just curious how do you insure a i-phone? you can't your cell provider right?
    05-08-11 07:28 PM
    just curious how do you insure a i-phone? you can't your cell provider right?
    I know AT&T has insurance you can purchase but its ridiculously expensive, like $14.99/mo or something like that. I'm not sure about VZ. I have heard a lot of people get coverage through something called SquareTrade. I don't have insurance on my iPhone and it makes me nervous. I may check into SquareTrade to cover my white iPhone 4 as I have vowed to keep this phone at least a full year and stop throwing money down the toilet every time a new one comes out.
    05-08-11 08:03 PM
    BBs have been the king of business for the last 10 years or so. Up until about 4 years ago BBs basically had almost no competition in the smartphone race (North America, WM numbers weren't really high back then). No other company offered anything really close to BES and no other company built their OS and devices in house (besides Palm).

BB is the premier choice because it has a very nice head start, and many companies bought into BES years before the competition we are talking about even emerged.
    Which is all nice, and perhaps is a good argument why at some point other manufacturers will overtake BB, but it doesn't change that BB is currently the best device for business. Like I keep pointing out, head to head, on the functions that matter, it consistently comes out on top in virtually every matchup review.

I am glad that iPhone and Android have developed to the point where they are adequate business machines for a large segment of the market - competition and alternatives are good. But if you're looking for top-of-the-line you still can't go past BBs and the BES setup.

Obviously if you like to play around with iTunes or Angry Birds or whatever there are better options out there, but that's not ever been anything I'm concerned with.
    05-09-11 01:57 AM
    Iphone Questions:

Can you restore all your email accounts in seconds to a new device by simply sending service books?
    Can you restore all your important information without having to connect the new iphone to a computer first?
    Can you start using an iphone out of the box without having to connect it to a computer first?
    ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-11 02:27 AM
    Yes to all your questions! For an email, all you need is the account name and password and your good. I've heard of some apps that you can back your data up with, but I don't know if its only for jb phones or not. Mine was working before I took it out of the at&t store the day I bought it.
    05-09-11 05:44 AM
    Yes to all your questions! For an email, all you need is the account name and password and your good. I've heard of some apps that you can back your data up with, but I don't know if its only for jb phones or not. Mine was working before I took it out of the at&t store the day I bought it.
    Not the same thing, a blackberry restores all your email accounts to a new device with a simple click of the send servicebooks button, you don't have to do it one by one.

I was under the impression that an iphone or ipod/ipad has to be connected to a computer with itunes before it can be used, am I wrong about that?

05-09-11 05:59 AM
    I don't think I would ever go back to BB after using my iPhone 4 for a out 8 mos now. The only things I really miss about my BB's is the great physical keyboards and the ease of customization. The customizing can be taken care of by jailbreak. When I got my iPad last July I was sold on iOS especially the app store. I think if I ever got another kind of smartphone it would be an android, just because I hate using iTunes on my windows pc so much lol. It was nice having the led and the keyboard but it didn't make up for the fact that I felt like I was wasting my money on a data plan for my BB. If the BB was sold as more of a feature phone without the data plan I could make due with one and my iPad. But as a smartphone I think it felt ancient and slow as molasses. I don't think I will ever switch to an android until one is made with a screen resolution as good as the retina display. It has totally spoiled me. I looked at an atrix when they first came out and there was a huge difference in the screens. But to each their own
    05-14-11 06:30 PM
    Yes I would, and I did! I was a long time bb user and ran to the iphone 4 when it came out..I sold my bb and used the funds to put towards my purchase, now mind you I'm not here to bash either device because now I own both. Torch and ip4.

I will say though that when I pull my sim and stick it into my ip4 for the day or what have you I really feel a bit nervous about receiving messages and notifications, the ip4 is a really cool device when it comes to apps and just an overall nice device. I love all the new things that you can do with it, i'm jb so my phone is tweaked to the rafters with stuff that I like but when it comes to the emails...I don't really see the reliability that i get from my bb with the ip, sometimes it doesn't push until I open the email account. I rely on getting emails and phone calls more than anything else my company runs on it.

When I think ip I think classy and modern features but that's about it.

My bb now! That's a reliable piece of business driving awesomeness right there! sure she's not the hottest chick in the club compared to all the others but she's the one you keep around because she does the foundational things and does them well. (emails, bbm, security...etc) I love not having to pick up my phone and wonder if there was a msg while I was away that I may have missed. STATUS LIGHT... I don't care what anyone says that thing is genius.
    Customizing with ringtone alerts and what have you, no itunes is another thing I don't miss...and finally....

I don't know whats up with this but the dropped calls on the ip4 are just insane when I'm speaking to clients.

At the end of the day both are really nice devices but my Torch is still the true winner in MY house as MY device.
    05-16-11 06:00 PM
    It's been a week.
    I made the switch from my ancient 8320 to the iphone 4 and all week long I've gone back and forth about returning the iphone for the bold or just sticking with the change. To be honest, it's driving me a little nutty!
    I miss the keyboard, the ringer profiles, and the flashing light (seems ridiculous to even write that, but I know I'm not alone)! I think I like the BB calander better as well?
    I have gotten somewhat used to the keyboard already, I love itunes, the camera (video and still), I don't mind a few apps here and there, surfing the web is WAY better (but I'm comparing it to the 8320), email is great as it's not a super priority for me.
    I don't really feel comfortable "jailbreaking" my new phone, which might help with a few of the things I'd like to customize.
    Should I stick with the ip4 or revert back to what I know???

I enjoy reading everyone's story and opinion. Thanks
    05-18-11 09:08 AM
    BTW
    Jiggaman, your post had me laughing. "not the hottest chick in the club"
    jiggaman2g likes this.
    05-18-11 09:10 AM
    Not a fair competition in my eyes...if the 8320 is what your "go back to device is" I would just stick with the ip4 in your case. Again the ip4 is a sick phone but I don't see too much of a challenge here mate.

Use the ip4 for at least a month and I really suggest jailbreaking it to alleviate some of the concerns you have it's like walking into a candy store with a black card (endless credit) You can tweet the phone like mad! But if after all that you're still missing something that bb has......sell the ip4 and get a newer model bb.
    05-18-11 09:53 AM
    Iphone Questions:

Can you restore all your email accounts in seconds to a new device by simply sending service books?
    Can you restore all your important information without having to connect the new iphone to a computer first?
    Can you start using an iphone out of the box without having to connect it to a computer first?
    ?

I don't see the importance of your argument. If these are your points to convince that a BlackBerry is better than an iPhone then there isn't much there.

05-19-11 05:03 AM
    To answer the original question, I would go back to a BB. I have always liked them. I think the operating system is really smart and intuitive. And I like the notification system better on a BlackBerry than any other device that I have used. Also, multitasking is better and easier to use. Not to mention that BlackBerry smartphones have great battery life and call quality.

05-19-11 05:07 AM
    I don't see the importance of your argument. If these are your points to convince that a BlackBerry is better than an iPhone then there isn't much there.

The argument was about being better for business not overall and the above points are a basic requirement when it comes to business use. I can be back online with everything restored to a new blackberry in under 5 minutes without going near a computer.

05-19-11 05:28 AM
    To answer the original question, I would go back to a BB. I have always liked them. I think the operating system is really smart and intuitive. And I like the notification system better on a BlackBerry than any other device that I have used. Also, multitasking is better and easier to use. Not to mention that BlackBerry smartphones have great battery life and call quality.

Yep^^. I currently have an iPhone 4, but I've been drooling over the newly announced Bold. I love all gadgets so I'm not picking sides!
    05-31-11 08:07 PM
    I have my torch "borrowed" out on a family plan to a family member so I'm getting both worlds - BB and Apple - constantly. I was just doing some upgrading on the torch recently and I was saying to myself - "all this phone really needs is a better screen resolution, faster processor and a better OS and I'm sold ".

I would raise out the "speed" part as the most important thing being Its Achilles's heel for the torch.

I will probably gonna exchange it for one of the newer BBs , whenever they come out, since this torch also have a wobble problem and a bit banged up from use.

If the new one satisfies me, I will probably dump the IP4, unless the IP5 amazes me more so it's all up in the air right now. I'm not loyal to either of them so I just need to be dazzled and satisfied with functionality and I'm there.

What I miss the most is the BB messenger, since I got about 6 friends with BBs and the alternative gtalk apps on the IP4 aren't as good, neither the notification function and I hate not having the function on the IP4 to set when the phone should turn off and on so overseas people don't wake me at graveyard times, because they can't calculate the time difference.
    Last edited by Shodan775; 05-31-11 at 11:26 PM.
    05-31-11 11:22 PM
    When I bought my factory unlocked iPhone 4, I kept my BB data plan so I could switch devices back and forth. Since I've used the iPhone, the only time I switched back to my old BB was when I put my invisible shield on.

Now with iOS 5 coming this fall, there is definitely no turning back. No regrets. And as a side note, I was a BB addict before my iPhone.
    06-06-11 10:07 PM
    ...after yesterday's events, I can't see that happening anytime soon.
    06-07-11 07:32 AM
    I can't see going to the iPhone from my blackberry after having an iPad now for a few weeks and three viphones in the family.
    06-07-11 09:23 AM
    ...confused, are you having a bad experience with the 'i' products?

I can't see going to the iPhone from my blackberry after having an iPad now for a few weeks and three viphones in the family.
    06-07-11 09:46 AM
    I could if the new ones coming out later this year are as good as they are supposed to be.
    06-07-11 10:11 AM
    ...confused, are you having a bad experience with the 'i' products?
    My family loves their iPhones and the iPad is okay. The lack of a file upload button on mobile safari is annoying. After two weeks I loaded 3 apps on the ipad. The big screen is nice but with the portfolio case it's heavy.

My bb does bes perfectly and that is my phones primary function. I got the iPad to supplement the bb, could have gotten the playbook. I can't see using my iPhone for work related functions when my bb is perfect for my requirements.
    06-07-11 11:02 AM
    I will never go back to blackberry for my personal phone..It is amazing how much quicker I get work done on my iphone than blackberry.

Things that took me 20 minutes on a blacbkerry to do only take me seconds on an iphone, whether it be checking bank statements, credit card bills, ordering food, sending emails, etc.

It is just so much faster in every way
    06-07-11 11:32 AM
    I like bes much better than active sync. The iPhone email management is not as good as bes.
    06-07-11 12:01 PM
    You have a slight point here (I manage a BES server). BUT, but, I will say this, Apple kicks the BlackBerry's **** when it comes to opening and viewing attachments...

Pinch and zoom, priceless. Yes, I'm sure once the BlackBerry 9900 is released, I could be saying something different here. But, till then...

I like bes much better than active sync. The iPhone email management is not as good as bes.
    06-07-11 12:16 PM
531 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD