wanna have a look at the Polm Pre, if anything, that's who it's copying.
    Webkit browser maybe? Zoom-pinch? Tap to select instead of click? Chat style SMS? List goes on and on and on. None of them implemented better than on iPhone, and most of them inferior.

If you think iPhone is too high end for you, no problem. Please don't think it's too high end for the rest of us.
    06-08-11 01:40 PM
    at least the iphone is on the track to be 4G...as far as i've heard RIM hasn't even though of announcing 4G for BB yet
    06-08-11 01:53 PM
    I had to answer this on my BB because my ipad 2 had an issue with the edit control. To me that's enough said.

Yeah and hows that mobile website look?????? And while we are getting our digs in. i have owned BB's and Droids and the iPhone by far is the Flagship of all of them. The Droid X holds it's own and well the BB...........old news.....how are those apps coming??????? I mean RIM has been around forever compared to the iPhone and Droid X and yes they were the Smartphone leader..WERE....they have stuck their heads in the sand and have not innovated anywhere...BB's app store is a joke...the Playbook....laughable at best can't even use BBM without bridging wtf???? Oh wait it has Flash woohooo....even Android has blown past RIM in activations...face it RIM is dying a slow death......
    06-08-11 02:42 PM
    I do not see myself going back to Blackberry. I liked some of the things they were doing with the new devices, but now that I have an iPhone 4, for me it doesn't compare anymore.

Now that my iPhone is broken, I had to go back to my Storm (before it was stolen at work...) and it was a complete different experience. Yeah, I understand I stepped back into the past, but gosh, it was horrible. The only thing the phone was good for was calls, text, and email. (And BBM if I had chose to use it)

Now with the improvements of iOS 5, I definitely don't see myself going back unless RIM puts out a pure touchscreen device with a good amount of apps and is more stable than Android.
    06-08-11 02:43 PM
    Webkit browser maybe? Zoom-pinch? Tap to select instead of click? Chat style SMS? List goes on and on and on. None of them implemented better than on iPhone, and most of them inferior.

If you think iPhone is too high end for you, no problem. Please don't think it's too high end for the rest of us.
    If I'm not mistaken there is a file upload button on bb. The lack of it on mobile safari is driving me crazy.

The iPhone does some things better than bb and vice-versa. If I thought it was better it would in my holster instead of an s2.
    06-08-11 02:44 PM
    Interesting article about the OS's

Smartphone OS Preview: iOS 5 vs. Android 2.3 Gingerbread vs. Windows Phone 7 Mango vs. Blackberry 7 OS | PCMag.com

Another great article.

Google Android vs. Apple iOS: Handicapping the 2011 death match | TechRepublic
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 06-08-11 at 02:53 PM.
    06-08-11 02:47 PM
    Well fellas, I ask you all this. How screwed up would it be for someone who had an iPhone 4 for a good while and happens to love Apple anyway, to switch TO Blackberry, and not for work purposes, not for any money related things, but just because they find their own reason too. Either misguided or goofy right? Apparently, anything is possible.

By the way, if you spring for an iPad, with all the awesome software in the app store, you'll be disappointed at how redundant having both an iPhone and an iPad becomes, assuming you do lots of other stuff besides browse the web and play games.

06-09-11 03:01 AM
    Just switched to ip4 yesterday from bb torch, would never go back,love every single thing about iPhone. What a **** of crap that bb!
    06-09-11 03:48 AM
    Well fellas, I ask you all this. How screwed up would it be for someone who had an iPhone 4 for a good while and happens to love Apple anyway, to switch TO Blackberry, and not for work purposes, not for any money related things, but just because they find their own reason too. Either misguided or goofy right? Apparently, anything is possible.

By the way, if you spring for an iPad, with all the awesome software in the app store, you'll be disappointed at how redundant having both an iPhone and an iPad becomes, assuming you do lots of other stuff besides browse the web and play games.

I cannot see getting rid of an s2 for an iPhone whilst I carry around an iPad.

I find the iPad compliments the s2, while the s2 handles my emails needs perfectly.
    06-09-11 04:11 PM
    Well, this started out as an interesting thread until it got dumped on.

And the answer to the OP is **** no.
    06-10-11 07:00 AM
    never..ever, ever
    06-10-11 06:49 PM
    Now with imessage in the near future.... No way!!

06-11-11 02:30 AM
    I'm actually going to use two devices (iPhone and BlackBerry 9700) for a few weeks. The BlackBerry is purely for my mates and family in London, St. Lucia, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-11-11 07:32 PM
    I cant wait to go back to BB!!! I got the Iphone 4 when it hit Verizon!!! Found out it was all hype!!! No, L.E.D. notification so if my ringer is off i cant just look over and see i got a msg!!!

Text msg tones are too limited and i cant assign any to contacts or add any without having to jail break the phone!!! Email on the Iphone sucks, i dont want to keep opening my email app just to find out if i have new email, i need to know that my email is there when it gets there!!! Adding pics to the Email sucks too, SMH!!!

I will never buy another Apple product for myself!!! This thing is for kids, its a toy!!!

Oh, and whats up with the tracking crap? I was in ATL a few months ago, went to a friends house where i could get no data service or phone service!!! Yet, all the pics i took at their house got GPS tagged? You mean Apple made sure that would work and not my phone?
    anon(73368) likes this.
    06-12-11 11:09 AM
    You know, I would take that more seriously if it wasn't for the prepubescent use of !!! after!!! every!!! sentence!!!
    06-12-11 11:42 AM
    You know, I would take that more seriously if it wasn't for the prepubescent use of !!! after!!! every!!! sentence!!!
    I'm sure you wouldn't even if I didn't use "!!!" I'm telling you the reasons i don't like the phone and they are all facts"!!!"
    06-12-11 03:21 PM
    Honestly, based on your post in the other thread, it sounds like you didn't properly research the purchase before buying, and are now regretting the decision so that's Apple's fault.

Hopefully a lesson was learned.

And thank you for not abusing punctuation this time.
    06-12-11 04:15 PM
    I'm sure you wouldn't even if I didn't use "!!!" I'm telling you the reasons i don't like the phone and they are all facts"!!!"
    didn't you know? using more than one exclamation point makes it more of a point. it's science.

and as for fb geo-tagging...guess what? if you'd actually explored the phone and not given up at the first sign of it not reading your mind, you can turn fb location data off.

you CAN assign special SMS tones to contacts. without jailbreaking. my iphone sitting next to me right now does it.

if your email app wasn't pushing, you prolly have to set it to push. i know my phone came from the box with manual fetch. again, you should have checked the settings.

and sometimes the push error is due to the email provider itself, not the network or phone.

so your "facts" are actually not so much.
    06-12-11 04:29 PM
    didn't you know? using more than one exclamation point makes it more of a point. it's science.

and as for fb geo-tagging...guess what? if you'd actually explored the phone and not given up at the first sign of it not reading your mind, you can turn fb location data off.

you CAN assign special SMS tones to contacts. without jailbreaking. my iphone sitting next to me right now does it.

if your email app wasn't pushing, you prolly have to set it to push. i know my phone came from the box with manual fetch. again, you should have checked the settings.

and sometimes the push error is due to the email provider itself, not the network or phone.

so your "facts" are actually not so much.
    As far as I'm aware iphone only has push for gmail and hotmail out of the box, don't you think there's a big chance he's using something else?
    06-12-11 04:32 PM
    i use yahoo and SOMEHOW"!!!" managed to get my iphone to push email, so...
    06-12-11 04:36 PM
    i use yahoo and SOMEHOW"!!!" managed to get my iphone to push email, so...
    Well great, that's 3, any more or is that it?
    06-12-11 04:46 PM
    /facepalm

clearly sarcasm doesn't work well via text...

and i appreciate the witty retort
    06-12-11 04:51 PM
531 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD