I have been back and forth with my Bold 9780 and my iPhone 4 for a few weeks now. Noticed I have my SIM in the iphone more lately. Sometimes miss the LED and some BBM. Thats honestly about it and the crazy long battery life. Just web browsing on a BB is a pain in the *** compared to the iPhone. I am Jailbroken and love that fact. Just having the bigger screen and retina display is amazing. Been hard going back to the small screen and low resolution. I change my mind like I do underwear lately lol.
    01-16-11 11:40 AM
    Yes, because I just drank the Kool-Aid and I am a Apple iPhone user. I am really not all that impressed :/
    01-16-11 09:29 PM
    Yes, because I just drank the Kool-Aid and I am a Apple iPhone user. I am really not all that impressed :/
    First off, "drank the Kool-Aid" thats your problem right there... Sounds to me you were setting yourself up for disapointment in the first place.

People going around calling the iPhone "the jesus phone" and comments like "sipping the steve jobs Kool-Aid" etc... You're the ones inflating the apple profile. Creating this false pretense that all their products are the best ever! which is not true for everyone. Its really not that serious, its personal preference.

One would hope, you bought the phone because of its useful functions and design, not because it puts you in with the cool crowd.
    01-17-11 06:35 AM
    IF Apple's products aren't some of the best ever, then tell me who's are lol... Mac OSX make windows look like a joke, not to mention you can run Windows on a Mac... iPods ? no comparison, MacBooks ? some of the best laptops ever created, whether MacBook, Pro or Air

And there isn't a smartphone that truly stays as fluid with the very friendly UI.. hands down

and that's before we get to features
    01-17-11 12:09 PM
    IF Apple's products aren't some of the best ever, then tell me who's are lol... Mac OSX make windows look like a joke, not to mention you can run Windows on a Mac... iPods ? no comparison, MacBooks ? some of the best laptops ever created, whether MacBook, Pro or Air

And there isn't a smartphone that truly stays as fluid with the very friendly UI.. hands down

and that's before we get to features
    I think you missed the part where I said "...is not true for everyone" again it's personal preference.

Personally, I love Apple products; been using a Mac as my home computer for many many years. But my point was that people are real silly if they are buying the iPhone only to be deemed cool
    01-17-11 03:30 PM
    I think you missed the part where I said "...is not true for everyone" again it's personal preference.

Personally, I love Apple products; been using a Mac as my home computer for many many years. But my point was that people are real silly if they are buying the iPhone only to be deemed cool
    this is true, i did kinda get carried away lol oops
    01-17-11 11:15 PM
    I just bought a used Bold 9000 to see what the Blackberry addiction was all about. After about two weeks of daily BlackBerry use, I saw how easy the iPhone made everyday tasks. I'm strictly Apple now.
    01-18-11 06:16 PM
    What is ssh? And that is another thing (I'm thinking of switching from my storm 2 to the new iphone for Verizon) is it possible to download pictures/videos directly to your iphone from the browser? For example if you were on ign.com and they had trailers for movies/video games on my bb I would click on them (from opera) and the option to download would pop up. Is that possible on the iphone? Is it possible, but only with opera? Is there anyway to download video to it and take advantage of it as a mass storage device for drag and drop type activities?

Thanks

I missed the LED and BBM when I switched. I still missed it and then went and got a 9780. However I am finding my self putting my sim in the iPhone 4 more again. I am jailbroken and it took 1 min to jailbreak. Best thing I did to my iPhone 4. Lots of themes, tweaks etc. Love the i4 but do like my BB also. Not being tied to iTunes is great as well. I just ssh my phone and click and drag music etc.
    01-18-11 07:24 PM
    What is ssh? And that is another thing (I'm thinking of switching from my storm 2 to the new iphone for Verizon) is it possible to download pictures/videos directly to your iphone from the browser? For example if you were on ign.com and they had trailers for movies/video games on my bb I would click on them (from opera) and the option to download would pop up. Is that possible on the iphone? Is it possible, but only with opera? Is there anyway to download video to it and take advantage of it as a mass storage device for drag and drop type activities?

Thanks
    Pictures. yes, supported right off the bet through Safari. For videos, there are plenty of apps available for free (not so great) and for a little money (1-2 dollars), which fully work for downloading movies and music too.
    Downloads - Download Manager for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
    Last edited by Shodan775; 01-18-11 at 09:38 PM.
    01-18-11 09:05 PM
    Thank you

Pictures. yes, supported right off the bet through Safari. For videos, there are plenty of apps available for free (not so great) and for a little money (1-2 dollars), which fully work for downloading movies and music too.

Download Manager for iPhone - Free iPhone software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Download Manager lets your download multiple files at once | All on the iPhone, iPod touch & iPad
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-18-11 09:27 PM
    Thank you

I gave you a link which is another download manager, this is the one I use, it works 100%
    Downloads - Download Manager for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
    01-18-11 09:39 PM
    Don't think so! Reactivated my old 8900 yesterday to provide my son a temporary loaner as his 3GS died, and was reminded of the issues I dealt with when it took 8 minutes to boot. IPhone ain't perfect (none are) but definitely a more advanced device than any BB in existence.
    01-18-11 10:15 PM
    Don't think so! Reactivated my old 8900 yesterday to provide my son a temporary loaner as his 3GS died, and was reminded of the issues I dealt with when it took 8 minutes to boot. IPhone ain't perfect (none are) but definitely a more advanced device than any BB in existence.
    But that's 3GS. Iphone 4 is not only cosmetic upgrade, any previous iphone 3GS owner would tell you. Trust me on this..the ip4 doesn't even take a minute to boot from a full power-down.
    01-18-11 10:51 PM
    For years I've branded the iPhone as a toy and the BB as a business tool. I recently purchased a second hand 3GS and now can't wait to upgrade to an iPhone 5. I will never go back to a BB unless Rim makes some drastic changes to OS and handsets. It's sad but true but bb's are so dated. The only thing I miss is bbm. My 3GS does everything I need but battery life let's it down a little but that I can live with.

01-20-11 12:25 AM
    I guess I'm the odd man out in this thread. My iPhone 4 is fantastic, but I find myself still looking at blackberrys. I don't see myself giving up my iPhone anytime soon, but if RIM can get their act together, I could go back.
    01-20-11 02:20 AM
    If BB was Open Source, I'd think about it.
    01-20-11 03:56 PM
    Question for you guys...I am with Cellular South right now in Mississippi. I am tired of having two devices. Phone and iPod. I am really thinking about switching over to ATT and getting the iPhone. (1) Should I wait until summer to get iPhone 5? (2) What size iPhone should I get?
    01-21-11 03:50 PM
    Question for you guys...I am with Cellular South right now in Mississippi. I am tired of having two devices. Phone and iPod. I am really thinking about switching over to ATT and getting the iPhone. (1) Should I wait until summer to get iPhone 5? (2) What size iPhone should I get?
    I'm in the same boat as you. I have the torch with AT&T now, but I'm wanting to get the iphone 4. My brother is telling me to wait until iPhone 5 comes out, but patience is not one of my strengths..lol! Personally for me, I don't think I'm going to wait. If you want to wait to see what iPhone 5 has, then I say wait; and if not, then I say get the iPhone 4.
    01-21-11 04:11 PM
    I think he was referring to the 8900 when said 8min load time .
    And I do agree ip4 is by far the iPhone IMO

But that's 3GS. Iphone 4 is not only cosmetic upgrade, any previous iphone 3GS owner would tell you. Trust me on this..the ip4 doesn't even take a minute to boot from a full power-down.
    01-21-11 04:47 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you. I have the torch with AT&T now, but I'm wanting to get the iphone 4. My brother is telling me to wait until iPhone 5 comes out, but patience is not one of my strengths..lol! Personally for me, I don't think I'm going to wait. If you want to wait to see what iPhone 5 has, then I say wait; and if not, then I say get the iPhone 4.
    Basically you are waiting for something, that will look exactly like iphone 4, I don't exactly believe it will be as a big jump for apple, like it was between ip3 to 4.

Sure, you gonna have the latest and the greatest, it's the same deal with cars too, and yet people still buy the 2010 model cars, despite that there is a new one in the make already, which will be a lot better, etc...
    01-21-11 04:50 PM
    so the iPhone 5, won't have any upgrades internally? I would figure, they'd want in the dual core race. Maybe iPhone 6?
    01-21-11 04:53 PM
    I think internally there well be the only changes. Like the A5 chip and maybe dual core. External I predict exactly the same.

so the iPhone 5, won't have any upgrades internally? I would figure, they'd want in the dual core race. Maybe iPhone 6?
    01-21-11 05:49 PM
    External I predict exactly the same.
    The differences so far...the antenna is being moved

01-21-11 05:53 PM
    Is that the ip5 or the Verizon version?
    01-21-11 05:56 PM
    Is that the ip5 or the Verizon version?
    good question. I don't think anyone know it for sure. It would be nice surprise if it's only just the verizon version of the i4 and keeping a tight lid and "surprise us" with the i5.
    01-21-11 06:35 PM
531 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD