Yesterday I bought two of the same exact printers. One for home and one for work.

HP Eall-in-one B210

At work the set up was easy, the printer found the wireless network and we were off and going and I could print from my phone to the printer

At home instead of the automatic connect HP support told me that it couldnt find it automatically like it did when I was at work and this is why the set up wanted me to enter my ip address off my printer into the computer set up.

At home it says searching for printer, cannot find printers again at work it finds the printer perfectly

I am looking for some direction & help on making this work at home. this is part of the reason I bought the printer in the first place.

Thanks - Hope this makes since and I would be happy to provide more information if needed!!!
    06-02-11 04:25 PM
    Do you have a wireless network at home?
    06-02-11 07:40 PM
    yes i can print from my computer wirelessly to the printer and i can connect to wifi on the phone

phone just wont pick up printer at home like it does at work
    06-02-11 10:55 PM
    From the printer, can you print a configuration page? If yes, you should see the wireless IP address for the printer on that print out...

Now, from your pc, can you ping that IP? [start \ run, enter cmd, and click ok. you'll get a black dos screen. Enter ping space, and then the IP address. Example: ping 192.168.1.25, and press enter].

If you get four replies, then the computer can see the printer. If not, something else is the issue.

I'd then start over, load the CD in your drive, for follow the prompts. Also, the 'wireless' button on the printer is ON, right?
    06-05-11 05:41 PM
    Thanks for given this information. I have a Canon MP640, my unit out of the box and in about 10 minutes on my wireless network connection. I use two on the network PC (XP) and Mac. I fill their cartridges. Very simple, very beautiful for my work, scanning, copying and printing. No problem. Very satisfied.
    07-13-11 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD