Nope. Not unless BlackBerry totally changes its UI and app selection.

The iPhone is just a totally different device, and is a lot more capable in many, many ways.

And the e-mail defense no longer works for BlackBerry phones, because my iPhone 4 has push e-mail for my personal account (Gmail) and my school account (Microsoft Exchange).
    01-08-11 01:41 PM
    I don't have an iPhone but I know some in my family who are waiting for it to come to Verizon. I think those in question will be ready to drop BlackBerry like a bad habit. I can't see us going back to BB unless we had a business requiring its feature set.
    01-08-11 09:23 PM
    OK nothing to do with the thread but how old are you? It makes me cring to see people posting about texting or responding to email while driving putting others lives in danger. You however are even worse as you seem to think texting is fine while driving and that hold a phone to your ear isn't an option. Even talking on the phone while driving puts lives in danger but no where near texting or something that takes your eyes away from the road.

Please stop, go kill yourslef but leave innocent people out of your path.

/rant
    it was a matter of speaking. and yes-- you are totally off topic. get a life **** head.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-11 10:12 PM
    Not too long ago I said I couldn't go back to BB. It would take a crap load of stuff to bring me back. Then all of a sudden I have a BB 9780. Guess I missed the LED, keyboard, battery life etc. I use the 9780 for my phone for business and personal use and carry the iPhone as a web browser, multimedia etc. I am however going to have to hook up the iPhone as well since I am launching another business so I will use the 9780 for business and iPhone for personal use. Many of my forum posts here are with the iPhone 4.
    01-08-11 10:29 PM
    I honestly have been going back and forth between the Torch and the iPhone 4 for more than two months now.

Things like browser speed and battery life are surprisingly comparable for the two.

The iPhone excels with polished apps and higher resolution, and it behaves well with my car's bluetooth setup.

The Torch has many of my go-to apps as well, excels as a communciation device and the Torch drops fewer calls.

I can see moving back and forth for a long time due to the strengths of each device.
    01-10-11 09:41 AM
    I've gone back and forth in the past, but I will not go back to a BB anymore. That's just my personal preference.
    01-12-11 09:53 AM
    i think i won't go back either, BB OS does feel outdated.
    01-12-11 10:23 AM
    I'd go back to BB if it was better than Android, or iOS. Right now, it's not. I'd go iPhone at this point before I think about BlackBerry.
    01-12-11 12:11 PM
    I've had an 8900 for the past year and made the jump to iPhone this past weekend. There are some things I miss about BlackBerry. I miss being able to use custom themes (easily, without jailbreaking), sound profiles, not being tied to iTunes, the LED, and the physical keyboard. But overall the cons outweighed the pros for me on BlackBerry...in general it just felt outdated and clunky. The difference between BlackBerry and iPhone was like night and day to me. There are things I miss, but I think the iPhone does a much better job in regards to the things I mostly use a smartphone for. And in regards to BBM...everyone on there for me had already gone to iPhone :P
    01-12-11 03:12 PM
    I missed the LED and BBM when I switched. I still missed it and then went and got a 9780. However I am finding my self putting my sim in the iPhone 4 more again. I am jailbroken and it took 1 min to jailbreak. Best thing I did to my iPhone 4. Lots of themes, tweaks etc. Love the i4 but do like my BB also. Not being tied to iTunes is great as well. I just ssh my phone and click and drag music etc.
    01-12-11 03:22 PM
    I tried going back to BB with the Torch but just couldnt keep it. Returned it. RIM needs serious help and need it fast
    Cleveland likes this.
    01-12-11 03:52 PM
    I've switched back and forth previously, went from a Pearl on Verizon, to the iphone 3G on ATT. While the iphone was an amazing device the reception was horrendous. I mean I could barely use it in my house. It did the multimedia thing awesome, internet was phenomenal. But with everything I had to deal with and my work at that point and time the 9700 suited my needs for a physical keyboard and great email.

Now with my 9700 I'm thinking of going to the iphone4, I'm wondering if anyone can honestly say the reception with the ip4 is any better? And has there been any speculation on whether vzw getting the iphone will alleviate the stress on atts network? I really do hope soo, because my blackberry is feeling outdated, and I now browse the web more then ever before because my laptop is dead, which sucks on the bb.

To answer the OPs question, I think someone said we are creatures of habit, that's probably the best answer. But when I left the iphone it always remained in the back of my head, not sure I'm gonna be saying the same about the blackberry for the time being.

01-12-11 05:00 PM
    Reception on the iPhone 4 is many times better than my 3GS was... Places I'd lose service before I carry 1-2 bars now ... Reception is DEFINITELY better, one has to remember Apple has only made phones for 4 years ... Each one better than the last... Can't wait to see what they do next lol
    01-12-11 05:10 PM
    No way for me. I had to use BB because I am developing BB app. Talking about app, do you know how much easier to install an iPhone app. Never have to re-start the phone. Plus if need to re-start, it takes 10 times shorter to re-start an iPhone.
    01-12-11 08:34 PM
    I'm thinking of making the switch again, only this time to the iPhone. This torch has given me nothing but problems; and I like the iPhone 4.
    01-12-11 10:29 PM
    mentally I've been going back and forth between the blackberry and iPhone, but as someone stated BB is too outdated in browser for me to let go of the iPhone. The vision is beautiful, the apps are exceptional. Personally, I just hate how you have to treat the iPhone 4 like a baby--- the BB was very rugged and durable in my hands even after dropping it. Still the iPhone is far above the BB I love and miss my BB, but it was time for a change.
    01-13-11 07:41 AM
    I really like my Iphone 4 but I'm not gonna say I will never go back to bb. But bb really needs to come with something new cus it's sad what they have now..
    01-13-11 09:38 AM
    Never say never, right? I believe many would come back if RIM comes out with a competitive device. Although people are very tired of the same old BB OS, i think the lack of up to date hardware is leading people to switch to other platforms.

I think RIM should keep making blackberrys, not iphone/android competitors but keep up with the times. No more 624MHZ processors.
    01-13-11 10:41 AM
    The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 with Verizon was the first BlackBerry I owned and since then I've owned the Curve>Storm>Tour>Bold 9650. I still the Pearl and Storm and would not hesitate activating the Pearl today if I needed a backup phone.

I will always be a BlackBerry fan and will probably always use them, even if they seem antiquated by todays standards. Now that I'm getting the Verizon iPhone I can finally get rid of Android but I will probably pick up the the next new Verizon BlackBerry to use for backup and also for Real Estate. I think BlackBerry still has better PIM functionality than the iPhone at this point.
    01-14-11 09:00 AM
    I love my iPhone 4, and the way things look I'll be ready to order iPhone 5 but I'll never say never, especially when it comes to the fast moving industry of smart phones... albeit RIM is mooooving veeeery slooooow
    01-14-11 11:59 AM
    I try to never say never, so I'll just I don't see it happening for me.
    01-14-11 02:36 PM
    Never. I had 3 different BB phones before my iPhone 4 and I will never go back. My iPhone does everything my BB did and 10 times more.
    01-15-11 03:17 PM
    I will most likely be switching to the iPhone once Verizon gets it and most likely won't go back to a Blackberry. The web surfing on a BB is pathetic. lousy for multimedia watching and data plans are too expensive for a phone that don't handle the internet too well. I need more than texting and phone calls with a data plan.

I don't see RIM keeping up with the times
    Last edited by zwoof; 01-15-11 at 10:02 PM.
    01-15-11 09:54 PM
    OK nothing to do with the thread but how old are you? It makes me cring to see people posting about texting or responding to email while driving putting others lives in danger. You however are even worse as you seem to think texting is fine while driving and that hold a phone to your ear isn't an option. Even talking on the phone while driving puts lives in danger but no where near texting or something that takes your eyes away from the road.

Please stop, go kill yourslef but leave innocent people out of your path.

/rant
    There's nothing illegal about operating your phone if it's in a dash holder, it's just like working your radio.
    Quick email replies are very easy on a blackberry, type R/ type your quick reply, "ok" for example/ double click menu button and it's sent.
    Doing this with the phone in your hand is illegal.

01-16-11 03:58 AM
    I am soooooooooooo sad some of you are still dysfunctional and hanging on to the dysfunctional blackberry. Please go to church, let God into your hearts, then toss your Blackberry in the trash and get an Iphone.

Not only will you be happier, God will love you.
    01-16-11 07:41 AM
531 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD