I wonder if just AT&T will get IPhone 5 this spring? I can hardly see them engineering an IPhone 4 for CDMA having a big launch for just 4 months? Will VZW also get the dual core IPhone 5 in June?? Why wouldn't they just wait to launch the VZW Iphone5 in May with the AT&T version?? Don't count on seeing an IPhone 5 for VZW anytime soon.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 01-22-11 at 02:03 PM.
    01-22-11 01:50 PM
    Um, nobody knows...

The reason they are launching the CDMA iP4 now is because they know they can make money on it now.
    01-22-11 02:23 PM
    It's a mystery.
    01-22-11 04:22 PM
    i dont think so, its so close to the 4 just being released
    01-22-11 10:05 PM
    I say there's a good chance that they will release the iPhone 5 for vzw. For example, it really doesn't bother VZW when they release multiple droids months apart and **** customers off by doing so. Take for example the Droid 2. They released the Droid 2 about 8-9 mos. after the original Droid, then 2-3 months later, they released the Droid 2 Global, and then they just stopped manufacturing the Original Droid 2 altogether. They will definitely make money off of the iPhone 4 now. Many people are up for upgrades so if they want the iPhone now, they will get it. But also, many people aren't up for upgrades until later on, so most consumers will wait. They then will have the option of getting the iP5. I also think Apple will want to get both at&t and vzw on the same release schedule. It might be more cost effective for them to do it this way. Especially if it's just a world phone with both GSM/CDMA chips instead of having to design 2 different phones. You already see that the bumpers for at&t and vzw have had to be re-designed in order to fit both phones. I don't think Apple wants to continue that trend, I think they will want to unify and have one phone for both or maybe all carriers. But, who knows. I guess we all will have to wait until June/July.
    01-23-11 06:38 AM
    Is it possible a lot of iPhone 5 softwre is burried in the vzw? Other than LTE. which is a completely redesigned phone anyway, might not show till next year. Apple said they were in no rush for LTE.
    01-23-11 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD